:Text(21,1,"Tin(IV)--Sn"
:Text(35,1,"Roman Numerals indicate"
:Text(42,1,"charge"
:
:Pause
:Goto 00
:

the domain err is under P2 Sectio
[Qazz, that's not a very nice way to welcome a new user. Please be more polite or face one of your three official warnings.

--Kerm]
Welcome to Cemetech, hr088730! I'm afraid you've put this under the wrong subforum; FB is a game. I have moved it to the TI-BASIC subforum, which is more appropriate for this. In addition, when you copy code from SourceCoder, please use the BBCode (phpBB) section, and retain the SourceCoder copyright line. Smile The problem line is this one:

Code:
:Text(60,1,"More"

The maximum Y coordinate of text is 57, because the LCD is 64 pixels tall, you get 63 of them, and text is 6 pixels tall.
hmm, that kills 2 birds with 1 stone, I was always wondering why my text() command would get me random Domain errors...
qazz42 wrote:
hmm, that kills 2 birds with 1 stone, I was always wondering why my text() command would get me random Domain errors...

Lol qazz, the easiest fix I have found is start with the first, add 6 to the y coordinate, and so on, it has yet to fail me.
qazz42 wrote:
Wait, really? I'm glad to have been able to educate you, then. Interestingly enough, you can fit exact 10 lines of text on the screen, at Y values 0, 6, 12, 18, ... 54 without running out of room.
thanks for all the help, I'm a new user as well as a new programmer
hr088730 wrote:
That's great to hear; I'm glad that you found Cemetech. It would also seem that you found the SourceCoder tool. Have you checked out Doors CS 7 yet? If you haven't, I (much-biasedly) recommend it.

To solve this, you'll just have to put less text on the screen, move everything up, or move the lines closer together.
hr088730 wrote:

Ask all the questions and help you need. In fact, I was in your position about 3 months ago.

KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Wait, really? I'm glad to have been able to educate you, then. Interestingly enough, you can fit exact 10 lines of text on the screen, at Y values 0, 6, 12, 18, ... 54 without running out of room.

Hmm, I didn't count off, but I didn't know that it would fit 10 either, interesting.
welcome to cemetech, do excuse my rather cold first words Wink

(rule: don't double post unless there is a 12/24 hour gap in-between posts, use the edit button) I know, you have not, but it seems all of out newbies make that mistake first Smile

anywho, enjoy your stay, and I hope you learn a lot from here (god knows I did...)
qazz42 wrote:
welcome to cemetech, do excuse my rather cold first words Wink

(rule: don't double post unless there is a 12/24 hour gap in-between posts, use the edit button) I know, you have not, but it seems all of out newbies make that mistake first Smile

anywho, enjoy your stay, and I hope you learn a lot from here (god knows I did...)

Qazz, you forgot to mention my amazing accomplishment of triple posting in about 2 hours worth of time. ( I still don't know how I managed that one)
I'm happy to hear it, qazz42, I hope we continue to teach you lots, and I hope we also continue to learn from you. hr088730, as Sonlen said, please continue to ask us for help, either here or in other topics, stick around, and chat with us on SAX. Smile
hmm, I hope it wont be like with program4, it took him a month before talking on SAX
He, hr088730, has already chatted on SAX Smile
ah, yeah, forgot x.x

/me wishes there were cemetech peanuts
Thanks for all the help, I'll finish up my prgm tomorrow and let u guys know if I have any probs
good luck, I assume this program is for chemistry?
how'd u know haha lol and yes it is, this program will give me the name of some of the polyatomic and monatomic ions for a quiz
hmm, does your teacher wipe memory before the test?

some do that to make sure the students arent using some programs to *help* them >.>

<.<
qazz42 wrote:
ah, yeah, forgot x.x

/me wishes there were cemetech peanuts
Then you should create a similar meme for Cemetech, albeit not one stolen from another site. Smile

@hr088730: Make sure that it is acceptable for you to be using your program on the quiz; I don't condone cheating.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours