KermMartian wrote:
TC01, any information about the architecture of the chip to be used? m68k, z80/z88, ARM, Cortex, something Casio and proprietary...?

I couldn't find anything- not in the manual or on official specs- which you can find here: link

EDIT: But apparently the calc's OS is very similar to the 9860 series, and those calcs use a SuperH 3 according to Wikipedia.
TC01 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
TC01, any information about the architecture of the chip to be used? m68k, z80/z88, ARM, Cortex, something Casio and proprietary...?

I couldn't find anything- not in the manual or on official specs- which you can find here: link

EDIT: But apparently the calc's OS is very similar to the 9860 series, and those calcs use a SuperH 3 according to Wikipedia.
Good to know, thanks for looking that up. I suppose that would be yet another assembly language to learn, then? I'm not nearly sufficiently in touch with the Casio coding scene to know if there's a compiler of any sort.
hmm, I bet the casio community is gloating and laughing right now...

their company pwns our company
qazz42 wrote:
hmm, I bet the casio community is gloating and laughing right now...

their company pwns our company
Well, a device with a color screen isn't exactly a good basis for "pwning". Razz You still have to consider the programmability, the form factor, the user interface, the math capabilities, the program base, the user base, the programmer base, etc.
and from what I am reading, are fairly good

though, the low RAM is terrible >.<
qazz42 wrote:
and from what I am reading, are fairly good

though, the low RAM is terrible >.<
Well, if we are indeed correct that it has 61KB RAM, which I'm not yet convinced of. That is of course 2.5 times our 24KB, but when you're dealing with a color screen, graphics take up infinitely more space (ie, more like 3 bytes per pixel instead of 8 pixels per byte - that's 24 times larger!).
hmm, yeah, that is correct... there is more RAM, but I dont tihnk we will be able to use all of it...
qazz42 wrote:
hmm, yeah, that is correct... there is more RAM, but I dont tihnk we will be able to use all of it...
What do you mean? I'm assuming from such an odd, non-power-of-two, figure, that 61KB is the amount of user program RAM available.
WHO CARES ABOUT THE RAM GUYS. LOOK AT THE COLOR SCREEN. TI IS SCREWED FOR SUREEEEEE.
Kerm, sounds good...

if that much is user available, imagine what amount is Hidden O_o
allynfolksjr wrote:
WHO CARES ABOUT THE RAM GUYS. LOOK AT THE COLOR SCREEN. TI IS SCREWED FOR SUREEEEEE.
Until ten minutes after launch, when some enterprising student figures out that you can load pictures of a questionable nature onto the device and teachers and the media raise hell.
oh jeez.... and considering how some people are not as mature as us

>.'>

(although, with the bmp viewer bwang made, it is not as hard on the nspire either)
qazz42 wrote:

>.'>

(although, with the bmp viewer bwang made, it is not as hard on the nspire either)
True, but we're talking 16-bit color vs. 4-bit grayscale. Razz I can just imagine the "parental/teacher controls" vs. student war as far as limiting what images may be loaded onto the device. :S
crap... well, thanks to hormones, this calc could be screwed
qazz42 wrote:
crap... well, thanks to hormones, this calc could be screwed
Indeed, although it occurs to me that of course the controversy would be ridiculous overreaction, considering students' exposure to the internet on laptops, smartphones with internet, etc etc. I could totally see it causing a brouhaha though.
*snicker* brouhaha *snicker* (very tempted to make a icarly joke >Very Happy)

err, yes, even in the school computer some kids were able to access some, errr, very distasteful footage...
qazz42 wrote:
*snicker* brouhaha *snicker* (very tempted to make a icarly joke >Very Happy)

err, yes, even in the school computer some kids were able to access some, errr, very distasteful footage...
Can't say I'm surprised.

So getting back on topic, since this seems to be slowly veering into "what TI could do better" territory, any concrete suggestions?
qazz42 wrote:

>.'>

Are you kidding? If I was still messing around with calculators I would totally make it my mission to get full video pr0n on that sucker.
asm of course Wink I dont want a color nspire so much, the fact this has asm is pretty a good
qazz42 wrote:
asm of course Wink I dont want a color nspire so much, the fact this has asm is pretty a good
I agree that not only tolerance of ASM, but support of ASM would be good, including proper documentation for the community. For the Nspire, to draw more people to work with it, there's no reason for them not to offer a full set of C documentation including all of the routines available from the OS.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours