» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Without the contest, I wouldn't of had a project, think of that!
KeithJohansen wrote:
No, we would just end up with a contest where the results take half a year to come out because you'll be busy with PhD stuffs and the other judges will be busy with regular classwork Razz

Oh, and too many contests get old fast.
Also excellent points; I always tend to spend too much time on the community and not enough on my real life. Sad
I multi task, friends, family, and cemetech all at once! Not hard to do, although if you can't handle it there are some bad results.
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
I multi task, friends, family, and cemetech all at once! Not hard to do, although if you can't handle it there are some bad results.
True story. Being an administrator of a website is a much larger time drain, though. Wink

Quote:
Without the contest, I wouldn't of had a project, think of that!
Well, then I'm very happy to have had a contest for your and my sake both!
Hmm, I hope I survive HS long enough to see the results Razz
qazz42 wrote:
Hmm, I hope I survive HS long enough to see the results Razz
I'm not sure which I'm more worried about, that the contest might take four years to grade, or that you might not last through a week of high school. Laughing
Lol the second Razz

Anywho, TI-Mail would not have been this awsome if it wasnt for the contest pushing me to make it better and better
qazz42 wrote:
0x5 the second Razz

Anywho, TI-Mail would not have been this awsome if it wasnt for the contest pushing me to make it better and better
Heh, not to mention everyone suggesting you make more attractive GUIs and have fewer spelling and grammatical errors. Wink
Smile good point
qazz42 wrote:
Sad good point
That doesn't deserve a frowny face, it deserves a smiley face! Now you know to check more carefully for those kinds of things next time. Smile That's why being on Cemetech is a learning experience.
Razz I meant a happy face

thanks guys for all of your input, I managed to make TI-Mail great
qazz42 wrote:
Razz I meant a happy face

thanks guys for all of your input, I managed to make TI-Mail great
Indeed, everyone made awesome programs, regardless of what happens with the outcome of the contest. We just have to put them in order from super-awesome to merely really awesome, unfortunately. Sad
We can consider mine merely really awesome, because after seeing these super-awesome projects, I should have spent some more time buffin mine up instead of just throwing it together in an hour. hahaha Razz.
Hey.

Throwing stuff together in an hour (or less) can be epic in my case. Razz
Raylin wrote:
Hey.

Throwing stuff together in an hour (or less) can be epic in my case. Razz
Haha Raylin. Svakk, yours was the first entry by many many weeks, so you got an extra pat on the back for that. Smile
Excelente!
And Kerm, your the Java Guru right?

I having trouble with the "String stringname2 = stringname.replace("", "")" feature, and in a few days if my problem persists I may be requesting your assistance.
Sure thing, I'd be happy to do what I can. I don't know if I'd exactly call myself a literal guru, but I teach the class from the beginner through the advanced level, and I can write moderately tight code in it, so I guess I have some experience. Wink
Kerm, are the contest results being announced tomorrow?
Qazz42: 2^10 posts!
Me thinks so
qazz42 wrote:
Me thinks so
Happy 2^10th posts!

The results are being announced tomorrow if Rivereye finished his grading tomorrow and we have enough time to merge the rankings and choose the winners. However, I know he's very busy, so no guarantees.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours