Raylin wrote:
7:00pm CST.

Also, how many people would be willing to get a Google Docs account? I'm thinking about having a real-time text collaboration on the side so, that we don't have to spam that small chat window and we can debug in Google Docs.
I think it's safe to say that the majority of us probably have a Google * account (since it's all the same, mail, docs, blah), but I don't really see what we need it for. Isn't cemetech.pastebin.com (or your favorite subdomain allegiance) sufficient? Also, what's on the agenda for today? I'll be studying for tomorrow's midterm exam, so although I'll try to attend, I think I'll probably be participating slightly less than usual.
The agenda is the norm. The special topic is on ASM Basics again. I can handle that.

Also, I wanted to use Google Wave. Hence the reason I'm asking about the Gmail accounts.
Raylin wrote:
7:00pm CST.
boo... I haz exam study group :/ darn.
Raylin wrote:
The agenda is the norm. The special topic is on ASM Basics again. I can handle that.

Also, I wanted to use Google Wave. Hence the reason I'm asking about the Gmail accounts.
Ah, that makes sense, but I am still a bit confused why we need another channel of communication besides #cemetech on IRC, the Tinychat chat box, and use of Pastebin. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Raylin wrote:

Ah, that makes sense, but I am still a bit confused why we need another channel of communication besides #cemetech on IRC, the Tinychat chat box, and use of Pastebin. Smile

Well, for one, Google Docs and Wave are epic for editing code in a group; you really can't do that via chat. Though I might add, editing code in a large group can make things go wrong very quickly... Anyways, at least with Docs, there's chat built right in, and alike Wave, you can comment your heart out.

Edit: On second thought, you do have pastebin... but (save for syntax highlighting), Docs is a more elegant, cohesive solution.
Yeah, but multiple people editing a piece of code at the same time is generally something I consider a bad thing, not a good thing. I would be worried that people could easily make conflicting edits to the program's functionality and not realize it.
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, but multiple people editing a piece of code at the same time is generally something I consider a bad thing, not a good thing. I would be worried that people could easily make conflicting edits to the program's functionality and not realize it.
true... lol, svn for like what, a 30 line program? jk Smile
rthprog wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
true... lol, svn for like what, a 30 line program? jk Smile
Right, or take the more logical solution and just have each programmer take orderly turns editing the Pastebin of a program. Razz

Edit: Or, even better, posting in a Cemetech topic on the subject so we can see the changes that each coder made.
KermMartian wrote:
Or, even better, posting in a Cemetech topic on the subject so we can see the changes that each coder made.
Ha, yeah, probably the best solution...
rthprog wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Or, even better, posting in a Cemetech topic on the subject so we can see the changes that each coder made.
Ha, yeah, probably the best solution...
Agreed. So intros, projects, ASM, and programming help for today's rough outline?
re: Today's HCWP.

COMPLETE DISASTER.
Raylin wrote:

COMPLETE DISASTER.
That's a total lie. Smile The purpose of HCWP is to get everyone together, give us all an opportunity to say hey, and hopefully learn something from each other. Just because the last part didn't happen doesn't make it a disaster. Razz
... was being surrounded by qazzbubbles considered a productive part of the show? Razz

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/616/captureryt.png

heh, screeny of what was going on towards the end x.x

Edit by Merth: Image was too big.
KermMartian wrote:
Raylin wrote:

COMPLETE DISASTER.
That's a total lie. Smile The purpose of HCWP is to get everyone together, give us all an opportunity to say hey, and hopefully learn something from each other. Just because the last part didn't happen doesn't make it a disaster. Razz

No disaster is right, a lot of fun it was. Very Happy
Yeah, it sorta devolved in that second session. Notice that we're on http://www.tinychat.com/HCWP now, because somehow someone set /havecalc to Facebook authentication only, and no one really wants to link their Facebook.
bah, I set it back so that you wont need fb authentication if you would like to know Smile (no one was home so I just changed it)
qazz42 wrote:
bah, I set it back so that you wont need fb authentication if you would like to know Smile (no one was home so I just changed it)
How did you manage that? Nice job, we'll be able to return to that then. Next week should hopefully be slightly less hectic for me (even though life tends to be uncooperative in that regard), so with any luck I'll be able to lead a short lecture on getting started with z80 ASM.
I ARE 1337 HAXXOR

I think since everyone left, I get the mod powers, glad to help Wink
At least it did not end up like one of BrandonW's livestream... if anyone remember that "Xenoparadox projects thread" Razz
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
At least it did not end up like one of BrandonW's livestream... if anyone remember that "Xenoparadox projects thread" Razz
Last week, HCWP #3, turned into Jonimus, BrandonW, and I ranting at code that wouldn't work properly until 2am or 3am. To be fair, BrandonW was by far the most frustrated of the three of us.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 20
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours