Just when you thought is was tough enough... How about some runaway bombs:

Looking good, sir! Keep up the great work. Smile
How about some falling bombs with explosions and disappearing girders. Cool

Cool
Ooooh, nice animations! This is looking stupendous, Ranman. Smile
I appreciate your encouraging comments Kerm! Smile
ranman, that is the coolest
Thanks once again shmibs. Smile

Currently, I'm working on the UFO level... The first level where Jumpman gets to shoot bullets -- haha something other than jump.

It's a level where you get to shoot down UFOs for 50pts a piece. Only 1 bomb to collect on this level.

There's another level called "Gunslinger" where Jumpman gets to shoot a few cowboy enemies.
Ranman, I don't suppose you know of any Flash ports of this game so I could give it a try on my computer to see what the gameplay is like?
KermMartian wrote:
Ranman, I don't suppose you know of any Flash ports of this game so I could give it a try on my computer to see what the gameplay is like?

Sorry Kerm... I do not know of any Flash ports of Jumpman. However, Jumpman: Under Construction is a pretty good Windows port of Jumpman and it comes with a level editor too. I'm actually using it to assist me in my remake.
Ranman wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Sorry Kerm... I do not know of any Flash ports of Jumpman. However, Jumpman: Under Construction is a pretty good Windows port of Jumpman and it comes with a level editor too. I'm actually using it to assist me in my remake.
Nifty, I'll check it out! Here's the link if anyone else is interested in giving it a try:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~cleathley/jumpman/index.html
Time for a little UFO hunting. Cool

Continuing to look awesome gameplay-wise and graphics-wise, Ranman, as per my expectations. Wink
Well... Unfortunately progress on Jumpman has slowed tremendously .

My stepdad of 25 years had a heart attack this past Saturday. He appointed me Medical Power of Attorney; which means it would be up to me to make any medical decisions on his behalf. On Tuesday I had to make the decision to take him off life support -- which I did. I will miss him dearly but I know he is in a better place.

If that is not enough, this past Monday my grandma had stroke. She is still in the hospital recovering from it. She is stable but not able to eat food.

Now I have many legal battles ahead to probate my stepdad's estate. If you recall, my mom passed away 4 months ago. Neither one of them had a will -- which only compounds the difficulty of just about everything. My mom was 60 and my stepdad was 62... much much too young.

I just want a reset button for this year. Sad
Ranman, that's horrible, I'm so sorry to hear it. I'm very sorry for your losses, and I'm sure with your support and love your grandmother will recover quickly. I wish you all the best of luck in your legal battles; that certainly sounds like it will be a terrible ordeal. Sad It's a shame to have Jumpman slowed, of course, but I must repeat once again, for my own sake as much as everyone else's, that real life should always come first.
Some titlescreen action...

Nice!

Edit: LateReply: So sorry to hear about your family issues Sad
Hahaha, I like the whole thing with the 'n'. Smile Very nice.
Thanks for the comments guys! I tried to replicate the original Commodore 64 version of the titlescreen. You wont have to wait for the animated titlescreen to complete; you will be able start a game at any time.

Question for anyone following the development of Jumpman...

The original Jumpman allowed up to 4 players to play... not simultaneously though. Rather they take turns playing. When player 1 dies, player 2 gets his chance to player and so on. When the last player dies, player 1 will start with his next man.

Would this be a desired feature to implement? How many people would actually swap their calculator with a friend to play a round of Jumpman?
I feee like people might hand off their calculator to a friend to play, but probably not three other friends. I also feel like not too many people would miss the feature if you left it out, since I think the vast majority of calculator gaming is solo.
Some Jumpman action and updates...

Updates include:

- Rewrite of main game loop
- Titlescreen now loops infinitely until a timeout occurs or user input
- Added an intermediate title screen for each level
- Can now actually complete a level (by collecting all bombs)
- Can transition from a completed level to the next level
- 5 levels currently implemented
- Speed can be adjusted before a level actually begins (5 speeds)
- Contrast can be adjusted at any time
- Implemented bonus points based upon how fast a level is completed
- Jumpman can now shoot diagonally
- Implemented reset button to go back to main titlescreen
- Jumpman can now shoot up to 3 bullets at a time

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours