That's what I meant, when will the user statistics be added back into the profile page?
It's hard to say. All the code for it is there, my only suspicion is that when Kerm & I updated the profile pages on the "desktop" version, we may have broke all the others.

Except, that isn't helping explain why the text isn't showing up, not just statistics. I'll look into it, comparing variables from C6M to C6 and see what matches and what doesn't.

Update: I'm not sure why profiles aren't accessible from posts. I'll have to fix that in the process.

Another self note, "Message Body" appears in the post deletion page. that should be removed.
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
I don't believe we did.

Unrelated, I assume we could set a database value in the profile that enables or disables Mobile Browsing when applicable. It'd be as easy as unchecking it when mobile to disable C6M permanently for that user until it's rechecked.
To make sure we're on the same page, so that I can run this at low priority in one of my background threads and perhaps come up with a solution, we want to eliminate browser agent-based (and profile-based) toggling of Cemetech6mobile, correct? Instead, we want www.cemetech.net to always show whatever theme the user has chosen (or Cemetech6 for guests and bots) and m.cemetech.net to always show the Cemetech6mobile theme regardless of the users' chosen theme?
Why the heck did I not see the obvious solution? Am I brain-damaged? This is done.
Do you mind if I ask how and do I need to implement any links on C6M's end?

Update:
Not sure that's an end all solution. If I were to link to a post within this website, say yours above by using http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=174441#174441, I'll get directed to the non-mobile site. I still believe we need a new column in the DB that dignifies whether or not a user wants to be in the mobile site from a mobile device. Some PHP script can be whipped up and a link to call it from both the browser and the mobile site. Allowing users to switch between both on their mobile device.
All links of the form "/folder/page.ext" or "page.ext" within the site should work properly. Isn't that what we had wanted? A few pages and months ago we said we wanted exactly what I implemented here, I thought...?
I know an m.cemetech.net was desired by many. But I think it's way to static. If a mobile device stumbles onto cemetech.net, the user won't try m.cemetech.net. I think it's important we direct all mobile traffic through C6M, and let users (and visitors opt out).

Also, since most of us browse on the Desktop version we leave links to the desktop version of the site in posts. So, those now open only in regular cemetech opposed to C6M.

I was thinking we could take the user-agent detection we were using before, and use it to add a small bar at the top of non-mobile pages being viewed on mobile devices, something along the lines of "You seem to be using a mobile device. Want to view the mobile version of this page?"
It would be awfully cumbersome for the user to click that after each link clicked. Links generated by the server (i.e. navigation) will all work correctly each time but to click "View Mobile Site" each time someone visits a link to Cemetech posted by a member on the forums would defeat the purpose of the mobile site, since the initiative was to make browsing on a mobile device fast and easy.
robots.txt for m.cemetech.net. It is beginning to displace relevant results from Cemetech on Google.
elfprince13 wrote:
robots.txt for m.cemetech.net. It is beginning to displace relevant results from Cemetech on Google.

Mostly because spiders are forced into C6M no matter what, a side-affect not previously recognized. It seems it's another reason to put C6M and Cemetech6 under the same URL and let user-agent strings and scripts define which version to display.
Clevertude added with .htaccess to temporarily alleviate the m.cemetech.net problem while we get robots to the right place:

http://m.cemetech.net/robots.txt

I believe that bots see C6, not C6m...
KermMartian wrote:
I was thinking we could take the user-agent detection we were using before, and use it to add a small bar at the top of non-mobile pages being viewed on mobile devices, something along the lines of "You seem to be using a mobile device. Want to view the mobile version of this page?"

Again, I think that would be awfully cumbersome. Why can't a link on C6M point to C6? Then eventually we can tie it to a cookie to keep the preferred view saved.
Can we at the very least make sure we stop redirecting bots to C6M? Pretty much everything Cemetech related I search for on Google is bringing me to the mobile site.
elfprince13 wrote:
Can we at the very least make sure we stop redirecting bots to C6M? Pretty much everything Cemetech related I search for on Google is bringing me to the mobile site.
Are you sure about that? The robots.txt for m.cemetech.net should be forbidding it at this point.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Are you sure about that? The robots.txt for m.cemetech.net should be forbidding it at this point.

Well it may just take a while to get back to normal. If you are using Google's Webmaster Tools, you ought to be able to request a re-indexing.
And indeed I am, and indeed I did right after I blacklisted m.cemetech.net. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
And indeed I am, and indeed I did right after I blacklisted m.cemetech.net. Smile

Looks like they're just lazy then.
So, when will C6M be working properly for normal mobile users?
Pop-out SAX is broken for C6M. I blame Kerm's "Switch to Desktop View" button Smile

Edit: Beyond that, could the color scheme be changed? I'm going to play with the colors for a bit and try to find something that looks nice. Also, could any:
Code:
overflow: scroll;
be removed? It adds scrollbars that don't look very good, compared to the rest of the page.
Is this all for Pop-out SAX?

Color Scheme of C6M? I think it's best if it stays Traditional Red & Gray but since there's about four colors in the whole theme I don't see the harm in expending the option for user selected colors or choosing a few select color themes. I'll run this past Kerm but it's something I'm not keen myself on changing.

Where do the scroll bars show? The pages should have any horizontal scroll bars. If you're referring to the code boxes I must enthusiastically comment: OH MY GOD, IT WORKS. Because I haven't been successful at getting the long, single lines to break/scroll.

Page 12 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours