So, as I start hoping to roll out some programs, I'd liek to have a logo. Now, "Merthsoft" is a portmanteau of "Mother Earth Software", so I'd like those words on it, and ideally an earth. I'd prefer it to look pixel-arty. I'm not very good at this art stuff, but I'll be trying to. So! If you'd like, join me in designing my logo!
merthsoft wrote:
So, as I start hoping to roll out some programs, I'd liek to have a logo. Now, "Merthsoft" is a portmanteau of "Mother Earth Software", so I'd like those words on it, and ideally an earth. I'd prefer it to look pixel-arty. I'm not very good at this art stuff, but I'll be trying to. So! If you'd like, join me in designing my logo!

Need details, Size, a sort of "Color Scheme", preferred font.
Anything I miss anyone else?
Size? I'll look up Mother Earth for some colors (seeing as I've never played that game)

Also, cool, I didn't know where your username came from Smile
For color scheme, it should be pretty simple, blue and green for the earth, black background maybe. Stuff like that. Simple. You don't have to conform to that, but that's the basic idea. As for size, something like 150 width, around that height. Square is good, I guess. You can play with sizes and I'll get back to you.

_player: It's not from the game, it's from, well, the earth.
merthsoft wrote:
For color scheme, it should be pretty simple, blue and green for the earth, black background maybe. Stuff like that. Simple. You don't have to conform to that, but that's the basic idea. As for size, something like 150 width, around that height. Square is good, I guess. You can play with sizes and I'll get back to you.

_player: It's not from the game, it's from, well, the earth.

I will get something working on right now, also, do you want a realistic earth, or a more abstract type one?
Oh, when you said "Mother Earth" I just assumed that game everyone wants to make it seems. I'll play around in GiMP and see if I can get it (I have an image of a planet I might pull out).
Well, it should certainly look like a planet, so not too abstract-y. I'd like it to be pixel-art-like. I guess 8-bit style?
merthsoft wrote:
Well, it should certainly look like a planet, so not too abstract-y. I'd like it to be pixel-art-like. I guess 8-bit style?

Ahhh, sounds like fun, forget Photoshop, getting out Graphics Gale. Very Happy
I'm getting out GiMP now and grabbing my planet picture to pixelize it some Smile (and add something other than just blue)
I'd be happy to help out! Lemme think up some concepts. I'd love to see any mspaintings or GIMPings or scans of napkin-doodles that you might happen to have or be able to make.
Barf.
KermMartian wrote:
I'd love to see any mspaintings or GIMPings or scans of napkin-doodles that you might happen to have or be able to make.
Save your barf for this, Nikky!

Something like that, but less crappy. Maybe a little bigger.
Hahaha, very nice. Very Happy Would a Blue Marble be acceptable for that middle thing, or do you want something raytraced-looking?
I'd rather something less-realistic looking, like what I have.
merthsoft wrote:
I'd rather something less-realistic looking, like what I have.
Sounds good. I'll probably hold off on some prototypes until I see what tanner comes up with, so I can work off of his inspirations.
No pressure or anything...
I am going to post something as soon as I fix a few off pixels.
_player1537 wrote:
No pressure or anything...
Haha, none whatsoever. Smile And sonlen, I also look forward to seeing what you can come up with.
Here is number 1 of 2.

and here is number 2 of 2.

(A couple off pixels, just noticed, easy fix with MSPaint though)

Enjoy Very Happy
It's a good start. I'd probably use a different font or color or something, and I'd bump the saturation and contrast on the earth way up to make it more cartoonish as Merth wanted.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours