Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
I'm making this thread because it's hard for users to tell when there has been an update without checking manually. Whenever I make a commit to the SVN I will post here with a short description of what I did so you know.

Revision 405 is a small fix to make use of the new forum restructure. The "Cemetech Forums" button now links to the "Building With Blocks" forum.

Revision 406 removes the serversay() function because it's not operating properly. Dedicated server admins should use ServerAnnounce(); instead. The usage of SeverAnnounce is:


Code:
Serverannounce("YOUR MESSAGE HERE","TIME TO DISPLAY MESSAGE (defaults to 15 seconds)","# OF LINES (if you want more than the correct amount)");
Good stuff! Have you experienced any issues with text in the UI not displaying properly?
No, none whatsoever. Are you?
I've seen it on occasion, but I don't have any real idea as to why.
elfprince13 wrote:
Good stuff! Have you experienced any issues with text in the UI not displaying properly?
Is this a recent or long-standing issue? I don't think I've seen it in either case.
It's a long standing issue, but it only seems to crop up at random.
What kind of not properly?
i.e. not at all!
elfprince13 wrote:
It's a long standing issue, but it only seems to crop up at random.
Therefore it's probably not tied to one's graphics card, then? If anyone does manage to reproduce it, what would be helpful? Kill the Freebuild process in the task manager and post the console.log?
right, and I haven't seen any indication in my own console.log to indicate what's causing it. I'm wondering if there may be some sort of inconsistent OpenGL states being applied.
elfprince13 wrote:
right, and I haven't seen any indication in my own console.log to indicate what's causing it. I'm wondering if there may be some sort of inconsistent OpenGL states being applied.
Ah, that sounds like it would be painful to track down to me. Sad Good lucl.
Very interesting, Elf. I have had no such issue. Can you reproduce it? It seems completely random?

Also...

Revision 407: Some changes to make optionsDlg.cs easier to use and understand as well as a little bug fix in playergui.gui where a preset would load even if you just opened and closed the preset drop down (fixed by adding a load button).
CyberPrime wrote:
Very interesting, Elf. I have had no such issue. Can you reproduce it? It seems completely random?

Also...

Revision 407: Some changes to make optionsDlg.cs easier to use and understand as well as a little bug fix in playergui.gui where a preset would load even if you just opened and closed the preset drop down (fixed by adding a load button).
Excellent, keep up the good work. I continue to fail to replicate the text bug.
CyberPrime wrote:
Very interesting, Elf. I have had no such issue. Can you reproduce it? It seems completely random?

It seems completely random. I can reproduce it 3 or 4 times in a row (with no obvious trigger) just by starting up the program and launching a mission. Then it goes away.

Quote:
Also...

Revision 407: Some changes to make optionsDlg.cs easier to use and understand as well as a little bug fix in playergui.gui where a preset would load even if you just opened and closed the preset drop down (fixed by adding a load button).

Good stuff Smile
I'm seeing nothing like that at all.
CyberPrime wrote:
I'm seeing nothing like that at all.
Nor me, although in my session just now while I tried to replicate it, I was running into some horrible lag when in a vehicle. I don't know if the fact I was running window'd, the fact that SAX was running in Firefox, or the fact that it's alpha software was to blame. :/ I have a beast of a desktop, so that's probably not the source.
elfprince13 wrote:
Good stuff! Have you experienced any issues with text in the UI not displaying properly?


Are you referring to when the text gets garbled after a certain point?
If so, I've encountered that before with the TBG0002 alpha...
KermMartian wrote:
CyberPrime wrote:
I'm seeing nothing like that at all.
Nor me, although in my session just now while I tried to replicate it, I was running into some horrible lag when in a vehicle.


Those are instances when the old engine would have crashed all together, and the somewhat shady temp-fixes I made to collision resolution keep it barely running.


DShiznit: I don't think I've seen that actually <_<
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
CyberPrime wrote:
I'm seeing nothing like that at all.
Nor me, although in my session just now while I tried to replicate it, I was running into some horrible lag when in a vehicle.


Those are instances when the old engine would have crashed all together, and the somewhat shady temp-fixes I made to collision resolution keep it barely running.
Ah, that was another possibility I thought of and failed to vocalize (typealize?). I can't wait for Bullet Physics; I think that will be a lot of fun to work with.
It's possible that both my experience with Bullet and my OpenGL skills will be honed outside of Freebuild in the coming year. My physics professor has expressed interest in me writing a simulation program to test results for a problem he solved a while back in terms of a rigid body scenario, and it's possible that next fall I will be doing an Honors-level independent study in computer graphics. This bodes well for the Bullet integration with Torque.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement