qazz42 wrote:
well DUH, he would not come across those error, he knows nothing about what is going on inside the calc...

he only cares about math or easy questions Razz
Well, of course, but the bigger takeaway is that he theoretically forwarded my reports to the development team, and will (it sounds) let me know if they respond in any way. As far as I know, they've told Brandon similar things in the past, though, so I'm not holding my breath.
Remember kiddies

TI-generically-cares
qazz42 wrote:
Remember kiddies

TI-generically-cares
Qazz, you're killing me with all of your recent posts that have no substance and are only thinly-veiled trolls. Razz Has anyone noticed anything new on TI's site or elsewhere on the internet with reference to the 84+SE?
Nope. What did you notice? ;O
comicIDIOT wrote:
Nope. What did you notice? ;O
Nothing, but I thought perhaps they had tried to modify their approach to the possible discontinuation having received a few emails about the possible discontinuation from the community. I haven't had the time to personally check, though.
From what I remember, they mentionned it was discontinued in only a few markets in Europe, where it did not sell very well. I forgot which ones, though. I think there was Swiss and Germany. The TI-82 STATS was discontinued in Swiss as well. Their initial page update scared me, though, as it said "production stopped". Production stoppage, to me, means they are no longer producing anymore of that model worldwide. They're not clear sometimes.

Oh well, at least now the SE should still be sold over here and some other countries as well for another while, I guess. I wonder for how long...
Indeed, I think even if they're continuing to sell here, and even if they're actually continuing to manufacture it (which I think they might not be), the handwriting is still eventually on the wall, and I can unfortunately see them completely abandoning the z80 calculator lines instead of coming up with a new model (the 84.5? the 87 or 88?) to replace the 84 series, ending the progression from the TI-80 to the TI-84+/SE via the TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, and TI-83+.
well one problem I am having is that the new TI site makes it so friggen hard to find apps and such for my TI-84+SE

it used to be easier

but now, it is a bit hidden
qazz42 wrote:
well one problem I am having is that the new TI site makes it so friggen hard to find apps and such for my TI-84+SE

it used to be easier

but now, it is a bit hidden
I didn't find that to be the case when I went to verify your statement just now. Sad I went to http://education.ti.com , clicked Downloads and Activities, and chose Apps from the dropdown menu.
O_o I tried that, (I was looking for a math app) and no matter what I did it claimed that there were no apps, so I used the search box and finally found what I needed about 2 pages in...

I guess it was from a while ago, when they were still working on the site \O/
qazz42 wrote:
O_o I tried that, (I was looking for a math app) and no matter what I did it claimed that there were no apps, so I used the search box and finally found what I needed about 2 pages in...

I guess it was from a while ago, when they were still working on the site \O/
Yeah, it seems fine to me now. I guess they fixed whatever problems they were having when you used it. Still no response from the technical team about my bug reports, by the way, not that anyone should be surprised.
yeah, I think they ignore all questions that have to do with anything low leveled Smile
qazz42 wrote:
yeah, I think they ignore all questions that have to do with anything low leveled Smile
More specifically, I suspect that they might indeed forward them on to the development team, but that the dev team files them away on some bug tracker somewhere, never gets back to the customer, and probably never gets around to looking at the reported bug either.
and the fact they no longer care about the z80 line as much as the nspire... :/
qazz42 wrote:
and the fact they no longer care about the z80 line as much as the nspire... :/
Very true, unfortunately. If there's still any z80 devs on the team, though, I bet he or she or them is still interested in the z80 line.
I'm the webmaster over Tech Powered Math, and today I was contacted by the marketing manager of mathematics for TI. He had read the article on my site referencing forum discussions about the TI-84+ SE being discontinued. He wanted to give assurance that TI is not going to be discontinuing the SE in North America.

Here's my brief update:

TI-84+ SE not discontinued

KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Remember kiddies

TI-generically-cares
Qazz, you're killing me with all of your recent posts that have no substance and are only thinly-veiled trolls. Razz Has anyone noticed anything new on TI's site or elsewhere on the internet with reference to the 84+SE?
Thanks for the update. I'm glad that all of the cemetechians can finally calm down to a reasonable level.

Perhaps you and Christopher can have a "slow server" contest.
tpm wrote:
I'm the webmaster over Tech Powered Math, and today I was contacted by the marketing manager of mathematics for TI. He had read the article on my site referencing forum discussions about the TI-84+ SE being discontinued. He wanted to give assurance that TI is not going to be discontinuing the SE in North America.

Here's my brief update:

Welcome to Cemetech, tpm. I'm the webmaster over here at Cemetech. Smile Yeah, the TI reps that we contacted had claimed the same thing, but in our past experiences TI-Cares is not the most reliable source of news or technical information on TI's educational lineup, so it's nice to hear that they proactively contacted you to let you know what's happening with the TI-84+SE. As you mentioned on your site, certain "purists" among us, including myself, would be very unhappy if TI started trying to eliminate the TI-84+SE or any part of the series in an attempt to push people towards the TI-Nspire, which many of us find to be an inferior device. Thanks for the update, and I hope you'll keep in touch if you hear anything new about this or related issues.

@Nikky: I'm disappointed to hear you find both of our servers slow. Sad
tpm wrote:

Here's my brief update:

KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Remember kiddies

TI-generically-cares

well now, we already know that, but at least NOW we have backup. Thanks for showing us this Very Happy

now, if only they would give us calcs with proper RAM and lets us ndlesss out nspires :/
Qazz, except we know how unlikely that is given TI's relationships with educational testing companies such as ETS. Can you be more specific about what you mean by "proper RAM"?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 11
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours