I love this topic! It is so funny! Anyways I have an idea. In addition to cleaning up ticalc.org (not abandon it), we should persuade them to delete all other BASIC guides and leave only the 1337 guide. The reason why there are so many quadratics/guessthe number/other noobish crap is because to many guides ask users to implement new comnnads in such a way. That's how I was lost, and read 10 BASIC guides before I finally released a program. It also helps that I didn't know how to upload files until I was preety competent with BASIC Very Happy My first program was a Polyatomic Ions program which I affectionally titled "The Best Polyatomic Ions Program Ever!" (It may sound noobish, but it attracts people to it.) I think it is good though, and if anyone in this program decided to make any program, I'm preety sure adding "The Best" to the title would be true. Hey I have an idea, why not include 1337 in title? That way it doesn't sound so noobish... also who wants to say "noobush" instead of noobish?
something1990 wrote:
That's how I was lost, and read 10 BASIC guides before I finally released a program.
The problem isn't the amount of BASIC guides at all. In fact, you will often hear people asking for more. From the quote above, it looks like it was benificial to have multiple guides. Although, having one all encompassing guide would be nice, it's not likely to happen. So each guide helps the programmer in different ways.
something1990 wrote:
why not include 1337 in title? That way it doesn't sound so noobish
Experienced programmers have no need to add these words to there titles. A good program should stand on its own.
I agree with elfprince on the send point. If I see "()MGEEE T3H UB3R H4>< 1337 GA|\/|EZ" in the title, I'm probably less likely to dl it. Smile
Chipmaster wrote:
something1990 wrote:
That's how I was lost, and read 10 BASIC guides before I finally released a program.
The problem isn't the amount of BASIC guides at all. In fact, you will often hear people asking for more. From the quote above, it looks like it was benificial to have multiple guides. Although, having one all encompassing guide would be nice, it's not likely to happen. So each guide helps the programmer in different ways.

Well that's sort of what I was trying to say. If a whole bunch of us work at it, I'm sure we can create an all encompassing guide. We could assing conditional statements to one person, loops to another, etc. Oh and this is in the Rants section, so I can get a rant in yay. All those noobs who submitted quadractic solvers should be subjected to water torture. Evil or Very Mad
Chipmaster wrote:
something1990 wrote:
something1990 wrote:
why not include 1337 in title? That way it doesn't sound so noobish
Experienced programmers have no need to add these words to there titles. A good program should stand on its own.

Not to be pushy or anything: Rolling Eyes

http://tifreakware.calcgames.org/tutorials.htm

http://tifreakware.calcgames.org/asmresc.htm

I have been trying you know. Smile It is just that Pokemon currently has my attention atm...
That is why we should make a tutorial a group project. See my previous post.
That is kinda in the works as well. Elfprince is writing up one on pure basic scrolling engines.

CDI of Omnimaga is writing up a series of "Advanced Thinking".

Kerm will make something on 3d rendering when he has time.

And then what ever I can get wrote up. Kerm also has a Basic Tutor, which I had permission to port to html, and it covers a lot of different commands and functions, And my series starts with a mentality that you are a fresh n00b, and haven't a clue. My series is more focused on game making. Smile

And trying to delegate stuff like that doesn't normally work, since people usually will only write when they want to, not when they have to... At least that is how it works at school. Smile
Looks good. Smile I am glad you are still using the images. Smile

Missing/messed up pics:

Circles, Hoirzontals, and verticals
http://www.cemetech.net/projects/btutor/imkm/circle1.gif

Under Editing programs, stupid me forgot to add the imkm/... Rolling Eyes

"Creating programs":

change nexcalc to newcalc.gif...

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

I am so sorry for missing all these...

Displaying Text at a specific location:

change scrdim.gif to scrndim.gif

Under review 2... Crying *Curses self...*
Second set of images: change revd2b.gif to rev2db.gif... (I just checked, I forgot to include it in the blasted folder, hopefully it is still on my laptop...

And I don't think the image for circle1.gif is in the folder, try downloading and putting it in the imkm folder: http://tifreakware.calcgames.org/imkm/circle1.gif

I only screwed up 8 pics, out of 50... hehehe...
Fixed everything except rev2db.gif. BTW, congrats on Guru status!
yeah, and you are way to close to 11000 posts, time to slow down
ROFL. Thanks.

I will try to get that last image tonight, see if it was ever created... Rolling Eyes

Glad that I was able to help with something... (ie, the conversion from pdf to html... Though, what did you do to make it php?? Confused
Just added my template. That's what makes it php. Smile
AAAAHHHH. That makes sense. Very Happy

Well, I will let you know in about 30 min if I have that pic or not, now that I get to go home...

Ok, I can't find it, I will have to check out the source, and remake the pic, will post a link once that is complete...

Edit:

Okay, this pic will help make your site to be about half as 1337 as mine... Razz Just Joking Laughing (You gotta think that is at least a little funny. Very Happy)

http://www.tifreakware.calcgames.org/imkm/rev2db.gif

See if that fixes the last of it. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours