Ok. My calculator has been starting to glitch.

Here is what happens:

I start writing a program
I run it
I [ON] break it
I open the program by selecting Go To
Code from one area is pasted over by code from another part of the program

For example:

Original Code:

Code:
Text(0,0,"Key Functions
Text(9,0,"Key: Function
Text(15,0,"2ND: End Turn (code from middle or prgm)

Code After Glitch:

Code:
Text(0,0,"Key FunctiolSE(1
prgmSTARTEND
Horizontal -2
Text(0,0,"Pazaak
Text(9,0,"This program simulates... (this is code from beginning of prgm)
O_o Is you calc on crack? Or even worse, MATHPRINT?

If it is mathprint, there is your problem (most likely Wink )
In DCS?
No. Not in DCS. And yes, I did previously have MP on my calc. But I downdated (real word?) to the latest version before MP
TI_Coder wrote:
No. Not in DCS. And yes, I did previously have MP on my calc. But I downdated (real word?) to the latest version before MP

Downgrade is the word your looking on, and what does MP have to do with it? Some glitch or something?
Ya. MP has a weird glitch (which TI doesn't care to fix) that can sometimes mess with code. But I already got rid of MP
TI_Coder wrote:

hmm, pretty strange then. Perhaps there is something wrong with DCS and some other program conflicting?
It might be something more or less the downgrade didn't overwrite, though I have no idea.
But it's in BASIC, and I'm not using DCS libs. Could DCS being on my calc have something to do with it?
TI_Coder wrote:
But it's in BASIC, and I'm not using DCS libs. Could DCS being on my calc have something to do with it?
Almost definitely not. I've heard of this glitch a few other times, and I usually associate it with a slowly degrading Flash chip. If you can back up and Reset All, that's definitely worth a try.
Alright. I'll do it right now
TI_Coder wrote:

Not unless you somehow managed to pull a function that is incomplete, like using sum() identity() real() or det(), which would most likely cause a ram clear instead of your issue though.
I never use any of those commands
Wait, if it has to do with the flash chip, then I am curious how old that calc is.
TI_Coder wrote:
I never use any of those commands

Then nothing to do with DCS for a fact.
My mom gave it to me 2.5 years ago. She also used it (barely) for some college
TI_Coder wrote:
Alright. I'll do it right now
Did you give it a try yet? Did it do the trick for you?
This happened a few times, as Kerm mentioned. I have a question that's gone unanswered. Is this with a TI-OS Modified by brandonw?
comicIDIOT wrote:
This happened a few times, as Kerm mentioned. I have a question that's gone unanswered. Is this with a TI-OS Modified by brandonw?

This happened to me during the DCS Contest 7, and I believe I had a topic about it that describes the exact same problem.
Yes, I'm using the modded OS by BrandonW, no mathprint. My bug was slightly off, as it started and ended the overwritten area with "ing" being displayed, but I am sure this had to have been a coincidence.

I haven't had the same problem again, and I believe I did a full reset on my calculator right after the contest, so this could be the fix.
ComicIDIOT, you did indeed, and I believe PseudoPRogrammer had the same issue and never answered your question. Are you suggesting that the culprit is BrandonW's modification, then?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours