KermMartian wrote:
It's a good start. I'd probably use a different font or color or something, and I'd bump the saturation and contrast on the earth way up to make it more cartoonish as Merth wanted.

I can do that, give me a few and I will have another one.
Rough design is ruff. (and large, I can scale it later)

Um, wow. Thanks for the effort.The planet may be a little overly-pixelated, and I think I'd like it a bit lighter. And that font has to go.
Razz Will do. I'll lower the pixelation of the planet, increase the brightness, and kill the font.
_player1537 wrote:
Razz Will do. I'll lower the pixelation of the planet, increase the brightness, and kill the font.
I'm fascinated with the ideas that you guys have come up with thus far; I'll definitely be providing my take on the logo before I go to bed. You guys are giving me some great ideas and mutations of my original ideas.
KermMartian wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
I'm fascinated with the ideas that you guys have come up with thus far; I'll definitely be providing my take on the logo before I go to bed. You guys are giving me some great ideas and mutations of my original ideas.

Awesome, thanks KermM Very Happy
Looks like we have a winner. Good work, Speler.
I guess my work is done too, this sure beat the crap out of me, not making something bigger then sprite editing for a while sure doesn't help.
So I've changed my mind maybe about the text. I cant decide between "Mother Earth Software" and "Merthsoft Creations". I've always used "Merthsoft Creations" in the past, so I might stick to that. So when designing, if you guys would mind doing both, so I can see? That would be great.
merthsoft wrote:
So I've changed my mind maybe about the text. I cant decide between "Mother Earth Software" and "Merthsoft Creations". I've always used "Merthsoft Creations" in the past, so I might stick to that. So when designing, if you guys would mind doing both, so I can see? That would be great.
What about just MerthSoft? Or is that too confusing since it's also your full handle?
I'd rather something more than just "Merthsoft". Also, no capital "s".
Merth requested I make a more pixelated globe so here it is.

the same image with out the black boarders created by that method are removed.

I followed this Inkscape tut to create it, I think it turned out rather well.
Very nicely done! I don't love it on the black background; I'd probably screen on a gaussian-blurred black circle on the edges in GIMP, to make that less abrupt, but it looks very nice on transparency.
I gave it a whirl in the GIMP.

Whoa, that looks great, Weregoose! An excellent job on that; may I ask how you made it?
Added clouds and fine-grained texture.

I started with a typical drawing of earth, shrank it down and posterized it, made it larger, did some drop shadow and gradient bevel on the landmasses, and then overlayed it with the original colors. There was a lot of additional layer fiddling meanwhile, but that's what I can remember.

I then mapped plasma to a sphere for the first version, and then did it again differently—resizing beforehand and tweaking contrast and sharpness afterward—for the second.
I'm very impressed with the effort that you put into that, Weregoose, and I'll certainly use it if I get around to make a prototype logo for Merth todo.

@Merth: I know that you are Merthsoft, but I was suggesting perhaps your "group" or "company" might be Merth Software, ie. MerthSoft. Smile I'll try the two titles that you suggested instead, though.
Weregoose, that's awesome! I think that's my favorite so far.
Needs more puppies.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours