Done. Hold on.

YES! It works ish.

I only have 4-level PNG to test it. Razz
Raylin wrote:
Done. Hold on.

YES! It works ish.

I only have 4-level PNG to test it. Razz
That's good enough. Now I'll quick make the changes that _player requested. What do you mean it works ish?
I can't tell because I only have 4-levels to test it. Razz
Raylin wrote:
I can't tell because I only have 4-levels to test it. Razz
Ah, fair enough.

apcalc and tanner, I believe I addressed all three of those issues. Would you both mind testing it?
I will as soon as I get some sprites to use Very Happy (hopefully soon)
_player1537 wrote:
I will as soon as I get some sprites to use Very Happy (hopefully soon)
Aight, sounds good, let me know how it goes. I tried to handle cases in which people give files names that aren't going to work out to be good C variable names.
Okay, so I tried to use the converter with some monochrome images and it displayed hex.

I don't know if it was mine though. It just displayed a bunch of gibberish.
Raylin wrote:
Okay, so I tried to use the converter with some monochrome images and it displayed hex.

I don't know if it was mine though. It just displayed a bunch of gibberish.
Can you please post the image in question? You're saying the hex it produced was incorrect, right?
Yeah. So, it was my Shrew.

The hex it gave was:
Code:

01C0
03F0
00C
00C
C186
13CB6
101ACC
823C
10641C
18C08
28C08
41B112
5A58E2
6C9476
3F2D5C
18C780
Ahhh, I think I see the problem there. Some of the two-nibble things are getting reduced to 1 nibble if the first nibble is 0. I believe I just wrote a fix for this issue based on your report; please re-test your imaeg.
IT WORKS! Very Happy
Raylin wrote:
IT WORKS! Very Happy
Awesome, then that's another feature to check off my list; I guess I should eventually have a news article about the new image tools. Before I eventually do, though, what other features might be useful?
Axe Greyscale hex comes to mind.
That and maybe absorb the functions of ImageStudio into SourceCoder?
Raylin wrote:
Axe Greyscale hex comes to mind.
That and maybe absorb the functions of ImageStudio into SourceCoder?
Well, with the 2-level, 3-level, and 4-level grayscale/monochrome .db statements, that basically is the only thing for which I use ImageStudio. The only things it doesn't have are data statements for the 68k calculators, gray threshold adjustments, and run-length encoding (RLE). I don't know how useful those would be, though.
Oh. I meant the ability to save each level of greyscale as a separate .8xi file. Razz
Raylin wrote:
Oh. I meant the ability to save each level of greyscale as a separate .8xi file. Razz
Oh, I didn't realize that it offered that. Is that something a lot of people want to be able to do?
I know I used it for that feature. I dunno if Axe has effectively replaced it now.

But, yeah. Axe grayscale data for sure.
Raylin wrote:
I know I used it for that feature. I dunno if Axe has effectively replaced it now.

But, yeah. Axe grayscale data for sure.
How many levels of grayscale does Axe support? If it's either three or four, then that feature will be trivial, because I can just convert the binary ASM fields into hex the way I did for the monochrome data.
Yeah. It only does up to 4.
So, are you going to do the same thing that you did with the original Axe data?
Raylin wrote:
Yeah. It only does up to 4.
So, are you going to do the same thing that you did with the original Axe data?
Yes indeed. Wait, but can it also do three-level? Is there a point to me having BASIC/Hex/Axe fields for both 3-level and 4-level grayscale?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours