holy crap, tilp still wont send it
qazz42 wrote:
holy crap, tilp still wont send it
And rabbitsign didn't throw you any sort of error messages? Did you try TI-Connect again?
it says:

pongos.8xu: warning: OS header has no page count field
That's fine, and it's only a warning (the -p flag is there to fix it Wink)
How does the send fail? The way I got it to work in the end was pulling the USB cord when it says "Validating" on the calc. It should still validate, though TiLP might give you an error.
... Ok, I was using TILP.. it said "NACK refused"
More important is when it fails (What part of the receive process? During actual receiving or during validation?)
Does doing what I suggested worked?
no, it begins and then it just stops automaticly

holy... crap

Now, with TI-Connect I get another error (with the signed OS)

it says "USB Communication Error. No cirtificate exsists for the object being downloaded"

what does PongOS want from me?
That's weird...
Why have I forgotten what I did? Sad
And qazz, that's TI-Connect, not the calc or PongOS.
Very strange... If only I could afford to try to send it... (Need TI-OS for school...)
I'll look into the rabbitsign flags and see what I can do.
Make sure you're using the 83+ version, btw Razz
Edit: Okay, I have no idea if this will work, but get the pongos.hex file (for pongos, of course Razz) and run this line (stolen from pongos and modified), then what I said earlier

Code:
packxxu -v 9.99 -h 255 pongos.hex -t 83p -q 0A -o pongos.8xu

Edit 2: packxxu can be found at http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/413/41336.html
ok, done, now what?
calcdude84se wrote:
Not really a tutorial Razz
If you have an unsigned .8Xu (or a previously signed one), just run this line (stolen from my OS build file)

Code:
rabbitsign -t 8xu -k 0A.key -K 0A -g -p -r os.8xu

Where os.8xu is the unsigned OS.
Some of these flags are probably extraneous, but it works Very Happy
Edit: fixed typo. Be aware that the key file also needs to be in the current directory.

Execute this line ^ os.8xu is the original OS file, as before.
done, and done

now?
You'll want to send it Very Happy
If it doesn't work the first time, try removing the USB cable as earlier suggested during validation.
IT..WORKS!
Yay!
Smile
Enjoy yourself! Smile
Note: Messing with flash is fun! (And dangerous, so be careful Razz)
And you can always send the TI-OS back later...
too bad that CSX does not have a .hex

otherwise I could have done the same with that
Yeah, I went through the pain of editing the source files so brass could compile it. But I like PongOS better. You can play Pong, and edit flash! Razz
calcdude84se wrote:
Enjoy yourself! Smile
Note: Messing with flash is fun! (And dangerous, so be careful Razz)
And you can always send the TI-OS back later...
Amazing, calcdude! Thanks for your epic persistence with this. And Qazz, I think you deserve some kudos too for sticking with this through so much discouragement.
haha, thanks Kerm

Now, calcdude, I have one last favour to ask of you. Do you have a version of CSX that you have sent to a TI-84+?
qazz42 wrote:
haha, thanks Kerm

Now, calcdude, I have one last favour to ask of you. Do you have a version of CSX that you have sent to a TI-84+?
Why would it not be the same as the TI-83+ version, now that you have the TI-83+ version of PongOS working on your calculator?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours