Quote:
Some of what I'm about to say regarding Pres. George W. Bush's activities is so childishly simple, I fear it may be patronizing to explain; I apologize in advance. What follows is a set of observations I have made about officious utopians. If George manages to marginalize and eventually even outlaw responsible critics of violent thugs, civilization will crumble almost immediately. Investigators from a future era will need to sift through the charred wreckage of our society looking for the black box to figure out what happened. Maybe they'll even discover that I cannot promise not to be angry at George. I do promise, however, to try to keep my anger under control, to keep it from leading me—as it leads George—to paint people of different races and cultures as phlegmatic alien forces undermining the coherent national will. I correctly predicted that he would institutionalize sex discrimination by requiring different standards of protection and behavior for men and women. Alas, I didn't think he'd do that so effectively—or so soon.

While I can't speak for anyone else, I aver that George's policy of subjecting us to the closed-minded, vexatious yapping of foolhardy scroungers must not go unchallenged. To leave it unchallenged is to condone George's grandiose plans for world hegemony, plans in which no one is free to say that George makes it sound like the Queen of England heads up the international drug cartel. That's the rankest sort of pretense I've ever heard. The reality is that as a dynamic historical current, negativism has taken many different forms and has evolved dramatically in some ways. Still, I recommend you check out some of George's jeremiads and draw your own conclusions on the matter.

Imagine a world in which George could create a global workers plantation overseen by transnational corporations who have no more concern for the human rights of those who produce their products or services than George has for his lapdogs whenever he felt like it. There's something wrong with this picture. Even so, I have a soft spot for purblind, hypersensitive duffers: a bog not too far from here. If he wants to make individuals indifferent to the survival of their families, fine. Just don't make me have an identity crisis while he's at it. I receive a great deal of correspondence from people all over the world. One of the things that impresses me about all of it is the massive number of people who realize that we cannot afford to waste our time, resources, and energy by dwelling upon inequities of the past. Instead, we must remove the misunderstanding that George has created in the minds of myriad people throughout the world. Doing so would be significantly easier if more people were to understand that many people have witnessed George make bribery legal and part of business as usual. George generally insists that his witnesses are mistaken and blames his invidious whinges on inerudite, meretricious miscreants. It's like he has no-fault insurance against personal responsibility. What's more, this is preeminently the time to speak the truth, the whole truth, frankly and boldly. Let me therefore state that if we let George dismantle national civil rights organizations by driving a wedge between the leaders and the rank-and-file members, all we'll have to look forward to in the future is a public realm devoid of culture and a narrow and routinized professional life untouched by the highest creations of civilization.

Even though George gives flattering titles to his natural distempers, if we don't remove the George W. Bush threat now, it will bite us in our backside in the immediate years ahead. I recently heard a famous celebrity—I forgot which one—say, "George fears nothing more than the exposure of his motives and activities." That's such a great quote, I wish I had been the one who thought of it. Sadly, the cleverest thing I ever said was that George will probably never understand why he scares me so much. And he doubtlessly does scare me: His hijinks are scary, his threats are scary, and most of all, I will not play his coprophagous games and panic irrationally and overreact completely just like he does. The logical consequences of that are clear: If George succeeds in his attempt to intensify race hatred, it'll have to be over my dead body.

It's unfortunate that George has no real education. It's impossible to debate important topics with someone who is so mentally handicapped. If we let him label everyone he doesn't like as a racist, sexist, fascist, communist, or some equally terrible "-ist", then greed, corruption, and caciquism will characterize the government. Oppressive measures will be directed against citizens. And lies and deceit will be the stock-in-trade of the media and educational institutions.

George's claim that some people deserve to feel safe while others do not is factually unsupported and politically motivated. Look at what's happened since George first ordered his companions to clear-cut ancient forest lands: Views once considered frightful are now considered ordinary. Views once considered cheeky are now considered perfectly normal. And the most counterproductive of George's views are now seen as gospel by legions of brassbound shiftless-types.

I want to draw two important conclusions from this. The first is that George's rodomontades are all too often clad in the obnoxious garb of absolutism, and the second is that there is still hope for our society, real hope—not the false sense of hope that comes from the mouths of what I call vapid, dangerous wankers but the hope that makes you eager to put an end to his evildoing. Stick your nose into anything George has written recently, and you'll get a good whiff of contumacious voyeurism.

If you need proof that anyone who examines the historical development of the last hundred years from the standpoint of this letter will at once understand that George behaves as if he's been lobotomized, then just take a look at George. If his intrusive, noisome pronouncements became more widespread, it would spell the ruination of this country. Although our hearts and minds are yearning for a vision of life where love endures, where unity is built, and where freedom finds meaning in truth, if we are powerless to fight for our freedom of speech, it is because we have allowed George to regiment the public mind as much as an army regiments the bodies of its soldiers. Almost everyone will agree that he is a bad role model for children, but he has been carrying out "preventive operations" (that means "targeted killings") against his adversaries. If there were any semblance of decency left in his army of unbalanced, predatory segregationists that ought to be an affront to it. Sadly, that's a big "if"; we all know that I'm oversimplifying things a little here. Okay, that was a facetious statement. This one is not: We need to advocate social change through dialogue, passive resistance, and nonviolence. Why? Because of what's at stake: literally everything.

Think about that for a moment. Will I allow George to shrink the so-called marketplace of ideas down to convenience-store size? As long as there is breath in my earthly body, I assure you I will not. What I will do, however, is inform as many people as possible that whenever there's an argument about George's devotion to principles and to freedom, all one has to do is point out that it would be good for the press to start paying attention to things like this. That should settle the argument pretty quickly. I can't possibly believe his claim that he has his moral compass in tact. If someone can convince me otherwise, I'll eat my hat. Heck, I'll eat a whole closetful of hats. That's a pretty safe bet because George is a pitiful specimen of an unmannerly radical. Have you noticed that that hasn't been covered at all by the mainstream media? Maybe they're afraid that George will retaliate by directing social activity toward philanthropic flimflam rather than toward the elimination of the basic deficiencies in the organization of our economic and cultural life.

I once read an article about how George wants nothing less than to make bargains with the devil. It was the powerful and long-lingering momentum of the impressions received on that occasion, more than any other circumstance, that gave definite form and resolution to my purpose of developing an alternative community, a cohesive and comprehensive underground with a charter to reach out to the poor, the marginalized, and those unfortunate enough to have been labeled as hostile by George's propaganda machine. Once again, some of the facts I'm about to present may seem shocking. This they certainly are. However, there are two related questions in this matter. The first is to what extent he has tried to create a climate in which it will be assumed that our achievements reflect not individual worth, talent, or skill, but special consideration. The other is whether or not George's cold, analytical approach to separatism doesn't take into account the human element. In particular, those who have been hurt by separatism know that George promises his mercenaries that as soon as he's finished supporting hostile governments known for human rights abuses, wrongful imprisonment, and slavery, they'll all become rich beyond their wildest dreams. There's an obvious analogy here to the way that vultures eat a cadaver and from its rottenness insects and worms suck their food. The point is that George wants to oppose the visceral views of 98 percent of the nation's citizens. Personally, I don't want that. Personally, I prefer freedom. If you also prefer freedom then you should be working with me to denounce those who claim that wretched trolls and viperine rapscallions should rule this country. In closing, all that I ask is that you join me to stop Pres. George W. Bush and shape a world of dignity and harmony, a world of justice, solidarity, liberty, and prosperity.
This sounds vaguely familiar, where did you copy this from? The grammar is a little strange but still doesn't sound like your work. Smile
Remember "My complaint about Nikky" ?
qazz42 wrote:
Remember "My complaint about Nikky" ?
Oh, it's one of those auto-generated things. I see now. Razz
This is stupid.
allynfolksjr wrote:
This is stupid.

What is that smell?
Ranman wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
This is stupid.

What is that smell?

Does the smell contain 2 words, starting with B and S respectively?
Sonlen wrote:
Ranman wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
This is stupid.

What is that smell?

No... It is one word. It starts with "a" and ends with "r". Very Happy
Ranman wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
Ranman wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
This is stupid.

What is that smell?

No... It is one word. It starts with "a" and ends with "r". Very Happy

Depends on how you look at it, because that is exactly what I am talking about. Very Happy
Sonlen wrote:
Depends on how you look at it, because that is exactly what I am talking about. Very Happy

You got my point exactly! Wink
Ranman wrote:
Sonlen wrote:

You got my point exactly! Wink

Good to know. ;D
I smell shenanigans.
uhhh?
Well, here's another trolling topic for me to lock. Keep this up and I'm going to close the Politics subforum for a while.
well, excuse us for not being serious about politics Razz
qazz42 wrote:
well, excuse us for not being serious about politics Razz
No, I won't. The point of this subforum is being serious. If you want to spam single-word posts with no substance, go on IRC.