ahhh jeez... i downgraded to the 2.43 and im still having some compuer linking problems. what could be wrong? i cant back up or restore anything, or even get any games. Why? Anyone know???

EDIT: Not sure why, but instead if deleting DCS7, (you should know, i give all the people at school MOS for games), I deleted MOS instead! AND IT WORKS!!!! i know, im cheating them out of the best calc shell ever, but most of them are school owned and rented out, so they all get deleted, which in my mind makes it pointless to give them such an advanced shell when they dont even understand how to move the cursor around, and go 'whoa!!! how did you make a picture, duuude???' and they all get deleted anyways. So theres my rant. but yay, it works!!!! Ill see if 2.53MP still works, too.... hmmmm...
rcplanegy wrote:
ahhh jeez... i downgraded to the 2.43 and im still having some compuer linking problems. what could be wrong? i cant back up or restore anything, or even get any games. Why? Anyone know???
Have you tried a full reset? It's extremely possible that 2.53MP disordered something deep within your calculator. Can you transfer your backups and groups to someone else's calculator, then do a Reset, All?
i think i solved the problem in the above post...
rcplanegy wrote:
i think i solved the problem in the above post...
Can you specify how you think you fixed the problem?

Edit: I don't understand the logic about DCS being too hard to use; you just move the mouse and click. Razz Should be trivial.
HURR, DURR, MOUSE? IT ARE VIRUZ! IMMA BATTERY PULL. HURR DURR

^ remember that Kerm? Not so simple to simpletons >.>
qazz42 wrote:

Hopefully the fact that I made the help file mandatory viewing on first run and made ENTER another click alternative that it'll be even more foolproof (although the universe keeps investing better fools).
Kerm, to quote some person: “Programmers are in a race with the Universe to create bigger and better idiot-proof programs, while the Universe is trying to create bigger and better idiots. So far the Universe is winning.”
(Rich Cook)
qazz42 wrote:
Kerm, to quote some person: “Programmers are in a race with the Universe to create bigger and better idiot-proof programs, while the Universe is trying to create bigger and better idiots. So far the Universe is winning.”
(Rich Cook)
I think he is in turn paraphrasing Douglas Adams in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (one of the best five-book trilogies ever, in case you haven't read it): "A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Hahaha, nice. Luckly for me, I don'[t know anyone so stupid to that caliber (regarding the mouse)
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Hopefully the fact that I made the help file mandatory viewing on first run and made ENTER another click alternative that it'll be even more foolproof (although the universe keeps investing better fools).
Another trick is to prompt for a password on the first run and hide that password somewhere in the readme, with clues about where it is located, but while still making sure the user will still read the doc/manual before doing anything else. Two of my games (Zelda DLQ TI-Connect Edition and Metroid II: Expansion Set) do that the first time you run them.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Another trick is to prompt for a password on the first run and hide that password somewhere in the readme, with clues about where it is located, but while still making sure the user will still read the doc/manual before doing anything else. Two of my games (Zelda DLQ TI-Connect Edition and Metroid II: Expansion Set) do that the first time you run them.

I have a feeling that might not work well if you're sending DCS calc-to-calc, though.
Precisely, and that's why I started including an in-shell Help file as of DCS7.0. I anticipate that viral distribution can make or break a shell; I don't think the online downloads are anywhere near as large a proportion of new installs as user-to-user transfers.
hmm, really? Apps take to long for me to send so I prefer comp-calc transfer.
qazz42 wrote:
hmm, really? Apps take to long for me to send so I prefer comp-calc transfer.
With the I/O link and the SilverLink, at least in my experience, the transfer times seem to be more or less identical.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours