http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,69149,00.html?tw=rss.TEK
Now I would argue we should need these at all (shouldn't be in Iraq), but that's for the Politics section. Cool

Very cool, Jpez.
Perhaps we should move this to Politics...
Excellent idea. Done.
Now that it's here... I don't know if we should have gone or not, but we should NOT pull out of Iraq, it'll only make things worse. There is only 1 capable full-Iraqi battalion in operation, we need to help them get an army first and foremost before anything else (I think we should use Hussein's money though, not ours). The whole country will fall into chaos if we leave before we should
I agree that we can't pull out now that we have removed the old regime because the government we set up (if you can even call it that) couldn't stand up against kuwait Just Joking let alone all of the various factions that would seize control and create another fundementalist government. I don't really see any solution for Iraq. If we stay there we will be pouring more and more money into that country only to see it all blown up (literally). If we leave, the country will certainly collapse.

My history teacher is quite a character. He is a diehard liberal. He has given us various lectures on this saying that this war was just for Bush to avenge the hit Sadam placed on his father. That class is so funny because all you have to do is mention the war and the rest of the class is spent discussing it. Laughing God, I love that class Very Happy Laughing Very Happy
*cough* Weapons of mass destruction? Oil! *cough*
Yea if only they'd stop blowing it up Evil or Very Mad
What I was trying to say was that the reason we went in Iraq was for oil, not for the so-called "weapons of mass destruction" that strangely never appeared...
Yea, and that's the reason France and Germany opposed it. They had contracts with Iraq oil companies before the war that mysteriously ceased to exist after we came in...
Wait a sec....hmmmm...thinking...
Can't tell if you are agreeing or disagreeing... Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
What I was trying to say was that the reason we went in Iraq was for oil, not for the so-called "weapons of mass destruction" that strangely never appeared...

The war on Iraq was not for oil or WMD or terrorists, believe me. It's part of an agenda. What that agenda is, nobody knows. Neocon? Religious belief? I don't know.
or to finish little daddy's job
I kind of doubt that...it's foolish and pointless to go to war over a "family feud" as some might call it, and I don't think that's Bush's incentive.
that may be true, oh well. It may not have helped though
I think rivereye has a point there...
Somehow, I doubt it. Rolling Eyes
think, George Bush went in for Sadam, but backed out at the last second, now George W. Bush is in, and we went after Sadam, sorry, the pattern is there.
@Kerm: I agree Good Idea
I think George Bush is "dumb" enough to go to war over a family fued. Laughing
thank you, I do think so too, oh well, can we really prove it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours