KermMartian wrote:
Then what you have is the easiest way to do it without painstaking string-length calculations, unless you decide to go the DocDE7 route.

I am deleting that code because it f****d up my calc.

I am going to make it differently with a DCS GUI.
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Then what you have is the easiest way to do it without painstaking string-length calculations, unless you decide to go the DocDE7 route.

What the hell? Why did you delete it from the topic? I seriously doubt it "f***d up" your calculator, as you so crudely put it.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

What the hell? Why did you delete it from the topic? I seriously doubt it "f***d up" your calculator, as you so crudely put it.

That is what caused my calculator to mess up, and the ram clear thing you mentioned was to fix that.
Again, that was pure BASIC code, and very unlikely to have caused your calculator to mess up, and even if it did, it's because it triggered an obscure TI-OS bug in executing. No need to delete the code; much better to try to study the code, figure out if it was the culprit, and track it down.

Code:
sum(9
sum(7,1,"F8888888F8","The Game"
sum(7,4,1,1,0,"Did you lose the game?"
sum(7,7,20,10,"Yes"
sum(7,7,20,20,"No"
sum(7,5,32
sum(11,1
sum(10

Can someone make this so that it closes when you click on yes or no, I get it to load, and show it all, then about 2 seconds later, it is back to the DCS home.

@Kerm: I am doing something different with that now, using DCS GUI stuff.
Just switch the sum(11,1 to a sum(12,45,32,0
How would I get the sum(7,5,224 to show all 3 buttons(it is cutting off the close button in small window) and how can I get it to actually minimize and maximize, not end the program?
Sonlen wrote:
How would I get the sum(7,5,224 to show all 3 buttons(it is cutting off the close button in small window) and how can I get it to actually minimize and maximize, not end the program?
sum(7,5,128+64+32) should do it (which is indeed 224; not sure what the problem is). You'll have to interpret Ans(4) from the sum(12) call and handle those cases yourself.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
sum(7,5,128+64+32) should do it (which is indeed 224; not sure what the problem is). You'll have to interpret Ans(4) from the sum(12) call and handle those cases yourself.

Ahhh, I was trying to figure out how to do something like when you right click on the DCS home.
Hmm? Right-click on the DCS desktop, you mean? You can do that with a GUIRNull, a fill rectangle, a border, and your text and hotspots of your choice.
Could you explain how the POPGUIStacks function works?
It takes whatever commands you pushed into the stack and removes them.
Raylin wrote:

That just confused me as it made no sense.... >.<
Is there a program that uses this that I can look at and figure it out?
Sonlen wrote:
Raylin wrote:

No, he had it right. Say you use sum(7,blah three times: you pushed three things onto the GUI stack. PopGUIStacks(3) removes those three items. If you wanted to only remove one, you could just PopGUIStack, then Push on some more things.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
Raylin wrote:

No, he had it right. Say you use sum(7,blah three times: you pushed three things onto the GUI stack. PopGUIStacks(3) removes those three items. If you wanted to only remove one, you could just PopGUIStack, then Push on some more things.

So where would this go in a code, after I push a button, or before it?
It might go nowhere. Note that it's pushing and popping things from the GUI stack, though. Pushing means putting another item on top of the stack, so it gets taller and taller. Popping means taking an item off the top one at a time.
KermMartian wrote:
It might go nowhere. Note that it's pushing and popping things from the GUI stack, though. Pushing means putting another item on top of the stack, so it gets taller and taller. Popping means taking an item off the top one at a time.

Ahhh, that could be useful to have on the DCS SDK page that the Userbar links to. Though I do see how the names correspond, but when I read pop, I thought like a Popup.
Yeah, it just occurred to me that you're probably not familiar with the type of data structure called a Stack. Check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stack_%28data_structure%29
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, it just occurred to me that you're probably not familiar with the type of data structure called a Stack. Check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stack_%28data_structure%29

I didn't know there was a name for that, but I do know how that is, and I never heard it called "Push" and "Pop" for that either.
Yeah, that's pretty much what it's called. Smile Does that clarifying what PushGUIStack and PopGUIStack and PopGUIStacks do, exactly?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours