BTW, i forgot to mention i had Mimas, so i can do this on my calc.
each pixel is equal to 1 bit. there are 8 bits in a byte.When you use

Code:
.db %

your saying you want to set the bits yourself.if the bit is 1, the pixel is black, if its 0, the pixel is white.So

Code:
.db %10101010

would look like - - - -

iPutSprite is a routine used to copy these images to the screen.
when using iPutSprite, 'a' is the x coordinate, 'l' is the y, 'b' is the height, and 'ix' is the pointer to the image.So this

Code:
ld a,5
ld l,10
ld b,8
ld ix,Smile
call iPutSprite

means you want to draw the sprite Smile which is 8 pixels high starting at (5,10)
Then use an oncalc sprite program, and replace the .db <whatever>% with .db <whatever>h
>_< noo, that would just overcomplicate everything.

.db %00000111 is the exact same thing size and all as .db 07h

you dont need an oncalc program to convert anything.But, if you dont want to draw these images by hand, look up CalcGS. Make sure you only use the black and white colors for now
No, I mean oncalc sprite makers output in hex, so doing .db <whatever>h would be easier than converting to binary.
no, it wouldn't. The only different between using binary and hex is that with binary, you can 'see' which pixels are on and which are off, whereas with hex you cant

you dont 'convert' to binary from hex with imaging, those sprite edittor convert binary to hex! they look at each individual pixel as binary, then convert to hex for TI-Basic size reasons, there is not size difference in ASM code, so drawing with binary is better in every way

lastly, thats why I suggested CalcGS, I lets you draw sprites with bitmap like tools
i probably wont use the computer that much, so im going to do this on my calc. how do i use it?
Sad adamac, its not the smartest idea to write z80 oncalc. z80 can become easily inflated and the TI's slow processor would take hundreds of times longer to compile even with the best oncalc compiler. z80 is best wrote on pc, tested in an emulator, then sent to calc when done
the thing is, im on my moms comp because my comp doesnt have a modem. and when i get home from school, my mom is always on this comp.
Sad i honestly say i feel you pain there.I and everyone else remember time I crashed my pc.I had to do everything oncalc and got constantly nagged at for multiposting cuz i could only write so much using the internet on my phone.I'll keep an I out for any z80 utilities that may help you, or even make a few of my own in the free time if i can.
kk
I've never tested it, but this seems like a promissing sprite editor

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/432/43206.html
For a simple sprite image to .db conversion, SourceCoder does a fine job in my opinion.

http://sc.cemetech.net
Kerm, I think you missed the part where he said this...

Quote:
the thing is, im on my moms comp because my comp doesnt have a modem. and when i get home from school, my mom is always on this comp.
Anakclusmos wrote:
Kerm, I think you missed the part where he said this...

Quote:
Ah, I certainly did miss that. Mimas isn't a bad choice at all; the only trouble for me would be the lack of available documentation. I like coding ASM on my computer so I can pull up all the PDFs and tutorials that I have stored.
Either or, I can still do some on my calc, can't I?
adamac15 wrote:
Either or, I can still do some on my calc, can't I?
You certainly can, nothing to stop you doing a little of each. My only caution is I'm not sure how easy it is to switch from one to the other in the middle. SourceCoder could probably extract the source code from a Mimas program in a pinch, but I'm not sure how you go the other way.
couldnt you just re-paste it in sourcecoder? I thought it could convert to .8xp to?
Anakclusmos wrote:
couldnt you just re-paste it in sourcecoder? I thought it could convert to .8xp to?
You can, but I don't think that's the literal form that Mimas source files take; I bet they have a custom header of some sort.
well i can do it on my calc now. how should i start it? (after Start:)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours