not sure if this topic goes here, feel free to move it if it doesnt...

ive tried multiple times making an IM program for 2 calcs connected by a cord ( yes its redundant to IM a calc 6 inches away but im working on a wireless transmitter...) Smile my main problem is to be able to type words and characters while simultaneously checking for a new message from the other calculator and/or displaying that message... I got no clue can somone help Confused
This is the wrong forum for this. [FB] General is for general topics related to Freebuild, a block-building game. I've moved this to the TI-BASIC topic.

So, to answer your question. As long as you're dealing with TI-BASIC, there's no good way to simultaneously type words and check for new messages. If you use the Input or Prompt routine, then the other calculator can check for messages while you type on the first calculator, but you'll have to finish typing, hit enter, and have the other calculator at a pause or other halt before you can check for messages. The solution of course would be to begin the process of learning ASM, but that should be far in your future after you master BASIC.
It's still in [FB] General, moving it now.
elfprince13 wrote:
It's still in [FB] General, moving it now.
Whoops, forgot to move it after I made my post. Thanks, Elfprince. Smile
What about advanced chat?

(actually that didnt work out so great for me...)
qazz42 wrote:
What about advanced chat?

(actually that didnt work out so great for me...)
What about it? I don't remember what Advanced Chat is; would you mind refreshing my memory?
err, I beleive YOU made it

check your TICALC profile
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/267/26709.html

That's how large your author profile is- you don't even remember everything in it...
TC01 wrote:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/267/26709.html

That's how large your author profile is- you don't even remember everything in it...
Hahahaha oh yeahhh, now I remember. It's been so many years since I wrote that, I don't even remember how it works. It might help rcplanegy, though...
alright... and it uses TIBASIC correct?
rcplanegy wrote:
alright... and it uses TIBASIC correct?
That's correct. I've just used SourceCoder to grab the source code for you; here it is:

BASIC Code wrote:
:Lbl AZ:0→X
:Menu("CHat v2.0","RUN -->",AA,"HELP",H,"Quit",Q
:Lbl Q:ClrHome
:AxesOn:FnOn
:Disp "CHat v1.0","BY Kerm MARTIAN
:Return
:Lbl H:Goto AZ
:Lbl AA:FnOff
:AxesOff:ClrDraw:0→A:Lbl A1
:Text(57,16,"ESC SEND
:Horizontal(‾8
:Line(‾10,‾10,‾10,‾8
:Line(2,‾10,2,‾8:Line(‾8,‾4,‾8,4:Line(‾8,‾4,‾6,‾4:Line(‾8,4,‾6,4:Line(‾5,4,‾5,‾4:Line(‾5,0,‾3,0
:Line(‾3,4,‾3,‾4:Line(‾2,‾4,‾1,4:Line(0,‾4,‾1,4
:Line(‾1.5,0,‾.5,0:Line(2,‾4,2,4:Line(1,4,3,4
:Lbl A:getKey→K
:Text(57,60,"
:GetCalc(X
:If X=1:Goto B
:If X=2:Goto D
:0→X
:If K=0:Goto A
:If K=12:Goto Aθ:If K=13:Goto C
:Goto A:Lbl B
:Text(57,60,"REC
:If A>53:Then
:ClrDraw:6→A
:Text(0,0,"2:",Str0
:Goto A1:End
:Text(A,0,"2:",Str0
:A+6→A
:Goto A:Lbl C
:ClrHome
:Output(3,6,"[
:Input "----MESSAGE?----",Str0
:1→X
:If A>53:Then
:ClrDraw:6→A
:Text(0,0,"1:",Str0
:1→B:For(θ,1,300:0→X:Goto A1
:End:End
:Text(57,60,"SEND
:Text(A,0,"1:",Str0
:For(θ,1,300:End:A+6→A:0→X
:Goto A:Lbl D
:Line(‾6,‾1,‾6,1.2:Line(6,‾1,6,1:Line(6,‾1,‾6,‾1:Line(6,1.2,‾6,1.2:Text(28,21,"USER SIGNED OFF
:Pause :Goto AZ
:Lbl Aθ:2→X
:Text(57,58,"STOPPING..
:For(θ,1,1000
:End:Goto AZ
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005-2010 Cemetech
sweet ill try it!
Ahahahahahaha. Awesome work, Kerm Razz
merthsoft wrote:
Ahahahahahaha. Awesome work, Kerm Razz
ticalc.org wrote:
Fri Mar 7 14:55:53 2003
Give me a break for not remembering the precise name of my chat program seven and a half years later. Smile
I'd just as soon not Razz
merthsoft wrote:
I'd just as soon not Razz
Bah, of course you wouldn't. Sad So rcplanegy, does that code help you at all, or do you need some explanation about how it works?
yeah no i got it.... i just didnt think of manipulating the commands that way ty Kerm!

hey wait why doesnt the help label work?
It looks like Help takes you to Lbl H, which takes you to Lbl AZ, which is the label at the very top of the program.
merthsoft wrote:
It looks like Help takes you to Lbl H, which takes you to Lbl AZ, which is the label at the very top of the program.
Yeah, I never added in a Help; it would be a series of Disp/Pause commands between Lbl H and Goto AZ. In my TI-BASIC glory days, my programs were often structures with Lbl AZ as the start of the program, Lbl H as the help, Lbl Q as the quit/cleanup, and Lbl AA as the start of the actual program. Lbl A was often the "inner loop", if such a thing existed.
hmm... i see well for some reason i cant quite get it to work right... im trying my own idea looks like it might work

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours