DShiznit wrote:
I'm 19 and I still live with my parents. I feel like I've squandered my life and have no future. Anybody else feel that way at any point in their lives?
It's not something everyone is willing to admit, but I'm 21 and live with my parents. Financially, it'll turn out to be one of my best decisions. I'm able to save more because of my significant lack of rent; I still pay rent, but it's many times lower. When I do move out, I'll be able to live in my own apartment and not with a roommate. It's not as bad as it seems, unless you don't get along with your parents.
comicIDIOT wrote:
It's not as bad as it seems, unless you don't get along with your parents.
Absolutely true on both ends of that sentence, I'm afraid. Sad I think I'll have another post for this topic depending on how some work and meetings go Monday, but until then, who else's life sucks?
my life does not suck too much at the moment, but I have recently been having these weird bouts of a strange sadness/tiredness that I think relates to school or something... it has also been punctual too, happening later on in the day....
Lately I have like lost my purpose in life. I don't know what I am really supposed to do. I know I want to be a computer technician and programmer, but as to what my purpose is I have no idea.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Lately I have like lost my purpose in life. I don't know what I am really supposed to do. I know I want to be a computer technician and programmer, but as to what my purpose is I have no idea.
It seems you've lost sight of why you want to be a Computer Technician and Programmer. Explore other hobbies, maybe take some time to focus on other studies and work. It happens to me with my photos, when it does I'll tuck the camera and equipment away and request more hours at work and pick up shifts people can't work. I recommend loosing focus of your goal with a new goal; refocus on your previous goal after "x months," after you've saved $500 from working, or after you've increased your GPA in school by 1 point and held it for a grading periods.

You'll get through it. I usually keep notes of ideas that I want to photograph and stash them in an event on my calendar that'll pop-up on the date that I wish to refocus my attention back to my previous goal. I'm not sure how you can go about putting those notes away for when you reach and hold your GPA or save how ever much you wanted to.

For the purpose of sharing, as I've got a lull of my own, I'm currently saving money outside my 401k and savings to try investing and maintaining my own money. When I reach $1000 I'm going to invest in stocks and see how well they hold over the course of a year, and re-evaluate my decision to stay in the stock market. Maybe I'll take 50% as cash or take that 50% as a loss, or re-invest part of it back into the market. I forget your age, but I don't think you're old enough to consider investing in stock though.
I am only 17. 18 in February So i cant invest in stocks. I would take a break and try different things but programming is the only thing that gets me through the day. My mom won't let me get a job so that won't work either.
Perhaps instead of setting new goals for yourself on a macro-level like I've proposed, set some goals up for your goal; micro-goals. Try new programs, instead of making X type programs focus on Y. (File viewers instead of games) Make a program that gets the weather for you. Before you know it you'll be making sprites and graphics for it.
gamergirlie wrote:
Ah, I also just moved back with my folks!

judging that this is your first post, and that it is rather lacking in detail, I would say you are a bot, with a 5% chance error...
comicIDIOT wrote:
Perhaps instead of setting new goals for yourself on a macro-level like I've proposed, set some goals up for your goal; micro-goals. Try new programs, instead of making X type programs focus on Y. (File viewers instead of games) Make a program that gets the weather for you. Before you know it you'll be making sprites and graphics for it.
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new.

Very well put, Comic Smile I can't say how many times just working on a new project has helped my mind with a previous project, and I usually bounce right back to my old self by doing so. I have a notebook that every other page (that isn't for school) is full of ideas of programs I'd want to make, concepts that would have to be stated, etc. Even if I never touch those projects, just writing them out was able to help me think of other things.

Maybe if you are always working on games, you could try out some web design (particularly, server-side scripting). That has been my current side-project for a while. Or you could write a program that reminds you after a month to think about old topics Very Happy That way, not only do you have another project to work on, but it would also be beneficial.

And, yeah... just realized that this topic was kind of old, but I hadn't seen Comic's post, so bleh Razz
Thanks Catherine. I actually got sick of my math program so I started pacman. THe only reason I am back on it now is because I noticed one program I really need for calculus, and would go good in my final program. Then back to pacman. I have to completely rewrite my movement becuase it is all on the homscreen. Should not be too bad though.

If anyone knows any fun programs that they have written in the past or have thought about writing in Ti Perl (basic) let me know please.
One thing you could try is try to duplicate games you enjoy playing on your computer, phone, etc. in TI-BASIC, since you're more likely to have fun programming it then.
Ya. The main problem is I don't know much about making games. That does sound fun however, I need a lot more knowledge.
It really isn't too hard to make a game, you just have to be able to think clearly abd be able to solve problems programmatically like any other program. One of the best ways to learn more about a particular language, and programming in general, is to make your own programs and ask for help when you need it, but first try to solve your problems by yourself to the best of your ability.
I try too, but making games seems to be a whole other language. Especially with the libs.
Well, my school life has taken a very sucky turn lately. First off, the phyco kid from 7th grade, who was expelled for punching the dean in the face, has somehow returned. This kid HATES my guts and would love nothing more than to stone me to death, if given the chance. I am very scared and am trying my best to memorize his schdual and stick with friends

second of all, another kid who I think might be partially crazy has a grudge against me because of a fight we had once (he started it) which ended with me having the last laugh. he keeps on being.. creepy, as in touching my chin at random times if he sees me in the hall. I have no idea where that will lead..... but probably won't be pretty
I've been lurking on this site for a while (since I got my lovely Prizm).

Revive the complaints!

Chemistry >.<
It's actually fairly easy, moles and reactions and stuff, but there's just a very large amount of it. A double lab report and then worksheets.

And an essay about Karl Marx, that I think is too long but can't edit down without taking out why he's getting booted from countries which would make it weird.

And a chapter on 21st century Latin America needs to be read for World History.

Plus, it's boring-standardized-test-week, which is supposed to mean no homework. So much for that XD

I'm also grounded and have no music.

And I have to wake up at four tomorrow to go running and then volunteer at this market thing that's going on afterschool.

But I'm otherwise just grand XD
Just wait until you get into higher education like college and gradschool and survive for years on six hours of sleep a night and massive doses of caffeine. Wink Also, you should Introduce Yourself!
My life is perfect in every way.
Thank you Kerm for making me not want to go to college, I'll go tell my parents to save their money brb.. Wink
joshie75 wrote:
Thank you Kerm for making me not want to go to college, I'll go tell my parents to save their money brb.. Wink

Same here. I don't know how the f--k I'm going to handle college at all when I can't even do a full day of school without massive widespread back pain.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 13 of 29
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours