qazz42 wrote:
Smile glad to see we are getting new member

welcome to cemetech

and once more, pls dont double posst Wink

(also, shame on you Kerm. what are you thinking? no girl evar programs a calc Razz)

I have a friend that is trying to learn, and guess what gender this person happens to be? Female, thus rendering your statement invalid.

lol, I'm not joking.
D: Thats impossible!

all the girls in my high school care about are being pretty and s***ty

can we organize a trade xxepic?
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

welcome to cemetech

(also, shame on you Kerm. what are you thinking? no girl evar programs a calc Razz)

I have a friend that is trying to learn, and guess what gender this person happens to be? Female, thus rendering your statement invalid.

0x5, I'm not joking.
Well, you should bring said individual to us to learn more, although judging by some of the people here, that might not be the best idea. Razz
somehow, I feel that sarcasm was directed to me... Razz
qazz42 wrote:
somehow, I feel that sarcasm was directed to me... Razz
No, actually, just at the general userbase. At any rate, I'm excited that information about Doors CS is being spread by word-of-mouth; that's exactly what I need.
How would you guys feel if I told you that my university has more female cs majors than male? Smile
lafferjm wrote:
How would you guys feel if I told you that my university has more female cs majors than male? Smile
I'd be skeptical, but not terribly surprised, given that many universities are doing a gender-based affirmative action type thing with their engineering and CS departments these days. Why are none of them here asking for programming assistance to help balance out our truly laughable ratio?
Can't remember the name of it, but some kind of honor society tutoring. And the acm club where oddly enough there are once again more chicks than guys.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

welcome to cemetech

0x5, I'm not joking.

I am friends with three girls, two of whom already know TI-Basic (one of them knows asm too which means she tops me) and another who asked me to teach her.
I want to trade... Why cant I have smart computer savvy girls in my school?
ACagliano, that's generally rare, so good for you. One day I'd like to read more studies on why exactly science believes that there's such a gender imbalance in technical fields, whether it's the result of nature or nurture.
On my forums there are 4 girl members, but none of them ever touched a calculator before. They never post either. I know one of them did Super Mario World SNES music hacking, though. Snake_X might know who I am talking about (if he actually frequents Cemetech).
well, for me it is because the girls are too busy trying to be pretty and "impress" the cool guys..

I hope that once they lrn to grow up, then I might know some who are in the tech field
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
On my forums there are 4 girl members, but none of them ever touched a calculator before. They never post either. I know one of them did Super Mario World SNES music hacking, though. Snake_X might know who I am talking about (if he actually frequents Cemetech).
I know of at least four females with Cemetech accounts, but none of them are active, and none of them have done calculator coding, so I don't really consider them members. Smile
In my case, there's a friend from Cooliojazz and his sister. His sister lurked on the forums for several months and sometimes joined IRC, but she seemed mostly interested in the Randomness section (quite strange, considering it's invisible to guests). Besides that we had that girl that did SMW hacking, who used to come on our IRC channel regularly and sometimes participated into discussions, but never got into calc programming. Besides that there was another girl I forgot about, who posted two math projects she was working on, but she stopped frequenting the site. Maybe people scared her away x.x

So yeah, they aren't really real members, to be honest.
I'd believe that the other members scared her away; that's why I was cautioning that it's probably not a great idea to invite the female calculator programmers to the communities in the first place. I think that many of the members, no disrespect intended, would tend to be, shall we say, overenthusiastic.
Yeah. This is what happened I think with the one we had that was active. The SMW girl seemed to be fine with it, but she had other unrelated issues which caused her to go inactive and only be able to focus on SMWCentral community.

Usually people are like "OMG A GIRL ON A CALCULATOR FORUM!!!". I and some others tried to calm them down but it might have been too late. The girl may have felt uncomfortable or scared of being asked for a date online or something, I don't know.
I don't think I'd blame her, personally. Smile Anywho, I guess I should probably consider splitting this topic in the near future or at least trying to get it somewhat back on-topic.
Lol, this post has a topic.
lafferjm wrote:
0x5, this post has a topic.
Well, it's supposed to be about clarifying how to get Doors CS onto your calculator.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours