Looking great! Are those little ships new, or did I simply not notice them last time?
Those are the normal enemies. Basically both lobsters and them act the same, just it's possible to choose which "sprite" you want displayed.
ztrumpet wrote:
Those are the normal enemies. Basically both lobsters and them act the same, just it's possible to choose which "sprite" you want displayed.
Ahhh, of course, that makes perfect sense. Smile Thanks for the clarifications.
Exodus will be released between 3 PM and 6 PM tomorrow. (Eastern Time Zone, US)
The final size is just over 12000 bytes. Smile I decided not to add the tutorial feature as I'm already cutting it close on space as is. Very Happy

Two final screenies before the release:

This one demonstrates the DCS icon and the program size. Also, look at what happens when I land on the spikes...

This one shows all of the Bonus Secrets. They're all pretty fun. ;D

Don't miss the release tomorrow. ;D
Looks nice, glad you came up with an icon with which you're happy. Smile I will have to give it a play at some point.
Woah I love the Doors CS icon and the world map. Nice job!
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Woah I love the Doors CS icon and the world map. Nice job!
Yeah, I like when programmers/designers go slightly meta by using elements of the lower levels (ie, gameplay) of the game in the higher levels (ie, world map / menus / etC).
Exodus is finally out!

http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=534

Thank you to everyone who has supported this project along the way. I hope you enjoy this game. ;D
Congrats on the release, ztrumpet. Smile A random thought: I notice you suddenly switched to black-on-white screenshots; are you no longer using WabbitEmu?
KermMartian wrote:
Congrats on the release, ztrumpet. Smile A random thought: I notice you suddenly switched to black-on-white screenshots; are you no longer using WabbitEmu?
I was messing around with Wabbit settings and found it! I like the black and white look a little better, so I was happy. Smile
ztrumpet wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I was messing around with Wabbit settings and found it! I like the black and white look a little better, so I was happy. Smile
Ah, that makes sense. Personally I prefer the screen-true colors better since WabbitEmu offers it, but to each his own. Have any of the non-ztrumpets of you tried Exodus out yet?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours