C'mon...I know you all have programmers at ticalc.org who you think are teh st00pid n00bs. I'll start us off.

"Sanke 2" (http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/377/37758.html):
At least bother to check the spelling of your title before clicking the submit button! And note to the author: If there are more than 7 exclamation marks in the first two sentences, major n00b flags pop into people's heads. Modesty is a virtue, don't make your third sentence "If you played Snake 2 before you know its a good program." Also don't release "cheats" for your own programs, it's just stupid and a waste of time.

"X-Virus Beta 3.01" (http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/377/37746.html):
WTF!!!! THERE ARE NO CALCULATOR VIRUSES! j00 r teh N00B!

"Sierpinski Triangle Maker Version 1.2" (http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/377/37783.html)
If it's in the TI manual, please don't put your own name on it and release it. n00b!

"Xbox" (http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/377/37774.html)
Gaaaah! Who cares what your odds are? And at least name it something less misleading! :S

Ok, that's enough for now. I note that I got these all from the "recent files" list at ticalc.org.
lol, those n00bs... Laughing

Hey, they posted my program yesterday... I must have missed it...
got any ranting of your own to do on the subject?
Small Slope. (http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/378/37830.html) Okay, it's marginaly useful, but I think anyone with a calc will know slope. Why put one up anyway? There will only be about ten people who download it.
Laughing Xbox is written by a guy named "Sweet Awsome." Verdict: n00b for life.
So is "Sanke 2". Verdict: horrible speller for life.
And n00b. Very Happy
Onething that rattles my chain is the fact there are games in there in .8xp format, not .zip. That is really annoying...
I never noticed that. That would really tick me off, too. How did they get in there, anyway? The upload process doesn't let you upload anything but .zip's.
The only reason I noticed was because I downloaded the entire 83 basic section...

And it may not have worked properly, or it was dependant on the archivers doing their jobs...
Yet another case of lazy archivers. Mad
Yeah, that bugs me too.
You'd think that if they were sane they wouldn't let "Sweet Awsome" upload essentially the same file almost every other day. Mad
he is one of those people who will upload 100 programs, have ten downloads each and say, "i have 1000 downlaods on ticalc.org"
okay here are a few:

1. randnum.8xg
Title Random Number Generator

God, do we really need something that displays numbers all over the screen. I think the OS handles random numbers pretty well.

2. allfile82103.zip
Title: All Files

why do we want our calculator to be like yours. If anything I'd hate to have my calculator ridden with all that n00b crap. Plus who's conceded enough to think that their calc setup deserves an upload to ticalc.

3. Here's a funny one

Abcd
Have you ever had a really hard test, like the SAT and some of the answers you could hardly guess? Well, this is a four choice "guesser" it simply uses list T to decide whether you should put A, B, C, or D. If you can’t make this file on your own you are not too bright, but thanks for downloading it!

Wow it even says that you should be able to make it on your own. It seems the author was able to actually use the randInt(1,4 command
Surprised
wait.zip
Title Wait...
Description This is a program that can be used to cause other programs to wait on a certain operation, making them look like a much more complicated program. (I did this myself on the Sierpinski Triangle program.) This program, unlike my others, can be modified in any way to suit your needs. You can also upload it to ticalc.org with one of your programs, as long as you give me credit;). Like my other files, this file is compressed using the Bzip2 format and requires at least WinZip 9.0 SR-1 or its equivalent to use.

Wow what a good idea. Make a program less eficient and slow....your going to be a great programmer.

I am in complete agreement with you guys. There is so much crap that gets posted up there. Especially that Sanke guy. We should send him some hatemail telling him to stop posting updates to his crap just to get on the front page Evil or Very Mad Mad Cool Smile Very Happy
I agree. What a moron Very Happy
OMG THIS PROGRAM IS A JOKE:
cleeanup.zip
Title Cleanup
Description This is a very useful program that deletes all unarchived variables ( good after playing a BASIC game)! Actually, no. this program will screw with ur memory. Try it, the ON key wont work when the calc is busy archiving all the variables it creates =D
Author peter cheng (petercheng998@hotmail.com)
Category TI-83/84 Plus BASIC Misc. Programs
File Size 1,239 bytes

Ok, yes I think I will download this....um Oh you got me...good one now my calculator is filled with crap thankyou peter cheng for your contribution to the TI community Razz

Perhaps we should make a guide for n00bs about uploading files to ticalc.

1. Make your program actually do something
2. How about spell checking your discription
3. Make your discriptions accurate about the programs contents rather than how much you enjoy it
4. Refrain from excessive exclamation marks
5. Give your program an appropriate name, not just aPRGMNAME.zip or 1PRGMNAME.zip
6. Include some form of documentation
7. Check that someone hasn't already made your program
8. Screen shots are nice and easy to do
9. Don't ask questions in your discription
10. Don't update your file every day so that it makes the front page and increases your statistics
11. Don't make new versions of the same file different files on ticalc, just simply update the old file
12. Try out your programs and make sure that all of the required lists, pics, and matricies are included or created within the program
13. Thoroughly test and debug your programs before uploading them

Edit: One more thing. Anybody seen Dude in car at detachedsolutions. OMFG biggest n00b I have ever seen. Just browse the recent topics. For one thing he has revived about 5 dead threads of more than a year old each. Also just read this page http://www.detachedsolutions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2563
Well, what is it you think I am doing?? I am siftin the crap of ticalc.org and postin the games...
and I congagulate you for that, keep up the good work
Quote:
2. How about spell checking your discription

Spell-checking your posts might not be a bad idea either... Razz
Quote:
I am in complete agreement with you guys. There is so much crap that gets posted up there. Especially that Sanke guy. We should send him some hatemail telling him to stop posting updates to his crap just to get on the front page

All in favor say "Blub will rule the world."
Blub will rule the world.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours