That might be a good idea. Good luck contacting him, though.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Sorry to hear you couldn't solve the Reuben Quest issue. I wonder if BrandonW might know what's up? To me, it sounded like it occured when the screen was in Horiz mode. That said, it seems to be an uncommon bug, though, because I tried a few other games and they worked fine. But again, they did not use Horiz, so...

Which of the 2, or is it both of them, I think with some debugging and editing, if Kerm wants to, we might can find out what the issue is, btw, mind posting in a topic or link to an existing one the exact issue?

I have a few Ideas, I just need to be able to talk to you about how the program is setup since I can't seem to even change a little bit of it without it clearing the screen until I remove the batteries, and hope it doesn't give a ram clear. :/
tr1p1ea hangs out on #Cemetech every once in a blue moon, so I'll try to collar him the next time he appears. In the meantime, Sonlen, I'd appreciate if you'd continue your investigations with my assistance this evening so we can try to track it down.

@Everyone else: If any of you other than DJ Omni (like Qazz, for instance) that have both an Nspire and a non-Nspire could test out NetPong, DJ reported an interesting issue that I hope you guys can help me solve.
Yeah, the issue is fixed with the "for emulator" DCS O_o
qazz42 wrote:
Yeah, the issue is fixed with the "for emulator" DCS O_o
That tells me that the Nspire emulator returns 0x0000000000 to the getID call, just like on an emulator. Therefore I am going to change the Cn2.2 interrupt setup routine to detect that case and generate a random ID, which will also obviate the need for a second emulator version. I hope DJ can confirm this fix.
*bump* Qazz and DJ Omnimaga (and other Nspire owners): can you run the following under the non-emulator DCS 7.1 Beta 1 version and tell me what it gives you?

http://www.cemetech.net/files/idcheck.8xp
wait wha? Run it on the nspire, but the nspire has to have the non-emulator version of DCS?
qazz42 wrote:
wait wha? Run it on the nspire, but the nspire has to have the non-emulator version of DCS?
You can run it on your Nspire under either version of DCS 7.1 Beta 1. If you run it under the Emulator version of DCS 7.1 Beta 1, it will give a different number each time you run it. I'm most interested in what the non-Emulator version of DCS 7.1 Beta 1 (the one that wasn't working for you and for DJ Omnimaga with NetPong) returns.
ok, got it Smile
qazz42 wrote:
ok, got it Smile
Excellent, I look forward to seeing what you find, and I'll have to bug DJ Omnimaga about this later.
well! (claps hands together) it seems that I have been able to test netpong with a Ti-84+SE and a nspire with a 84 keypad that is a PIECE OF CRAP

anywho, everything seems to be in order, no freezes or anything. 2 things to note on is that 1). the ball moves slower on the nspire and 2). when the nspire turns off because of the 84 keypad's crappiness, the ball gets... lost

if you can point me to a readme of speedtest, I will try that too
Excellent, very happy to hear that, and sorry to hear that your keypad is freaking out. Sad For SpeedTest, just press either [1] (for a unidirectional test) or [2] (bidirectional) on a single calculator. Don't press anything on the other one. [Clear] should quit.
kk, it seems that is in order too, althogh, I will say once more, slower on the nspire Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
kk, it seems that is in order too, althogh, I will say once more, slower on the nspire Very Happy
Would it be possible for you to give me an approximation of bytes per minute in the two modes? Or is your calculator pair too flaky? Sad
Ah, for my regular 84, it is 280/300 and the nspire was 50/100
qazz42 wrote:
Ah, for my regular 84, it is 280/300 and the nspire was 50/100
Bytes per minute? Bytes per second? And they should be going at the same speed. O_O I think I'm misunderstanding you.
you know, let me run it again, I think my memory is failing me
qazz42 wrote:
you know, let me run it again, I think my memory is failing me
No problem, take your time. I'll wait until tomorrow or so to release SpeedTest; tonight I'll be happy if I can get NetPong, the update SDK, and the final CALCnet whitepaper out the door.
ah, thats fine, but I checked the numbers

the 84 will say 360/450 (around that) while the nspire will lag behind with a 90/100
qazz42 wrote:
ah, thats fine, but I checked the numbers

the 84 will say 360/450 (around that) while the nspire will lag behind with a 90/100
Wait, don't they continually count up? They don't get stuck on a pair of numbers, do they? Both calculators should count up in increments of about 100 or so.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours