Tomorrow is 9/11. It's also my little brother's birthday, so people look at us funny when we go to Chuck E. Cheese's. However, what I'm sure most of us think about is the atrocity that occurred 9 years ago, when a group of militant Islamic Extremists hijacked airplanes and flew them into two of the tallest buildings on Earth. Where were you guys when you first heard the news? I was at school, from which I got sent home early, and(and I'm not making this up) proceeded to throw toy airplanes at lego buildings(if that's not an early sign of a serial killer, I don't know what is). What were you doing on that dreadful day?
I was at daycare. And my parents had picked me up early too.
In the living room about to go to class.
At home, watching T.V. when my parents came in and changed the channel.
i had just woke up and was walking into the kitchen when i first heard about it. but i was only 6 at the time, so i didn;t really understand what was happening
I was at preschool, and I didn't know what had happened until I was 6 or 7.
I was starting my first day of high school that Tuesday; I was about six or seven miles away in the middle of Manhattan. It was a very scary day, even for a high school student who didn't really know what was going on. We had Wednesday off, but it was back to business as usual on Thursday.
I was in my seventh grade english class.
I was in my seventh grade science class, english class, and social studies classes during the attacks.
CDI wrote:
I was in my seventh grade science class, english class, and social studies classes during the attacks.
Wait, you and lafferjm are both two years below me? I thought you were much older than lafferjm bsparks.
like I said on other forum, I was in middle school, teachers were attempting to teach me crap...they showed the news report on every classroom tv in the school. (all the rooms had attached to the wall with cable hookup)
KermMartian wrote:
CDI wrote:
Wait, you and lafferjm are both two years below me? I thought you were much older than lafferjm bsparks.

Nope, I'm only 21.
Err, about a week before 9/11 my dad took me out on a fun day in the city

at the end I had a choice

ride the subway
go to the world trade center

because of my fear of heights, I rode the subway
qazz42 wrote:
Err, about a week before 9/11 my dad took me out on a fun day in the city

at the end I had a choice

ride the subway
go to the world trade center

because of my fear of heights, I rode the subway
Related fun fact, I went to the top of the World Trade Center with my mother on Mother's Day about four years before 9/11.
At school. They stopped the student radio to keep us updated on that news all day long and there were people starting rumors about planes coming right here and Quebec city buildings
Meh, I was 4 when 9/11 happened, all I remember was "YAY! NO MORE SCHOOL"

if I knew better on what happened, I would have been crying
qazz42 wrote:
Meh, I was 4 when 9/11 happened, all I remember was "YAY! NO MORE SCHOOL"

if I knew better on what happened, I would have been crying

Same here, I didn't realize what happened until I was like 6 or 7.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
At school. They stopped the student radio to keep us updated on that news all day long and there were people starting rumors about planes coming right here and Quebec city buildings
Whoa, that's pretty scary too. O_o We couldn't see it from our building, but we could hear all the military fighter jets making passes over the city. Chrystina's school was in Brooklyn that year, so they literally saw the two planes crash into the towers and the towers fall. That must have been particularly traumatic.
Yeah I admit I was a bit scared that day. I was surprised they didn't sent all students back home, considering that on the Summit of Americas in Quebec city in 2001, they announced the day before that schools would be exceptionally closed for security reasons, even if my city is separated by a 1 km large river from Quebec city. There were even police motorcycles on the streets that day and during the Summit of America day before, something I never saw happen before.
i still went to school, but i lived on the other side of the country at that time (California)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours