I spy with my little eye the room in which I'm working and the computer on which I'm typing right now! Epic win, my good sir Elfprince. Smile
No progress on the missing faces front, but I do have the proper textures being searched and loaded. On a semi-downside, it appears that the texture coordinates are looking a bit funkalicious.

Anyway, bed.
Indeed, I can tell because the red "null" part of one of the textures is showing on the right front speaker, and the photos on my bulletin board are afk.
Hmmm, I made some improvements on this front (and didn't actually go to bed, bad me). I was using the wrong set of indices into the texgen equation arrays, but textures still appear to be scaled at least semi-incorrectly, and are upside down in several places. http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9022/screenshot20101025at218.png
Awesome updates! Smile

I'm getting pretty excited. Especially with the proposed BSP support, which will allow me to make some pretty epic maps, since I have extensive experience with Hammer Very Happy

Great work on the progress so far, elf!

Hope you solve the mystery behind the missing faces Evil or Very Mad
Hehe, nice one, DShiznit! Smile Swivelgames, you and me both. Elfprince, I hope the missing faces problem appears soon, and that the texture mapping coordinates aren't too hard to resolve.
Elf, this looks spectacular. You're making awesome progress, especially considering you have school and whatnot to contend with. Keep it up!!
KermMartian wrote:
Hehe, nice one, DShiznit! Smile Swivelgames, you and me both. Elfprince, I hope the missing faces problem appears soon, and that the texture mapping coordinates aren't too hard to resolve.

I'm not entirely sure how to go about tracking this down, but we'll see. I'll probably count primitives in-engine and in-plugin to get an idea of where the discrepancy is occurring.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I'm not entirely sure how to go about tracking this down, but we'll see. I'll probably count primitives in-engine and in-plugin to get an idea of where the discrepancy is occurring.
Well, that sounds like a good place to start, at least. I hope it helps. Smile
There seems to be a few surfaces that are still experiencing distortion, but I do seem to have at least gotten the orientation correct.

Still working on figuring out where those tris got to.
Epic. Hope you get it fully working soon Smile
Epic progress continues! Lighting is still turned off, by the way, right?
KermMartian wrote:

Correct. I'm reading in the lightmap texture coordinates, and the images that are used for lightmaps, but not making use of them at this point (though I do set up the texture-blending states that would be used if we had lit lightmaps).
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Correct. I'm reading in the lightmap texture coordinates, and the images that are used for lightmaps, but not making use of them at this point (though I do set up the texture-blending states that would be used if we had lit lightmaps).
Very good, then carry on with debugging. Smile I would offer a spare set of eyes, but for one it would probably take a long time to get up to speed on all the necessary fundamentals, and for another I'm rather drowning in schoolwork at the moment. Smile
Wish I could help. Keep up the good work, Elfy!

It looks like it's coming out pretty well Smile

p.s. I noticed Eisley in your sig!! Very Happy It's always awesome to see my cousin's band's name around! ^^,
When you get this done, could you please start developing the game for real?
SpaceNinja wrote:
When you get this done, could you please start developing the game for real?
He is developing the game for real, he is reworking the graphics engine of the game so that it will be faster and better as well as supporting the features of newer graphics cards without losing compatibility with older cards. I you are in such a rush for FreeBuild why not offer the help them, if you can't do that you have no right to be claiming they are not working on the game "for real."
calc84maniac wrote:
HIDE YO KIDS HIDE YO WIFE.

But seriously, SpaceNinja, I don't think you understand how key what Elfprince is doing is, how technically challenging, and how rewarding it's going to be for end-users (players) when he finishes.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours