tifreak8x wrote:
The absolute worst physical pain when my back suddenly developed a baseball sized knot just above one of my ribs and spine. That was quite crippling. The closest to that was probably the time I sprained both my ankles at once. That sure did suck.

Ouch. That is horrible. My mom goes through that.
@Pseudo: Oh man, I'm in pain just reading the last paragraph of your post. >_< Ouch.
The worst pain in my life probably had to be the pain caused by my spinal tap 2 years ago. Not the procedure itself, mind you, with the drugs I was on, that was actually quite pleasant. What really got me was the intense back pain that night when the la la juice wore off. I was taking Tylenol and Ibuprofen like candy for weeks.

A close second would have to be the first time I had blood drawn at an intercity hospital...
DShiznit wrote:
A close second would have to be the first time I had blood drawn at an intercity hospital...
*Inner-city hospital? Or did you mean intercity? And why so painful?
whatever you call the rundown ones here in the subburbs. They were absolutely terrible at their job and it hurt like fsck...
ACH! I TOTALLY forgot about this one time where I was doing stuff for this competition. the thing I had to do involved circuts and stuff.

I had a lamp lightbulb, a plug and socket, and a battery

I hooked them all together, the light went on...

I attempted to unhook the battery BEFORE unplugging the circuit from the house current

ZAP!

electrocuted... I still have nightmares
qazz42 wrote:
ACH! I TOTALLY forgot about this one time where I was doing stuff for this competition. the thing I had to do involved circuts and stuff.

I had a lamp lightbulb, a plug and socket, and a battery

I hooked them all together, the light went on...

I attempted to unhook the battery BEFORE unplugging the circuit from the house current

ZAP!

electrocuted... I still have nightmares
Um, you were connecting the battery to household current? You're lucky you didn't end up with massive chemical burns and permanent blindness from the battery exploding.
err, the battery didnt explode... it just gave me a bad shock when trying to unhook it

the battery did shit btw, it was just there to complete the current
Right, and he's saying you're luck for that.
O_O

Thhhis is why I dont play with electricity anymore..
It's only electrocution if you're killed.
merthsoft wrote:
Right, and he's saying you're luck for that.
Indeed, if you had accidentally shorted across the lightbulb, then the 120V running through the battery would have made it explode and probably severely injure you. I'm saying you're lucky that didn't happen. I fault your parents for letting you play with mains current. Sad
O_O

wait, it didnt even heat up, I think that I had a current controling device, but I dont remember
I got electrocuted once:

I was plugging it a guitar amp when I was in fourth grade, and someone was talking to me while I was plugging it in. I accidentally touched the plugs' prongs while it was in the socket, and my hand vibrated. Luckily I didn't have any injuries Very Happy
Mine would be that of being run over by two horses, trust me electric fence and a 2nd degree burn to the inner thigh do not compare to it. I was 6 and me and my uncle and mom when to view a few outside stalls. So we could get an idea for are new stall that we where going to put in. Well the horse go excited and well I was in the field and got run over.
qazz42 wrote:
O_O

wait, it didnt even heat up, I think that I had a current controling device, but I dont remember
Yeah, it didn't heat up because you had it in series with the mains, and the lightbulb was absorbing (120+battery) volts. Take out the light bulb, and 120 volts gets dissipated through the battery == heat, rapid expansion, and ignition, aka explosion and fire. This is BAD.

@Souvik: I got shocked by a poorly-wired socket once. Sad Oh, I also got a BAD shock from a camera flash capacitor despite my attempts to avoid that.

@Zerocode: Ooooh, sorry to hear it. Sad
yep, I had shit... Thank god I unplugged after! I could have been dead
This, for real, is

Emotional:
My cousin Michael died last year in a car accident, texting his girlfriend.

Physical: I dropped 185lbs on my wrist doing squats in wrestling.

Also, I was shocked in my basement after lifting weights. We have an old tv in my basement that is missing the on/off button, and we used a screwdriver instead. I was tired after benching, went to turn off the tv, held onto the metal house support for, well, support, stood in the puddle my AC was leaking, and accidentally touched the metal part of the scredriver.. I was immobilized for a good 3 or 4 seconds before i yanked my hand out. It was some scary shit.
argh, texting while driving has killed another person Sad

sry to hear
Yeah, it was 3 am, he was texting his girlfriend, took his eyes off of the road to text her saying "haha I'm texting and driving" when he hit a high curb, was shot off into a pole, sheared the pole, and sent the car spinning in the air onto the highway next to the road. he was thrown out of the car while it was spinning. It kills me anytime I hear the song Knockin on Heaven's door because it was his favorite song....

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours