Anakclusmos wrote:
I didnt know distributing romdumps was illegal. I thought if everyone here including tighta55 captain K up there used them that were legal.
They're not illegal to have, they're illegal to distribute. That's the difference. The RIAA and MPAA go after people who distribute media much more than those who download it, I suspect. And TI community sites have gotten shut down in the past for knowingly or unknowingly hosting ROMs; ticalc.org has an extremely strict rule about it for that reason.

@adamac: Let me know if you get a chance to try that.
k im in the \asm\source file path and theres two already on it. what are those for?
Wink mybad, like i said, I didnt know.
Quote:
This was my captain K unreasonably editted post

You can compile a TI83+ program with TIC83+ like this

Code:
TIC83+  source.z80

Here's a test program...

Code:
#include tic83plus.inc

.org $9d95
  .db $BB,$6D

ld hl,hellotxt
  bcall(_puts)
  ret

hellotxt:
  .db "Hello World!",0
"hello world" was in the tutorials that i went through and i copied it. worked.
adamac15 wrote:
k im in the \asm\source file path and theres two already on it. what are those for?
Those are just sample programs for you to play around with, but it seems like you already figured that out. Smile
try something a bit more complicated?

Code:
#include "dcs7.inc"

.org $9d95
  .db $bb,$6d

xor d
  ret
  jr nc,Start
  .dw 0
  .dw 0
  .dw 0
  .dw 0
Start:
  call OpenGUIStack
  ld hl,MyStack
  call PushGUIStacks
  ld hl,0
  call GUIMouse
Quit:
  call 4000h
  call CloseGUIStack
  ret

MyStack:
  .dw 13
  .db LargeWin
  .db %11100000
  .db %10110000
  .db %10010000
  .db %10010000
  .db %11110000
  .db "Test",0

.dw 10
  .db WinButtons
  .db %00100000
  .dw 0
  .dw 0
  .dw Quit

Endofstack:
  .dw $FFFF
Very nice, although why did you do call $4000 instead of call ResetAppPage?
Confused just wrote it off the top of my head, couldn't remember the actual name for it
Anakclusmos wrote:
Confused just wrote it off the top of my head, couldn't remember the actual name for it
Fair enough, I'm impressed that you remembered the equate for it.
I keep the equates for Saferam1, getkey, gbuf, mouseapprest (or whatever you call it), and _puts in my head

I particularly remember $4000 cuz its appstart and I make more apps than anything
Anakclusmos wrote:
I keep the equates for Saferam1, getkey, gbuf, mouseapprest (or whatever you call it), and _puts in my head

I particularly remember $4000 cuz its appstart and I make more apps than anything
Ah, that makes sense.

@Adamac: Perhaps you could write a program than asks the user to press a number key, 1 through 9, then displays the number that they choose? That would be a simple program that might be challenging for a beginner.
Anakclusmos wrote:
try something a bit more complicated?

Code:
.org $9d95
  .db $bb,$6d

You're off by two. The program does indeed get loaded to $9D95, but you have to account for the AsmPrgm token ($BB, $6D): .org $9D93.

Edit: That's the compiled AsmPrgm token (.db t2ByteTok, tasmCmp).
realized that after i posted Razz I was braindead for a half a sec there
KermMartian wrote:
Anakclusmos wrote:

Ah, that makes sense.

@Adamac: Perhaps you could write a program than asks the user to press a number key, 1 through 9, then displays the number that they choose? That would be a simple program that might be challenging for a beginner.
i can try that (keyword "TRY")
oooorrr. you could try writing a program to move a sprite around the screen using the arrows key.Then you can build and extend upon it working toward the goal of making a game
dont know about sprites
Its just a fancy word for an images.
Sprites are made like this

Code:
Smile:
  .db %00111100
  .db %01000010
  .db %10100101
  .db %10000001
  .db %10100101
  .db %10011001
  .db %01000010
  .db %00111100

The 1's say that the pixel is on, the 0's mean the pixel is off. In the case of this sprite, the image is a smiley face.

Here's an example of how to use this sprite:

Code:
.org $9d93
  .db $bb,$6d

ret           ; Just gonna use the ion header for this
  jr nc,Start
  .db "Test",0

ld a,0     ;The x position
  ld l,0      ;The y position
  ld b,8     ;The height
  ld ix,Smile
  call iPutSprite   ;draw the sprites
  bcall(grbufcpy)  ;or you can use call iFastcopy, just updating the screen
  ret
ok i understand the pixels, what i dont understand how to make the sprite.
Either one (or ideally, both) would be good for a beginner, imho.
You use a sprite making program. There are some oncalc ones as well as computer ones.

Alternatively, you could ask The Hex God (Sonlen) to convert the sprites. Just Joking

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours