KermMartian wrote:
Indeed, that makes more sense. Does IBM have any location in the nearby area?

One of Vermont's largest employers, actually Wink My friend Dan was living at home all summer and working there. But it looks like that's not necessarily something comic would be interested in.
@Swivelgames: Interesting, I hear what you're saying. I would think that if you did decided to pursue that route more specifically, it would be a good idea to look at possible housing options, and possible job options, but only commit to moving if/when you had decided it was definitely what you wanted to do and you had already secured a job. It would be a shame if you got a place and moved only to discover you couldn't find a job.

@ComicIDIOT: I doubt you're the most math-inept on Cemetech; don't put yourself down like that. Sad Starting your MFA in some way sounds like a solid plan; I unfortunately don't have enough experience or knowledge in arts and photography to know what you need to climb the ladder (ie, in Engineering you need education to get internships to get research to get higher education to get jobs).
I've decided to no longer use calculators.
allynfolksjr wrote:
I've decided to no longer use calculators.
That's excellent to hear! Are you going to adopt the abacus instead?

@ComicIDIOT, @Swivelgames, any thoughts on my responses?
Sliderule, of course.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Sliderule, of course.
Ah yes, like the new sliderule that you just acquired a day or two ago. While you're off playing with your sliderule, though, I'll continue to wonder what Swivel and Comic are thinking about regarding the on-topic portion of this discussion.
KermMartian wrote:
@ComicIDIOT, @Swivelgames, any thoughts on my responses?
I have read it, don't quite know how to respond yet xP I can't find anything to directly respond at.
My apologies Razz
KermMartian wrote:
@Swivelgames: Interesting, I hear what you're saying. I would think that if you did decided to pursue that route more specifically, it would be a good idea to look at possible housing options, and possible job options, but only commit to moving if/when you had decided it was definitely what you wanted to do and you had already secured a job. It would be a shame if you got a place and moved only to discover you couldn't find a job.
Yes, I will most definitely have a job already set up before I move there. And because I'm only going to be living there for a few years, I'll be sticking to an apartment most likely. After I'm finished up there, I'll probably be moving again. I don't have any long-term plans just yet, but when I do I'll consider housing options Smile
@Swivelgames: no apology needed, I was just doing my hardest to prevent Nikky from sidetracking the topic. Smile That sounds like you have a healthy mindset and realistic plan about the possible move.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours