hi guys. im having a firefox issue. it simply will not open. i click on it and it does that window 7 launch thing (super bar) and then does absolutely nothing (ff 3.6.12). I have ff beta 4 r6 and tried it too, and still the same thing. nothing. so then i tried the safe modes for both of them, and still nothing. any suggestions?
Rhombus P. wrote:
hi guys. im having a firefox issue. it simply will not open. i click on it and it does that window 7 launch thing (super bar) and then does absolutely nothing. I have ff beta 4 r6 and tried it too, and still the same thing. nothing. so then i tried the safe modes for both of them, and still nothing. any suggestions?

I had this problem for a long time too. It would not open Chrome, FF, or even IE. After doing some researching, it turns out my dll's for all my applications were missing. A system restore fixed it all.
do you know where the ff dll's are? ill check this

btw, chrome and ie still work (ie9)
Rhombus P. wrote:

Not really, I suggest system32, or where all your dll's are kept together. You might be able to download them (by the way, what browser are you on?) and place them in the folder manually. If that doesn't work, either system restore or a reinstall is inevitable.
Rhombus P. wrote:

btw, chrome and ie still work (ie9)
I don't think there are Firefox-specific DLLs. Are your antivirus definitions up-to-date? A System Restore might indeed be the way to go.
hrm, well, im running a virus scan atm to see if anythings up with that
A virus scan won't find anything. By virus-definitions, Kerm is referring to what the program identifies as a virus. Make sure you check for updates for your virus scan software.
i know what he means. i updated and am running a scan with the newest definitions

EDIT: After some process investigation, i found that firefox.exe was in fact running and hogging a significant chunk of my cpu (an entire core). anyways, i ended the process and relaunched, and now its working just fine
Don't use Firefox. Use something better, like IE or Chrome.
that is based on your opinion. based on my opinion, i am going to use both
Uh-hunh. Have fun with your slow and CPU-killing program. Looking at your PC stats, most of your RAM is probably being wasted by Firefox.

Edit: Whatever happened to rebooting your PC when something doesn't work? It seems like that would have fixed this issue immediately.
umm i was asking to an answer to a question, not a flame war.

anyways, when you got about 50 things open that you are working on, restarting is not always so easy
Rhombus P. wrote:
umm i was asking to an answer to a question, not a flame war.

anyways, when you got about 50 things open that you are working on, restarting is not always so easy
Hehe, don't take the troll-bait from Nikky. Wink I believe he still likes Opera for real, and there are many others here who like Opera. I am not one of them. Rhombus, I'm glad this got fixed! Also, Firefox can save your tabs and reopen them when you start Firefox next if you ask nicely.

@Nikky: I think that people have gotten smart enough to try to deal with individual processes than start from scratch every time something breaks.
Yeah, it's really hard to press ctrl+s, alt+f4, etc.

@Kerm: Clearly he wasn't capable of even doing that.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Yeah, it's really hard to press ctrl+s, alt+f4, etc.

@Kerm: Clearly he wasn't capable of even doing that.
Actually, it's Tools, Options, General, Startup, When Firefox starts ... [ Show tabs and windows from last time ], but close enough. Razz
I would really appreciate it if people would not spam my topics with random, irrelevant post. Something like this has happened in almost all the threads i have made, and i am not a big fan of it.
Rhombus P. wrote:
I would really appreciate it if people would not spam my topics with random, irrelevant post. Something like this has happened in almost all the threads i have made, and i am not a big fan of it.

I don't see the issue. The original issue has been resolved. Why does it matter now?
Nikky does this every topic, get used to it Wink he is here to teach you
qazz42 wrote:
Nikky does this every topic, get used to it Wink he is here to teach you

teach me what? how to spam? if this continues, i think i will pack my bags and find a new forum. (theres plenty out there)
I still fail to see what you're complaining about. What would you consider on-topic for this thread?

Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours