its forums! http://z4.invisionfree.com/tifreakware will remain up to see all the posts made there, but the new discussions shall be now located at http://tifreakware.net/forum

I hope to see some people there, maybe help me stay motivated in keeping the site alive.
Wow I kinda like the new forum style. You should probably PM the old members via your IF panel to inform them they need to sign up again. Clean the bots first, though.

I'm a bit sad to see the old posts not included, though, although maybe in the future you could try to get a conversion from Invisionfree or find a script to convert the content (although this isn't legal I think). This might be hard if the new board already got new posts in it, though, and if PHPBB got no merging tools like MyBB did.

Are you planning to make the main site look similar to the new board, including gradients?
Yeah, I need to do the mass emailing bit. And I am just planning on leaving that forum as is. I'll try to check on it on occassion, but for the most part, I think I want to start fresh.

That is, if anyone bothers to sign up/post. If I don't see much in the way of activity over the next couple months, I probably won't renew my account with 1and1
Ah ok. Also I think it's best in some ways that you only keep the sub-forums for the staff that still shows signs of life, so the new board doesn't look even emptier.

An example is how my site used to only have one section for everything calculator help-related, and now it has one for most programming languages.

Also, bug report: all forum sections are invisible from logged-in members. Shock
If you decide not to repay your 1&1 hosting, I will be more than happy to give you a subdomain here, Daniel. Smile And would you like SAX on your new forum?
@Kerm: That would be fantastic to have, but as you said, you weren't sure what kind of modifications would be needed to make it work. And I know you are under a great deal of strain of late with life, so that is up to you if you have time to deal with it. As to subdomain.. I'm not sure anything I have on my site is worth it. Maybe the tutorials. That seems to be the only thing of worth from my site. :/

@DJ: Really? o.o I have to look into permissions really fast, since I can see it as a guest and admin..
That's phpBB2, not 3, right? Or am I seeing it incorrectly?
It's 3. 3.0.7-PL1 to be specific.

Edit:

@DJ: Could you try looking at it again? I think I fixed the permissions.
Suggestion: change the users online thresold to 30 minutes. 5 minutes is a bit short to see who was just online IMHO, plus the old board, along with most other TI websites, uses 30 now, anyway.

And wow unless you pre-registered some of the old accounts, it seems like you brought back some of the old users, because I see nicknames I haven't seen in ages there. Shock
I do believe that was the results of my mass email I sent about 15 minutes ago o.o Was quite the shocker to me as well.
TIFreakware, Elfprince got SAX working on phpBB3, so we'll just have to nag him about that if it gets busy enough to warrant SAX slash you decide you want it. Smile
I would definitely like to include it for the forums at the least. One of these days I am going to go through the entire site and implement a CSS sheet :p I know I had started, but I never got around to finishing as it was giving me great amounts of difficulty.
@Tifreak8x for a minute or two, I saw the sub-forums, then later they vanished again, although I can still access the post through http://tifreakware.net/forum/search.php?search_id=active_topics D:
DJ_O wrote:
@Tifreak8x for a minute or two, I saw the sub-forums, then later they vanished again, although I can still access the post through http://tifreakware.net/forum/search.php?search_id=active_topics D:

*headaches*

lol

I'm trying to get these evil permissions figured out. My god they over complicated this thing.
tifreak8x wrote:
DJ_O wrote:

*headaches*

0x5

I'm trying to get these evil permissions figured out. My god they over complicated this thing.
Aww, poor tifreak8x. Sad I hope you're able to track down the proper permissions with minimal additional headachiness.
I do believe I managed it. And we have managed a nice spurt of activity for it being just set up, I hope that continues on.

I need to set up a better bot catching mod for it, I don't want the forum to get flooded with bot posts.

Otherwise, anyone else seeing any issues?
This sounds great. I am happy to see that you are expanding your site. It has always been a favorite of mine. Hope you get this figured out soon. I want to host my own site, I have an extra computer but it needs memory added to it, and my connect isn't so good (bad signal). I willl do it one day. by that time I probably won't be able to add enough memory. Laughing I'll check it out. This is wonderful news.
Thanks basicman. I've had a forum, but the css looked bad and I could never really get it fixed properly. Now we've got something that looks nicer and everything seems to work properly now.
tifreak8x wrote:
Thanks basicman. I've had a forum, but the css looked bad and I could never really get it fixed properly. Now we've got something that looks nicer and everything seems to work properly now.

It looks really good. I like it a lot.
Basicman, at the risk of derailing TIFreak's topic, I would think opening port 80 and getting a domain name would actually be your biggest obstacles, no? Daniel, shall I talk to Thomas about SAX and phpBB3?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours