How do you create pictures on the sourcecoder calculator?
You don't. You make the PNG's in a picture editor (like MSPaint) and convert them.
You can't. The best thing to use would be Paint (provided with Microsoft Windows). If you run linux, just find a random image editor. Remember though, that the screen is 96x64 pixels tall.

Edit: Ninja'd!
_player1537 wrote:
You can't. The best thing to use would be Paint (provided with Microsoft Windows). If you run linux, just find a random image editor. Remember though, that the screen is 96x64 pixels tall.

Edit: Ninja'd!
Yup, just use paint to make a 96x64-pixel PNG, GIF, or BMP image. You can then upload that to SourceCoder, and SourceCoder can generate a .8xi file from it.
k im ready to put what i got on video so i can post it on youtube for someone. how do i do that? ive already got camstudio, what next?

the project ive been working on that is.
adamac15 wrote:
k im ready to put what i got on video so i can post it on youtube for someone. how do i do that? ive already got camstudio, what next?

the project ive been working on that is.
If it's a calculator project that you want to take a video of, then use WabbitEmu:

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4610
k. so now how do i send a file from sourcecoder to wabbitemu?
Download the file and send it to Wabbit. There's no Internet to Wabbit. Internet > Computer > Wabbit.
adamac15 wrote:
k. so now how do i send a file from sourcecoder to wabbitemu?
In SourceCoder, choose Export to .8xp and save the file. You can then browse to the folder where you saved the .8xp file, and just drag it onto WabbitEmu's screen.
A much better explanation by Kerm! Heh.
comicIDIOT wrote:
A much better explanation by Kerm! Heh.
You had it correct; I just added some more detail. Smile
k i done that now what?
adamac15 wrote:
k i done that now what?
What do you mean? Is WabbitEmu running? Are you at the homescreen? The screenshot key is [backspace], then you choose a filename, then backspace stops the screenshot when you're done.
Yes it is running. Just a blank screen. and i put the file on it. and now the screen is glowing blue. sorry for asking a lot of questions, but im new at this. (video wise anyway)
adamac15 wrote:
Yes it is running. Just a blank screen. and i put the file on it.
What calculator model are you running? You'll have to dump a ROM image from your real calculator, you know, right?
KermMartian wrote:
adamac15 wrote:
Yes it is running. Just a blank screen. and i put the file on it.
What calculator model are you running? You'll have to dump a ROM image from your real calculator, you know, right?

TI-84 Plus. no i did not know that. and i dont have a calculator. thats why im using SourceCoder.
k ive opened the game in wabbitemu. ive tryed to run it but it said

prgmKFloat>>DegreeAnsrandM(1

wtf?
adamac15 wrote:
k ive opened the game in wabbitemu. ive tryed to run it but it said

prgmKFloat>>DegreeAnsrandM(1

wtf?
That means that in SourceCoder, under the name field, you typed Name instead of NAME. The TI-OS can't understand program names that aren't ALLUPPERCASE.
k got that straightened out. now i think im ready to make the video. how do i do that?
adamac15 wrote:
k got that straightened out. now i think im ready to make the video. how do i do that?
Set up the program in WabbitEmu, press [backspace] to start recording, then do what you have to do, and press [backspace] to finish the recording. The result will be an animated .gif file in the same directory as WabbitEmu.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours