I wonder what's for dinnnneeerrr.
Rhombus P. wrote:
how are the maps stored in the program ZMAP?

is it possible that you load the whole map to the matrix before you start drawing it?

call ZMAP once and save map to matix

use the pre loaded matrix to draw map

EDIT: 0x5 nevermind

BASIC Code wrote:
:[[1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1][1,1,1,1,2,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1][1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1][1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1][0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0][1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1][1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1][1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1→[A]
:[[1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,1,1][1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,1,1][0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1][0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,1,0,0,0,1][0,0,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0][0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,1,0,0,0,1][0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1][1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1→[B]
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005-2010 Cemetech

Here is the code for ZMAP.
Sonlen wrote:
Ohhh, I didn't realise it was in the loop >.<
Ah, ok. Rhombus P. and I both thought that it was intentional and were suggesting moving it out. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
Ohhh, I didn't realise it was in the loop >.<
Ah, ok. Rhombus P. and I both thought that it was intentional and were suggesting moving it out. Smile

lol ya, looks much faster now

for the direction detection, only update K when on of the direction keys are pressed, that way it wont be overwritten be 0 every time that getkey is executed. the code that i gave you should work because it just loops until a key is pressed. then you will just have to test the var to see what button it is
I definitely agree with Rhombus; that will remove a lot of that annoying flashing. I see that you haven't yet implemented collision detection; is that in the plans somewhere?
KermMartian wrote:
I definitely agree with Rhombus; that will remove a lot of that annoying flashing. I see that you haven't yet implemented collision detection; is that in the plans somewhere?

It is in, the C was to represent the Cave that you get the wooden sword from, when I get the cave accessible, it will teleport you there.
Ahhh, gotcha. Too bad the union symbol (an upside-down U) isn't available; I feel like that would make an even more appropriate cave entrance symbol.
KermMartian wrote:
Ahhh, gotcha. Too bad the union symbol (an upside-down U) isn't available; I feel like that would make an even more appropriate cave entrance symbol.

Is it an actual character on the calc?
If it is, I am sure there is a way to find it.
No, it's a math symbol, but since the TI-83+/84+ series can't do set logic, it's not included as a symbol. If you want to see all the possible characters, check this out:

http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/83lgfont
KermMartian wrote:
No, it's a math symbol, but since the TI-83+/84+ series can't do set logic, it's not included as a symbol. If you want to see all the possible characters, check this out:

http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/83lgfont

Can DCS7 use hex sprites as a char in the home screen if it fits?
Let's see, you'd probably have to use the DCSB Libs' Homescreen-to-Graphscreen function. There's a bunch of ways you could try it; I'm not sure which would work the best.
For caverns I generally prefer using the substraction symbol "-" for the door, personally. Idk, I feel it looks more like the entrance/exit to something.

This is what I will call my first bit of "real" progress.
Awesome, congrats! I'd say that the rendering speed is pretty decent too, don't you think?
This looks good so far, I'm looking forward to playing this. What are you using for collision detection, or have you not implemented this yet?
xXEpicxXXxFailXx wrote:
This looks good so far, I'm looking forward to playing this. What are you using for collision detection, or have you not implemented this yet?

I have Collision Detection going, and it works, and I also have it so that every screen has 2 vars telling it where on the map it is at, and when you reach the end of the screen, it updates those vars to the screen's coordinate's and loads that from a subprogram.
And Kerm, I am sure I won't get the screen loading any faster then that.
I plan on getting every single map accesible before I implement enemies considering the maps are all going to be in subprograms.
I guess not. Sad If you were storing the whole map in one massive string, you could do 16-character substrings, but I guess that's not feasible with your current setup.
KermMartian wrote:
I guess not. Sad If you were storing the whole map in one massive string, you could do 16-character substrings, but I guess that's not feasible with your current setup.

Lets do the math really fast, so far I have counted 365 rooms, that doesn't count the sidescrolling view ones, I am estimating with those about 380 rooms, 380*16*8=48640 characters for the game.
Forgot to mention that I would have to make a new output code to do that.
Well, you'd have to break up the 365 rooms into several substrings of maybe 5K or 8K or something. Smile It wouldn't be terrible.
Imo, I'd rather have both a matrix and a string, the string holding the stuff you display, and then the matrix holding the data like it is already. Then to display a new map, you just output(1,1,<128 character string>). That will speed it up quite a bit Very Happy. Other than that, looks great so far, good luck with the rest of it Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours