Perhaps in later versions, yes. For now, I'm lucky that I can get it to clear the screen.
ACagliano wrote:
Perhaps in later versions, yes. For now, I'm lucky that I can get it to clear the screen.
You could even use a nice simple RLE'd image, to continue Merth's point.
Well, I don't know what an RLE is. But i may try it at some point. It would open up alot of memory.
RLE is run-length encoding. It's a very simple compression scheme, but is easy to implement.
ACagliano wrote:
Well, I don't know what an RLE is. But i may try it at some point. It would open up alot of memory.
RLE stands for Run Length Encoding, as I see Ben just mentioned. Conceptually, if you had a string of 30 black pixels and then 50 white pixels, it would represent that as 30,1; 50,0 instead of 111111111111111111111111111111111000000000000000000000000000000...
Here is an updated Screenie...

Nice job, ACag; keep up the good work. Sorry to be continuing to delay you on the Antivirus. Sad
Not a problem. Working on this is actually helping me to try the limits of what can be done with Axe. Work is progressing quite smoothly. I'm already working now on #DeleteFile.

As for the antivirus, take your time. Once you get them done, I need only a week or two to sync the software and get it ready for beta testing.
Just to remind you its, a RunProg Hook installer compatible w/ DCS7; a routine that checks to see if said hook is installed, the routine to return a list of all programs on calc (regardless of archive, lock or hidden status, unless that will cause issues), and the hex search strings (I've been researching this myself as well).
It would make my life much easier for the hex strings if you could give me a specific set of programs that you wanted to be blocked, so I could go through them and figure out what call(s) indicate probable malicious beheavior.
Well, BRICK.8xp, which can be found on Brandon Wilson's website. There's also one out there, not sure of its name, but it burns your screen.

Edit: Let's bump this to the AntiVirus topic.
ACagliano wrote:
Well, BRICK.8xp, which can be found on Brandon Wilson's website. There's also one out there, not sure of its name, but it burns your screen.
From looking at BRICK.8xp, it looks like the following Bcall is only legit in limited circumstances, few enough that it's no problem to make the user manually confirm:

Code:
bcall(_EraseFlash)
Just got #DeleteFile implemented. Now I'm working on #OpenFile.

After 3 hours of trying to try different ways of using GetCalc( to return a pointer and it keep returning 0 and me changing the way the data is written to memory and all, three hours later I realize that it's because the variable needs to be unarchived. FAIL.
ACagliano wrote:
Just got #DeleteFile implemented. Now I'm working on #OpenFile.

After 3 hours of trying to try different ways of using GetCalc( to return a pointer and it keep returning 0 and me changing the way the data is written to memory and all, three hours later I realize that it's because the variable needs to be unarchived. FAIL.
Awww, that's frustrating. I'm glad that you finally figured out what the problem was, though.
Ok. Two things.

1. How do you take the current screen image and convert it to a bitmap? And how is this done in Axe?

2. (off topic) I need an assembly routine that returns the battery level, on a scale of 1-4, into an Axe variable.
ACagliano wrote:
Ok. Two things.

1. How do you take the current screen image and convert it to a bitmap? And how is this done in Axe?

2. (off topic) I need an assembly routine that returns the battery level, on a scale of 1-4, into an Axe variable.
1. Depends what you need. If you've used TI-OS routines to draw on the graphscreen, there's no guarantee that it's in RAM anywhere. If you've used things like DCS and Axe routines to write to the display, you can copy 768 bytes from gbuf through gbuf+767.

2. The TI-OS can only give you two states: "ok" and "not ok". Doors CS tries to use those and the contrast to estimate the battery life, although this works less well on the 84+ line than on the 83+ line.
Kerm, would you mind sharing the concept you use for #2, I'm a little bit confused how the contrast helps determine battery life.
_player1537 wrote:
Kerm, would you mind sharing the concept you use for #2, I'm a little bit confused how the contrast helps determine battery life.
On the TI-83 and TI-83+, no fixed-voltage regulator is used. As a battery is used up, its output voltage slowly drops. A new AAA might be 1.6, 1.7, or even 1.8V, while a flat battery may have dropped as far as 1.2V or 1.1V. Therefore, as the batteries dwindle, in order to maintain the same visible darkness of the display, you need to increase the contrast. Therefore, Doors CS can take a stab at the battery level by checking the contrast. A low value is likely to indicate fresh batteries, while a high value is more likely to indicate close-to-dead batteries. The TI-84+/SE is not as susceptible to screen dimming at constant contrast as the batteries are depleted.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for sharing Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
On the TI-83 and TI-83+, no fixed-voltage regulator is used. As a battery is used up, its output voltage slowly drops. A new AAA might be 1.6, 1.7, or even 1.8V, while a flat battery may have dropped as far as 1.2V or 1.1V. Therefore, as the batteries dwindle, in order to maintain the same visible darkness of the display, you need to increase the contrast. Therefore, Doors CS can take a stab at the battery level by checking the contrast. A low value is likely to indicate fresh batteries, while a high value is more likely to indicate close-to-dead batteries. The TI-84+/SE is not as susceptible to screen dimming at constant contrast as the batteries are depleted.

So if I turned the contrast really down, DCS would say I had a dead battery in my calc?
On the contrary, it would say that you had fresh batteries. If you turn the contrast all the way up, it would say you had dead batteries.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours