Are they saying it only have 61KB of RAM, though?

qazz42 wrote:
O_O

16 MB flash memory! that is alot!

The only thing amazing about that is that they still make flash memory that small.

Seriously, you're getting exited about 16mb when a 1gb usb drive is $10? Why wouldn't they just throw in a 256mb flash chip or something?
Kllrnohj wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
O_O

The only thing amazing about that is that they still make flash memory that small.

Seriously, you're getting exited about 16mb when a 1gb usb drive is $10? Why wouldn't they just throw in a 256mb flash chip or something?

markup per unit sold
Kllrnohj wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
O_O

well, compared to the 1.5mb the TI-84+SE has... it is alot
DShiznit and Qazz both have valid points. There's no reason for them to make any significant strides past perhaps an order of magnitude past the status quo at the most.
TC01 wrote:
So, I bet some people have already heard about this (especially if you've checked Omnimaga in the past few days), but I haven't found any discussion on the forums...

Casio, one of those other manufacturers of graphing calculators, recently announced a new graphing calculator called the Prizm. What's unique about it is that it has a 216x384 65,536 color display.

It's coming out in January 2011. Here's a picture, which was uploaded by kucalc and posted on Omnimaga:

And here's the Omnimaga thread on it, with lots of discussion already.

Hopefully this will cause TI to make some better calculators to compete with it...

Thanks. In case you hadn't noticed but a) we don't care about Casio, and b) we're not omnimaga.
Nikky's got a good point on (b), and a decent point on (a), although as I said on #cemetech, I care about what is necessary to prod TI to not make disgusting Nspire-esque calculators.
Quote:
although as I said on #cemetech, I care about what is necessary to prod TI to not make disgusting Nspire-esque calculators.

Why not TI Nspire? i mean they are pretty cool Kerm. Ti84 can be emulated on the Nspire as well, cant it? i mean other than some problems with 84 applications, things should be about the same
0rac343 wrote:
Quote:
although as I said on #cemetech, I care about what is necessary to prod TI to not make disgusting Nspire-esque calculators.

Why not TI Nspire? i mean they are pretty cool Kerm. Ti84 can be emulated on the Nspire as well, cant it? i mean other than some problems with 84 applications, things should be about the same
1) They represent a step backwards in terms of programmability, contain extremely limited BASIC capabilities, and no ASM or C capabilities at all except that which the community has hacked in, only to have each method "fixed" by TI in subsequent OS releases.
2) They encourage teachers to adopt a device (and therefore require students to have) that will not teach future students the fun and joy of programming, as the z80 and 68k series have.
3) TI already removed the TI-84+SE keypad in Nspires currently sold, and requires you to send away to them for the keypad. It's only a matter of time until that ceases
4) The TI-84+ emulator in the Nspire is of poor quality, and fails to implement many features that work properly on a real calculator.
KermMartian wrote:
Nikky's got a good point on (b), and a decent point on (a), although as I said on #cemetech, I care about what is necessary to prod TI to not make disgusting Nspire-esque calculators.

Basically this is why I posted it.

And don't forget that originally the Nspire didn't even have programming of any kind when it was first released. It wasn't until around OS 1.3 (I think) that a programming editor was added.
teachers in my scooh are telling kids to throw away their TI-84+SEs and get a nspire

nspire == n-fail

and nikky, while we dont care about casio, this happens to interest us.. so we care about it
His post contained the word "omnimaga" four times, and a link to a specific thread. Looks like spamming too! In contrast, "Casio" and "TI" were both mentioned once.
allynfolksjr wrote:
His post contained the word "omnimaga" four times, and a link to a specific thread. Looks like spamming too! In contrast, "Casio" and "TI" were both mentioned once.
I count three instances of the word Omnimaga and zero of Cemetech. Razz
Wait, you guys are calculator elitists? Of all the stupid things you could fight about...
KermMartian wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

I counted his signature. Smile
i count a COLOR calculator. there should be TI84+CE's out there, ya know? (CE= Color Edition Razz)
hmm ,so err, moving on...

one of us must find out if there is asm on this , that would be epic

think about the NES EMUS!
allynfolksjr wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

I counted his signature. Smile

Which I edited, because you had a somewhat valid point there (about the mention in my sig, anyway- it was unnecessary).

Anyway... qazz, the manual says there will be add-ins supported. (Add-ins are flash apps for Casios). Presumably then they will release a SDK so people can make them.
TC01, any information about the architecture of the chip to be used? m68k, z80/z88, ARM, Cortex, something Casio and proprietary...?
oh, sounds good

I may get one if I get the monies (better get a job soon)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours