I pull up WikiTI for information about memory mappings.
I go to the 83+ Family Ports page.
I notice that 4D-5B are documented.
DOUBLE-TAKE!
I look through them. Not knowing much about USB, I don't know how much we can do with that information. However, I want to know how it was obtained, and what we can do with it. FloppusMaximus edited it last.
I assume these individual pages were created from information in the dedicated USB page on the wiki: http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=83Plus:OS:84_Plus_USB_Information#Hardware
Calc84, I was assuming the same thing. I believe that BrandonW et al (although not too et al, because I think BrandonW's one of few people working on the USB issues) is still quite unhappy with the amount of available documentation, though, especially in terms of quirk and tricks that TI hasn't mentioned that would help him with his USB-related projects.
I've chatted with Brandon a few times about USB, and TI is still holding onto one document that completely documents what we need to know. They've lost everything else, the entire TI-83+ is unlocked, and everything excepting the USB ports is unlocked on the TI-84+. They've lost the battle, but still insist on withholding information that is vital to the development of new OSes.
Yeah, that's what I've heard from him as well. Sad I could certainly see how it would be in TI's best interest (in their view) to continue to not release it now in particular, since I'd imagine they don't want to be too associated with BrandonW's jailbreaking efforts.
SirCmpwn wrote:
I've chatted with Brandon a few times about USB, and TI is still holding onto one document that completely documents what we need to know. They've lost everything else, the entire TI-83+ is unlocked, and everything excepting the USB ports is unlocked on the TI-84+. They've lost the battle, but still insist on withholding information that is vital to the development of new OSes.
Ah right, I remember that discussion on IRC. Didn't you post the e-mail you sent to them as well? I was saddened that they hold on the document, but to be honest, I am not surprised. Sad
Oh, you got a direct communication from them about the subject? I'd love to see that if you still happen to have it.
Perhaps I can help with the 403 error.
I've been trying to post that email for a couple days, but I think it's hitting the spam filter. Here's a link to the conversation: http://cemetech.pastebin.com/mJVdTpZb
SirCmpwn wrote:
I've been trying to post that email for a couple days, but I think it's hitting the spam filter. Here's a link to the conversation: http://cemetech.pastebin.com/mJVdTpZb
Interesting; though that's more helpful even that TI-Cares usually is in my opinion. Good luck figuringit out.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours