Any comments? I plan to put this on the back of a T-Shirt. It was made for my marching band's saxophone section as the group shirt. We are doing a Beatles show this year. I think that's it Smile Everytime I update the picture, it will show up at the link below. Oh, and made with Paint.NET Smile

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11832443/Screenies/SaxophoneShirt2.png
It's nice for a purely-raster program, but I really need to teach you about the GIMP, and paths, and stroking paths with a paintbrush tool. It could make this look infinitely smoother.
i rather like the yellow/blue transition as well as the text font

when i first saw the title i had some terrible images come to mind, btw (shudder)
Not to be rude, but I didn't use anything here that I could need to use paths for. The sax image was copied from google. Same goes for the Nike symbol. The Beatles symbol was also gotten from google. And the font was gotten from DaFont.com.

Edit:
shmibs wrote:
i rather like the yellow/blue transition as well as the text font

when i first saw the title i had some terrible images come to mind, btw (shudder)

Kinda confused about how "Saxophone Shirt" can bring bad images to mind, unless... this one time at band camp... Just Joking Care to share though what made you shudder?
_player1537 wrote:
Kinda confused about how "Saxophone Shirt" can bring bad images to mind, unless... this one time at band camp... Just Joking Care to share though what made you shudder?

definitely not XD

back on topic: there are a few things that could be cleaned up(the swoosh is rather pixel-y), but altogether i like the design and layout.
_player1537 wrote:
Not to be rude, but I didn't use anything here that I could need to use paths for. The sax image was copied from google. Same goes for the Nike symbol. The Beatles symbol was also gotten from google. And the font was gotten from DaFont.com.
Ah, the saxophone got infinitely better. Still, if for some reason you wanted a version with 4x the pixels in each dimension, you would want to stroke paths for the saxophone, Nike logo, and Beatles logo to avoid pixelation. Smile
So... I would have to redo everything I used in the picture pretty much? Also, in GiMP, I could never get paths to like me. It always deselected them, and wouldn't allow me to re-edit them Sad
_player1537 wrote:
So... I would have to redo everything I used in the picture pretty much? Also, in GiMP, I could never get paths to like me. It always deselected them, and wouldn't allow me to re-edit them Sad
That's why there's a tab in the Layers, Channels, and Paths palette for re-selecting or even making semi-permanently visible your paths. Smile
Very nice, I see why you were asking about the Beatles. Is that a Nike swoosh I spy in the background? If so, I spotted it! Good design overall, does everyone who has their name on the shirt play sax?
Yeah Smile Unfortunately, I forgot everyone's names (except a few), the ones I had on there, I blocked off with the white rectangles Razz That is a Nike symbol in the background Razz Btw, Hobson is my last name, and everyone's last names will be put at the top like mine was Smile

Oh yeah Sad The guy who made the original one didn't want to give his design up (or even _look_ at mine) :/ By original one, I don't mean the same design, but he was making a T-Shirt design as well.
One thing I was concerned about was the legality of using the Beatles trademark and the Nike swoosh trademark without permission, but you didn't seem too concerned about that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours