Huh, interesting concept doing spherical pixelation. I don't think I would have thought of that one myself.
KermMartian wrote:
Huh, interesting concept doing spherical pixelation. I don't think I would have thought of that one myself.

Thanks, I'm excited to see what Merthsoft thinks of it.
That's certainly an interesting take, and I quite like it, but Weregoose's is still more what I'm looking for.
Here's my entry into the Great Merthsofting of 2010.

I like the font you used, Kerm, but I think Weregoose's is still number one. I'd like to see that font on his earth.
merthsoft wrote:
I like the font you used, Kerm, but I think Weregoose's is still number one. I'd like to see that font on his earth.
Aww, even though I made you an Earth marble? Smile Aight, I'll try that combination.
Ok, so, here's the logo I am currently using. Thanks Weregoose!

I think the roundness looks a little off. Like, the top and right "side" are longer terminally, whereas the left and bottom are only a few pixels long. I'm not sure how to modify that to make it look better. Anyone want to give it a shot?
merthsoft wrote:
Ok, so, here's the logo I am currently using. Thanks Weregoose!

I think the roundness looks a little off. Like, the top and right "side" are longer terminally, whereas the left and bottom are only a few pixels long. I'm not sure how to modify that to make it look better. Anyone want to give it a shot?
If Weregoose has his original image I can try my method which can be more exact, plus has the added bonus of the result being a scalable graphic.
I could certainly fix that, but I must say that I really don't mind it too much as-is. I might like the text moved a little closer to the globe, but it's up to you, and it's not a big deal.
Maybe the outer rim of the globe should be less pixelated?
elfprince13 wrote:
Maybe the outer rim of the globe should be less pixelated?
Mmmm, I would be perfectly happy with a more feathered edge while keeping the inside of the globe as pixelated as it is.
That's what I was thinking.
That sounds ok. Who wants to do it?
Like so?
that looks awesome, very reminiscent of the dos games I used to play...

I would pixelate the text too though...
Could you maybe do something more dynamic with the text?

I also removed the pixellated edge of the globe, as I didn't think it matched the smooth outline of the text.
Ooh, I like that, Ben! I wonder how it would look with the Merthsoft on top of the globe rounded?
Fine fine fine, how's this?

Click it for the work file.

If not, go with benryves' earth.
merthsoft wrote:
Ooh, I like that, Ben! I wonder how it would look with the Merthsoft on top of the globe rounded?
I almost feel like that would be too cliché; I sorta like both words at the bottom the way BenRyves put it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours