Now that I'm done working on Clash 1, I am going to start on Clash II!
This game is going to pick up where Clash of Dimensions left off. However, this one will be a little different, I am recruiting a team of people to work on this with me!

People I would need:
Artist
(maybe) Programmer
Writer (Not until Clash I is released)
And plenty of Beta testers!

The language is most likely going to be Hybrid BASIC, with the DCS libs like the 1st. Anybody interested?
I'm extremely interested in this! I'd be happy to do some occasional artistry if you'd like.
i would help with the Programming part if you need someone Very Happy this would help me get warmed up again for my own game since its been a little bit since i last programmed. if you dont end up needing one, ill help with the beta testing Very Happy
Rhombus P. wrote:
i would help with the Programming part if you need someone Very Happy this would help me get warmed up again for my own game since its been a little bit since i last programmed. if you dont end up needing one, ill help with the beta testing Very Happy
You should also see if you can't learn some of the DCSB Libs if you haven't already, Rhombus P. Wink
@KermM: That would be so sweet. Like the other game, all artwork will be in a separate file, called upon when it needs to be drawn and copied to a pic.

@Rhombus P: I could always use a help with programming, and beta testing too.
EpicFail, I might only have time to draw up the concepts instead of that and coding the artwork as well; would that still be helpful or not as much?
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
@KermM: That would be so sweet. Like the other game, all artwork will be in a separate file, called upon when it needs to be drawn and copied to a pic.

@Rhombus P: I could always use a help with programming, and beta testing too.

im happy to help Very Happy

Quote:

You should also see if you can't learn some of the DCSB Libs if you haven't already, Rhombus P.

thats a good idea Kerm Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
EpicFail, I might only have time to draw up the concepts instead of that and coding the artwork as well; would that still be helpful or not as much?

Yeah, anything is helpful! Once I get a writer, he can get a story going, you could review and draw some concepts, then I could have a calc-artist code it.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Yeah, anything is helpful! Once I get a writer, he can get a story going, you could review and draw some concepts, then I could have a calc-artist code it.
Awesome, just want to make sure I'm not making more work for you rather than less. Wink Even though you're not going to set out any storyline specifics, I presume you're planning for it to flow from the end of Clash of Dimension I rather than start anew?
Yes, starting exactly where the 1st ended. What happens after doesn't matter too me, that's why I'm getting a writer.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Yes, starting exactly where the 1st ended. What happens after doesn't matter too me, that's why I'm getting a writer.
Gotcha, that's a great idea. I don't think any of my games have ever really had an original storyline of any sort, so I'm afraid I can't help you there.
No problem, most of my games have a sort of "backbone" storyline. When I program, I usually just wing it from there. Whatever inspiration comes, I use.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
No problem, most of my games have a sort of "backbone" storyline. When I program, I usually just wing it from there. Whatever inspiration comes, I use.
And from where do you usually draw your sources of inspiration, recent books, movies, TV shows, or just your imagination?
KermMartian wrote:
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
And from where do you usually draw your sources of inspiration, recent books, movies, TV shows, or just your imagination?

Well, I'm not that imaginative on my own, there is actually a HUGE story behind the creation of Clash of Dimensions, dating back years in terms of inspiration, but that's a story for another day.

Most of my inspiration comes from video games, music, and books. Anything I find interesting at the time. It usually gets stuck in my head, and the only way to get it out is programming it or getting a new idea stuck in my head.
Huh, music, I never would have thought of that. The extent of my imagination when it comes to music is that certain songs that polay on my MP3 player while I'm walking around for fun or on errands make me think they'd work well in an epic dramatic scene in a movie about my life. Laughing

Do you plan for Clash of Dimensions II to be about the same size and length as CoD I?
Well, I consider music to be a huge part of my life. For every situation, I have a song to match it. Very Happy

I plan for the length to be a bit more, while the size will be a bit less.

Now that there is no time limit, I can sit down and concentrate on effective, optimized programming more.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
Well, I consider music to be a huge part of my life. For every situation, I have a song to match it. Very Happy

I plan for the length to be a bit more, while the size will be a bit less.

Now that there is no time limit, I can sit down and concentrate on effective, optimized programming more.
That's excellent to hear, and always something to be strived for. I suppose it behooves me to finish up the grading sooner rather than later so that you can start this project. Smile Any possible concept art in the meantime?
>_> Well if you could..... *drops that line and walks away*

As for concept art, I could probably get some done in a bit, I'll post what I got tomorrow.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
>_> Well if you could..... *drops that line and walks away*

As for concept art, I could probably get some done in a bit, I'll post what I got tomorrow.
Hehe: re: "if you could". Sounds like a plan regarding concept art. I'd be happy to try to make a titlescreen or something if that would be helpful, just to warm up my graphics-making skills.
Yeah sure, you can do a title screen whenever you get some free time. Style doesn't really matter, as long as it has the "Clash of Dimensions II", "New Game,", "Load Game", and "Quit". Some nice inverted text sounds nice too, if at all possible.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours