As some of you know, I am learning (or attempting to learn) ASM. I have finished TI-83+ ASM For The Absolute Beginner, and on the way to another tutorial, Learn TI-83+ ASM in 28 Days. But before I do that, I need to write my own ASM program. Where should I start?
adamac15 wrote:
As some of you know, I am learning (or attempting to learn) ASM. I have finished TI-83+ ASM For The Absolute Beginner, and on the way to another tutorial, Learn TI-83+ ASM in 28 Days. But before I do that, I need to write my own ASM program. Where should I start?
Well, the simplest ASM program would be one that displays some text onscreen, namely the canonical "Hello World" program. Have you set up the DCS SDK to help you assemble programs?
I don't think so. How do I do that?
adamac15 wrote:
Just download this and unpack it somewhere on your computer:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/341/34192.html

The included PDF has a chapter on using the SDK, but the short version is to store your .asm source code files in the /asm/source/ directory and create batch files in the main /asm/ directory that contain, for example, "compile hello" to compile the program named "hello.asm".
I already have this downloaded. Ill check it out sometime.
Very Happy Of course, if you want you should check out my new devkit called TIC83+. I compiles TI83 Progs, TI83+ Progs, TI83+ Apps, TI83+ OSes, TI83+ Rom Images, and exports .bin and .hex files. It comes with the emulator WabbitEmu, a ti83+ romdump, my own grayscale for apps include file, the header to build an Os, and my HUGE include file called tic83plus.inc
It has a romdump? Are you sure that's legal?
adamac15 wrote:
I already have this downloaded. Ill check it out sometime.
Excellent, glad to hear it. Everything's already there, so you don't need to download anything extra.

@Anakclusmos: I rejected your upload because you include a (very very) old version of Wabbit in the zip. You should not do that. You should instead point people to where to download WabbitEmu, both because it's under active development (so they get the latest version) and because I don't think Buckeye would be very happy about you redistributing it without asking.
Mad Whats illegal about having a romdump? They're needed to run an emulator
Anakclusmos wrote:
Mad Whats illegal about having a romdump? They're needed to run an emulator
Wait, you included a romdump too? Good thing I rejected it! That's very, very illegal.
um, how is having a romdump illegal?
Whats so bad about a romdump?You, me and anyone else with an emu uses em!

Kerm, I didnt know there was a later version, but that second parts retarded.I'm not advertising his product I'm just putting all the necessary tools need to compile any data for the TI83+

If it's better I just read the license it says you can redistube with a copy of the license.Which I'll do
Anakclusmos wrote:
Whats so bad about a romdump?You, me and anyone else with an emu uses em!

Kerm, I didnt know there was a later version, but that second parts retarded.I'm not advertising his product I'm just putting all the necessary tools need to compile any data for the TI83+

If it plucks the hair out of everyone butt I just read the license it says you can redistube with a copy of the license.Which I'll do
*Without a copy of the license. It's not just good manners, it's the law. As I said, it's an old old version of WabbitEmu too, so what's the point of distributing an old program? Also, ROMs are illegal to distribute because they're intellectual property of TI. When you buy a calculator, most of the money you're paying is for the OS, not the hardware. To get a ROM image, you need to dump the ROM from your personal calculator for it to be sort-of legal, and even then it's borderline from everything I've heard.
>_< that is the most friggin retarded thing that belongs in the Planned Obsolence topic crap I've ever heard.

Alright, I've updated my version of WabbitEmu and removed the rom dump ( Razz ) now will you accept?
Anakclusmos wrote:
>_< that is the most friggin retarded thing that belongs in the Planned Obsolence topic crap I've ever heard.

Alright, I've updated my version of WabbitEmu and removed the rom dump ( Razz ) now will you accept?
No it's not; if you had a team of developers working on a piece of software that took years to develop, you wouldn't want people redistributing it, would you? Razz

Let's stop side-tracking Adamac's topic for a bit so we can get back to helping him with assembly.
KermMartian wrote:
adamac15 wrote:
Just download this and unpack it somewhere on your computer:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/341/34192.html

The included PDF has a chapter on using the SDK, but the short version is to store your .asm source code files in the /asm/source/ directory and create batch files in the main /asm/ directory that contain, for example, "compile hello" to compile the program named "hello.asm".
Um.... i dont understand.
sorry but im a n00b when it comes to anything dealing with ASM. Please elaborate.
adamac15 wrote:
sorry but im a n00b when it comes to anything dealing with ASM. Please elaborate.
No problem. So you put a sample program in the /asm/source/ folder of the SDK, right? Say the source is hello.asm. Now, create a new file in the /asm/ folder called hello.bat. Inside type "compile hello" without the quote marks. Save it, then run hello.bat. Lo and behold, your program is compiled.
Anakclusmos wrote:

You could be sued by TI for everything you own if they find out your redristributing their own copyright protected software, just a heads up on how serious this is.

P.S. they would win hands down.
I didnt know distributing romdumps was illegal. I thought if everyone here including tighta55 captain K up there used them that were legal.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours