The first part is unintentional, that's your device restricting uploads from within the browser.

The first part is an oversight, I must not have updated the template on that page. I'll get to it after work in a few hours.
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6968&highlight=

In that topic, the second code box is indented more than the others. Also, on the first page, there is the odd quoting bug, which is: the word "Quote" turns white. I saw it at the bottom of the first page of this topic.
There's only one page and no code boxes, did you mean to post the "Yeong RPG" topic?
Yup. He deleted the post boxes. In hindsight, I should have quoted him :/
Do you know if there was anything different at the end if the code box or happen to have it far enough back in your history to find the details?
Out of curiosity, have we verified that the blank post error with broken BBCode happens on the mobile template as well as the standard Cemetech6 template? I can't imagine that it behaves any differently, but in case it's the result of poorly-formed HTML markup rather than broken PHP code, it might be interesting to check.
It seems I can't replicate it, and I've lost it from my browser cache. I can only assume that it was the result of poorly formatted HTML, but I don't know whose side caused it. Kerm, with the malformed tags messing up the whole post, that is throughout Cemetech, no matter what theme.
_player1537 wrote:
It seems I can't replicate it, and I've lost it from my browser cache. I can only assume that it was the result of poorly formatted HTML, but I don't know whose side caused it. Kerm, with the malformed tags messing up the whole post, that is throughout Cemetech, no matter what theme.
Thanks, I appreciate the check. I still need to track that down at some point. Smile
In the search results page, could the links to the actual topics (not subforums or user profiles) be made bold? The new search results page is a little cluttered, in my opinion.
Yeah, I'm working on making them easier, I wasn't a fan of the three column layout after topics and names were pushed into adjacent cells. Maybe two columns and three rows for each topic.
Anything would be fine Smile Personally, I really don't like the look of everything right now. It's very hard to find the actual topic links and it's even harder to find what the new topics are. Maybe, if you went the 2 column route, you could put two parts in the left column (Subforum and last person to post) and two in the right (topic name, and topic pages).
How it would be, if I did two columns would be something like what I've spaced out in the code box. It'd repeat downward and would be wider on the right than the left. I'm thinking of getting rid of page numbers, and having the topic title direct you to the last page/post.

Code:

-----------------------------------------
| Forum       | General                 |
| Topic       | Super Duper Bug Reports |
| Last Poster | SpamBot                 |
-----------------------------------------
Hmm, I could just be stubborn, but that still doesn't sound like a better idea than what we already have. I'd be open to being able to try it out, but is there any chance you could keep an old copy of how it was, and perhaps we could make that another style? To me, that still seems difficult to read through and find what you want. Also, with the way you have it right now, it is very hard to see where one post begins and the other ends. I'm not sure how I feel about getting rid of page numbers.. I like having them there so I _can_ go to another page, rather than the last one, but I also feel like most of the time, I am just trying to find the last page link to click, and on an iDevice, it is a pain to try to click the small buttons.
_player1537 wrote:
Hmm, I could just be stubborn, but that still doesn't sound like a better idea than what we already have. I'd be open to being able to try it out,

I agree as well. The three column setup was easy to follow. As suggested, I'll keep a copy of the original.

Quote:
To me, that still seems difficult to read through and find what you want. Also, with the way you have it right now, it is very hard to see where one post begins and the other ends.

I think that's a result of the vertical results. It's also because it's not really skinned properly. I could skin it more like posts or something so it's faster to recognize new topics when searching.

Quote:
I'm not sure how I feel about getting rid of page numbers.. I like having them there so I _can_ go to another page, rather than the last one, but I also feel like most of the time, I am just trying to find the last page link to click, and on an iDevice, it is a pain to try to click the small buttons.

That's what went through my mind, just that it's hard in general with small touch screens - and larger ones with the font size.
comicIDIOT wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
Hmm, I could just be stubborn, but that still doesn't sound like a better idea than what we already have. I'd be open to being able to try it out,

I agree as well. The three column setup was easy to follow. As suggested, I'll keep a copy of the original.

Much appreciated Smile

Quote:
Quote:
To me, that still seems difficult to read through and find what you want. Also, with the way you have it right now, it is very hard to see where one post begins and the other ends.

I think that's a result of the vertical results. It's also because it's not really skinned properly. I could skin it more like posts or something so it's faster to recognize new topics when searching.

That sounds like it would do pretty well. And, as an added bonus, it would make things feel just that much more uniform throughout the forum. The only issue I can see with that is, if it looks too much like posts, it could get hard to tell whether you are on the New Posts page vs a normal thread. But, I guess we can't tell until we see it, right? Smile

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure how I feel about getting rid of page numbers.. I like having them there so I _can_ go to another page, rather than the last one, but I also feel like most of the time, I am just trying to find the last page link to click, and on an iDevice, it is a pain to try to click the small buttons.

That's what went through my mind, just that it's hard in general with small touch screens - and larger ones with the font size.

Also, another thing I just thought of, you are using the same thing for the New Posts page as the Search page, and some people may want to just click on the page from their search. And, if you don't put it on that one page, people will still have to eventually mess with it (for instance, to get on another page, or it will still be itty-bitty buttons that you might click on). But it could, of course, be a moot point Razz
Just a remainder for myself, I think this was requested but I never understood the context of the request until now. The new posts page is missing "This Weeks Posts" when displaying new posts, it's there when no new posts are present, however.

So, I'll add that!
I would suggest that on the "Go to the new posts" page more information should be displayed.

Code:
Forum: TI-Freak8x
[Prizm C learning] 
Last Post: christop
... is very big as it consumes 3 lines. Also I would like to know the post date.
For clarity, what do you mean page information? Page numbers, correct? As for the post date, it'd be hard to fit in. I left it out because we're fairly active board so all of the posts on the "New Posts" page would be from the last day. There's just so much information that I can place vertically on the screen of a phone, that I had only those three things.

Recently, I moved them horizontally so names would't join adjacent cells in the table, but it's proving a bit harder to make it flow than a vertical display of the post information. Since my schedule is a bit heavy these next few days, I'll revert to the old New Posts page.
When will user profile pages be fixed?
It doesn't appear broken. Just some missing values for statistics. What exactly is broken?

Page 11 of 16
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours