im complaining about you...
Quote:

what would you consider on-topic for this thread?

I would consider something that is helpful to my issue. something that gives me suggestions without telling me to switch to something else
Person: Hi. Windows 98 isn't working right.
Me: Well, have you considered using Windows XP or 7?
Person: I DON'T WANT TO SWITCH. WINDOWS 98 WORKS FINE.
Me: Well, it doesn't work fine.
Person: I HATE YOU GO DIE.
Rhombus P. wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Nikky does this every topic, get used to it Wink he is here to teach you

teach me what? how to spam? if this continues, i think i will pack my bags and find a new forum. (theres plenty out there)

Imma going to be the sane person here and tell you that nikky is our troll, anything he posts just ignore and continue... it really isnt that subtle Razz ( semi-rage from chance of losing member)
the problem is, its not only nikky
Rhombus P. wrote:
the problem is, its not only nikky

May I ask who else it is?
Rhombus probably means Killrnohj.

Anyway, forums have trolls. This is a global constant. Get used to it. I don't mean to be rude but if you can't grow a thick skin, you probably don't belong on the internet.
Quote:
May I ask who else it is?

Who else?
maybe: Ultimate Dev'r, Kllrnohj, allynfolksjr again, Kllrnohj again...

and half the time, my question never gets answered
Said it perfectly Smile

plus, OUR trolls are intelligent and usefull when we need them to Wink

and killer isnt really that bad
Quote:

Anyway, forums have trolls. This is a global constant. Get used to it. I don't mean to be rude but if you can't grow a thick skin, you probably don't belong on the internet.

umm, hello, i help run a forum. and you know what? we put it in our rules, "no trolling or you get banned." and you know what? we dont have any trolls !

Quote:

then whats bad or good? he has never helped me once, and multiple times he has ruined my thread
Personally I noticed a major improvement over here in terms of posting quality. Of course you will have the few Nikky posts that can be ignored, but I still remember when every single topic turned into a troll fest no matter what and the worst part gotta have been when the Freebuild forums initially got added (no offense to some of the Freebuild guys that actually contributes constructively to discussions).

There are other forums indeed, but I don't think you should leave Cemetech. Plus I think Kerm plus a lot of the regular members are doing a very good job at providing a nice place to discuss about calculators and learn. There are reasons why Cemetech activity skyrocketed over the past year while most other forums are slowly falling into agony.

EDIT: KeithJohansen not all forums have them. Razz Well... maybe they do, but they don't even troll hard enough to be trolling. Razz
I would say there is very little trolling in this thread. He's just angry because he didn't like our suggestions.
Rhombus P. wrote:
Quote:

umm, hello, i help run a forum. and you know what? we put it in our rules, "no trolling or you get banned." and you know what? we dont have any trolls !

What forum is this? Has it established itself as a long running and major trafficked website?

Rhombus P. wrote:
Quote:

then whats bad or good? he has never helped me once, and multiple times he has ruined my thread

c.f. every single other post on the forum where Kllrnohj has been helpful. His words may be abrasive at times, but he has definitely been helpful in some of my more "recent" threads related to computers and software dev.

DJ Omnimaga wrote:
EDIT: KeithJohansen not all forums have them. Razz Well... maybe they do, but they don't even troll hard enough to be trolling. Razz

All major forums do, anyway. Whether or not they are admonished or dealt with in some other way is the question.

Alternative answer: invisible trolls. They're trolling you. You'll just never know. Evil or Very Mad Razz
Quote:

All major forums do, anyway. Whether or not they are admonished or dealt with in some other way is the question.

Alternative answer: invisible trolls. They're trolling you. You'll just never know.

so a forum with 100K members and 350K post is not big enough for you?
Yeah, he runs google guys.
i didn't say i ran the peticular website, and its not google -_-
Rhombus P. wrote:
Quote:

Alternative answer: invisible trolls. They're trolling you. You'll just never know.

so a forum with 100K members is not big enough for you?

What website are you assisting running, anyway? It's not like you've got a link anywhere in your signature or profile.

Furthermore, if you're only assisting running it and you aren't devoting your life to it 24-7, who's to say there hasn't been trolling going on under your nose? Surely with such a large user base and the sheer number of posts, there are PLENTY of things that go on under your nose.
Quote:

What website are you assisting running, anyway? It's not like you've got a link anywhere in your signature or profile.

its a conlsole hacking site. dont think kerm would love a link >_<

Quote:

Furthermore, if you're only assisting running it and you aren't devoting your life to it 24-7,

i speak to the contrary. i spend more time on it then the owner.

Quote:

Surely with such a large user base and the sheer number of posts, there are PLENTY of things that go on under your nose.

that is not my site, although i am on it a lot to.
Dear Everyone,
Please stop making stupid remarks.
Love,
Me

Rhombus, I'm sure you're very proud of your console hacking website, and that it is a lovely place; however, it isn't Cemetech. Our members who you have referred to as "trolls" are in fact helpful and contributing members of the community. If you make stupid remarks, they call you on it, and/or mock you for it. If you make intelligent remarks, they either:

• respond in kind, OR
  • ignore you if they don't care about the subject and there is nothing obvious to be mocked.

It may seem harsh at first, but those of us who have been around a while are fond of their ability to needle everyone else into a more intelligent level of discussion. If you have further complaints or wish to discuss official Cemetech policy, you are welcome to PM me.
Elfprince phrased the official Cemetech party line very well. We try to ride a fine line between politeness and not babysitting people. Trolling is a fact of the internet, and in this case, Nikky's suggestion (though somewhat veiled) that you consider trying out alternative browsers is a very valid one.

Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours