These are the Advance Wars: Days of Ruin sprites I just made for SirCmpwn.

Raylin wrote:
These are the Advance Wars: Days of Ruin sprites I just made for SirCmpwn.

That is somekind of amazing is all I can say. Shock
Those are awesome! 48x32 and 4-level grays?
Yep. Smile
From what I can make out, it looks like you didn't do any dithering. Is that a stylistic choice, or do you not usually use dithering when you do grayscale pixel art? Now that I mentioned it, is it something you might consider, or are you happy with your sprites as-is?
I'll go back and revise them with dithering later. But, my goal right now was cranking the sprites out ASAP. I didn't know if SirCmpwn needed it.
Raylin wrote:
I'll go back and revise them with dithering later. But, my goal right now was cranking the sprites out ASAP. I didn't know if SirCmpwn needed it.
That's fair, and they still looking amazing for ASAP sprites. Laughing
Thank you, good sir.
I'll probably dither some other sprites later.
Raylin wrote:
Thank you, good sir.
I'll probably dither some other sprites later.
Excellent. I look forward to seeing them; feel free to bump this thread when you edit those, and/or make a new thread for your new sprites. Will you be making more Advanced Wars sprites for SirCmpwn?
Yeah, if I can.
I'm totally up for contracting BTW.
I'm not just a programmer. Smile
BUMP.

The last of SirCmpwn's requested sprites IIRC.
EDIT: Moved mouth up one pixel.
Raylin wrote:
BUMP.

The last of SirCmpwn's requested sprites IIRC.
EDIT: Moved mouth up one pixel.
Very nice! The hair on that particular character came out very nicely in my opinion.
Yeah. I ended up doing one more too.

Wait... whut... Lag?
Very nice, good shading, too. If I may make one (small) criticism, the head of the guy in the [1] position (that's the bottom-left for you non-DCS-7 users Laughing) seems to have a rather small head?
He has the same size head as the guy in the [6] position. When I need more detail on the body, I zoom out a bit.
Raylin wrote:
He has the same size head as the guy in the [6] position. When I need more detail on the body, I zoom out a bit.
Ah, ok, then maybe it's the angle that's making either his shoulders look too broad or his head to small. It's a niggling complaint, at any rate, and overall those look great. Smile
BUMP.

Niiiice! The W needs a higher riser in the middle, but other than that that looks great. I don't suppose you'd consider making either the area surrounding the AW text's border, or the area inside the border, some shade of light gray? It seems unfortunate to have 4-level grayscale available and not use it.

Changed.
Raylin wrote:

Changed.
Very nice, but the real question is whether you and SirCmpwn like it. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours