TI_Coder wrote:
I live near Sacramento, CA, if anyone else is nearby
You're not too far from ComicIDIOT, but looking at the Cemetech geographic user map (which has your location exactly right, btw!) the closest active users to you are darl181 and Goplat.
The feeling you have when you are a member of one of the biggest international TI forums and the founder lives nearly next door... priceless.

qazz42 wrote:
O_o lucky

tho, I hope juju's mom wasnt one of those moms who thinks everyone on the internet is a pedobear Wink that would have sucked a bit

Well, I think she thought that, like everyone, but at the end, she found that DJ was a pretty nice guy.
[edited out for the sake of privacy - admin]
Sonlen wrote:
Use some common sense, don't post a map of where you live on the internet. That's a great way to either appear creepy or make other people appear creepy. Razz The imprecision of ISP-based location guessing is perfectly acceptable to me.
juju2143 wrote:
The feeling you have when you are a member of one of the biggest international TI forums and the founder lives nearly next door... priceless.

qazz42 wrote:
O_o lucky

tho, I hope juju's mom wasnt one of those moms who thinks everyone on the internet is a pedobear Wink that would have sucked a bit

Well, I think she thought that, like everyone, but at the end, she found that DJ was a pretty nice guy.
Yeah I remember talk about that and wondered how we could manage to meet XD. Fortunately, though, had I not been able to meet you that way the college you go to is right behind where my mom lives so I could have easily went there instead Very Happy
That's very handy. Smile I'm very surprised that there aren't more calculator programmers in NYC that are active in the community, considering what a big city it is. :/ I think Speler is the closest to me.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
Use some common sense, don't post a map of where you live on the internet. That's a great way to either appear creepy or make other people appear creepy. Razz The imprecision of ISP-based location guessing is perfectly acceptable to me.

Lol, it was quite a few blocks off, which is why I zoomed in so far, so that you couldn't see where I live. :p
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:

0x5, it was quite a few blocks off, which is why I zoomed in so far, so that you couldn't see where I live. :p
Don't underestimate the resourcefulness of creepy people on the internet. You had two or three street names, at least enough to be able to narrow down your location to one or two nationwide candidates. Razz Be intelligent about your online privacy.
or you can have weird people come to your house Razz
The bottom line is, be aware of your privacy on the internet. We tend to be a fairly close-knit and friendly community, other than occasional drama, but I'm led to believe that some of the shadier and more adversarial areas of the internet are far more pernicious.
CDI wrote:
I lived within 30 miles of Ryhan for years with never meeting him, so there's that.
The unfortunate truth. Hey, I'll be back in c-bus for winter break -- we could meet at Microcenter, haha. I'll give you a call at some point.

@Kerm Weird, I almost made a trip to NYU a few weeks ago for some competition, but then decided against it due to midterms and other fun stuff...

@no-one-on-particular Anyways, I'm at Carnegie Mellon in Pittsburgh now...
Rthprog, wait, the hackathon that was hosted by one of the computer societies and featuring guest moot of 4-chan fame? I actually considered participating in that. Very Happy
Haha, yep! So what's your reason for not participating?
rthprog wrote:
Haha, yep! So what's your reason for not participating?
It turns out that I have negative infinity free time, unfortunately. Just today I finished off the last of a nineteen-problem problem set that took an average of 72 minutes per problem for almost a full 24 hours of work, for an assignment given 5 days before it was due.
I just barely missed the chance to meet mexi1010 at the DFW airport (he was at the airport, but... er... his older sister wouldn't let him go passed security... to meet up with me? >.> ). I also almost met Pseudoprogrammer when he was passing through Dallas. But, unfortunately, my car was out of commission that day!

JoeYoung, where in Dallas do you live? I live in Carrollton and go to school in east Plano (Collin College Spring Creek campus / CCCCD) Razz

TI_Coder, I was born down there. I need to go back and visit Cali and meet some TI Community members (notably comicIDIOT). I also have quite a few friends up in New York that I'd like to meet up with as well. Smile
Then the next time you're going to visit New York, I'll have to at least convince Merth to come crash on my floor again so the three of us can meet up. Smile
Indeed! Not sure when I'll be heading to NYC again (mainly because the family that lived near there recently moved), but I've always kept meeting you and a couple others on my list of things to do when I get there Very Happy
swivelgames wrote:
Indeed! Not sure when I'll be heading to NYC again (mainly because the family that lived near there recently moved), but I've always kept meeting you and a couple others on my list of things to do when I get there Very Happy
Sounds like a plan, I'll look forward to it. Back in the day I wanted to have a meetup of all the admins including JPez; too bad he's not really an active member anymore.
Nerds.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Nerds.
Yes, that's a fair cop, especially when you were one of the members of the first and largest TI calculator meetup. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours