Yeah, I fumbled the name of the GUI element at first, because it's late, I'm exhausted, and I need to get to sleep so I can awaken early tomorrow. How about you throw some random code at this based on your assumptions of how the GUI will work, see what happens, and I'll try to help you in case it fails or doesn't do what you want? Also, does this mean Zelda and your other DCS GUI project are both on hold?
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, I fumbled the name of the GUI element at first, because it's late, I'm exhausted, and I need to get to sleep so I can awaken early tomorrow. How about you throw some random code at this based on your assumptions of how the GUI will work, see what happens, and I'll try to help you in case it fails or doesn't do what you want? Also, does this mean Zelda and your other DCS GUI project are both on hold?

Zelda has been on hold, I just used that topic for the engine since that is what it is going to be based on, and the GUI project is pretty much done, though I am thinking of adding more to it later.
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Zelda has been on hold, I just used that topic for the engine since that is what it is going to be based on, and the GUI project is pretty much done, though I am thinking of adding more to it later.
Aight, glad to hear that you're not taking too much on without finishing other things first. Don't forget to formally wrap up the GUI work somehow, document it, and release it for yours and others' future reference.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Aight, glad to hear that you're not taking too much on without finishing other things first. Don't forget to formally wrap up the GUI work somehow, document it, and release it for yours and others' future reference.

As soon as I can get icons showing on the minimized window, and get it optimized, then I will release it for a fact.
The icons on the minimized window is easy enough; just put a five-pixel-tall GUIRSprite on it. Sprites are XOR'd, so you'll be all set.
KermMartian wrote:
The icons on the minimized window is easy enough; just put a five-pixel-tall GUIRSprite on it. Sprites are XOR'd, so you'll be all set.

Very nice idea, I like it, can I just pit it over the existing pixels and it change it to what it wants?
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Very nice idea, I like it, can I just pit it over the existing pixels and it change it to what it wants?
You'll need to specify the contents of the icon, but if you put black pixels over the black background bar, they turn into white pixels by the magic of XOR (0 xor 0 = 0, 0 xor 1 = 1 xor 0 = 1, 1 xor 1 = 0).
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

You'll need to specify the contents of the icon, but if you put black pixels over the black background bar, they turn into white pixels by the magic of XOR (0 xor 0 = 0, 0 xor 1 = 1 xor 0 = 1, 1 xor 1 = 0).

I will post the code in the topic for it, then you can explain to me what I need to do to make it work then if that is ok.
Sounds good, and now we've shifted that to the topic where it's supposed to be, so let's get this one back on-topic.

So other than the GUI and bug-fixes, what do you have in mind for this game?
KermMartian wrote:
Sounds good, and now we've shifted that to the topic where it's supposed to be, so let's get this one back on-topic.

So other than the GUI and bug-fixes, what do you have in mind for this game?

I am hoping to find a way to implement equips, and actual GUI battle system, like tifreak is doing for PP with sprites, and other then that, I am not sure as of right now.
Does sum(7,4 display variables too and parts of Lists?

Code:
:"HELLOWORLD->Str1
:2->dim(L1
:{100,100->L1
:sum(9
:sum(7,4,1,1,sub(Str1,1,5)," ",L1(1),"/",L1(2)
:sum(12,45,32,0

I want this to output this

HELLO 100/100

Code:
:"DraxuzLenaBarrant->Str1
:sum(7,21,0,0,10,10,1

And all I get is it displaying the rectangle, then it freezes, the mouse won't even display.
This is wrong:

Code:

That's not how you concatenate at all. Try this:

Code:
sub(7,4,1,1,sub(1,1,5)+" "+det(1,L1(1))+"/"+det(1,L1(2
KermMartian wrote:
This is wrong:

Code:

That's not how you concatenate at all. Try this:

Code:
sub(7,4,1,1,sub(1,1,5)+" "+det(1,L1(1))+"/"+det(1,L1(2

Thanks, will try it out right now.
Notice that det(1,[number]) converts a number into a string; det(1,3) becomes "3". Conversely, expr(string) turns a string representing a number into a number, like expr("1.2") into 1.2.
BASIC Code wrote:
:1→A:6→B
:"DraxuzLenaBarrant→Str0
:2→dim(L1
:{100,100→L1
:sum(7,4,1,1,sub(Str0,A,B)┼" "┼det(L1(1))┼"/"┼det(L1(2
:sum(12,45,32,9
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005-2010 Cemetech

Here is the code, and it is giving me a Syntax error.
Nono, not the funky stats plus, just the normal addition plus.
KermMartian wrote:

x.x consistency Kerm.. >.<
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Facepalm, don't try to lecture me when you're wrong. The plus is used for concatenation of strings by the TI-OS. The stats plus is used to represent a line return within a string by Doors CS.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Facepalm, don't try to lecture me when you're wrong. The plus is used for concatenation of strings by the TI-OS. The stats plus is used to represent a line return within a string by Doors CS.

I am sorry, it just looked like it was used for the same thing... >.< I am just so exhausted right now... This whole ram clear after the program works is just annoying...
You'll get it eventually. I'm a bit surprised that you haven't run into concatenation of strings before, though.
KermMartian wrote:
You'll get it eventually. I'm a bit surprised that you haven't run into concatenation of strings before, though.

Smaller words today please, I have fried my brain today....

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 40, 41, 42  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 42
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours