Ok, just had a great idea, so if i stored text to a list, stored a str data to a custom list, then called the list a Str, then got the data, stored data from list back to the original str, then deleted the custom list, would that work out?
You'd need numerical values for each character.

It just occured to me, what are you storing in the strings? Letters or numbers?
both, the text for the text sprites are stored to the strings.
Could someone post a link to the DCS7 basic commands that give details about how they all work? Thanks ahead of time.
Lists can store "equations," not strings. Not to mention you can't actually get the equation back after you've stored it w/o using the list editor, or at least AFAIK.
If you're confused, I can do something like

Code:
"seq(Y1(X),X,1,100"->LEQU

And it'll act as if I did it w/o the quotes. with the exception of, if the list is never read from, the values will never be calculated.
Basically, you can't use custom lists as extra strings. Sad

As for using the BASIC libraries, GUIRSprite or possibly GUIRLargeSprite should fit your needs of using the GUI
Sonlen wrote:
Could someone post a link to the DCS7 basic commands that give details about how they all work? Thanks ahead of time.
Take a quick read through my carefully-written Doors CS 7 documentation:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=DCSB_Libs

The third-party (xLIB / Celtic / PicArc / Omnicalc) libraries:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Third-Party_BASIC_Libraries

Or better yet, browse the SDK PDF:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/341/34192.html
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
Take a quick read through my carefully-written Doors CS 7 documentation:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=DCSB_Libs

The third-party (xLIB / Celtic / PicArc / Omnicalc) libraries:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Third-Party_BASIC_Libraries

Or better yet, browse the SDK PDF:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/341/34192.html

Can the files that come with that zip be run in DCS7 while archived? I know some can, but I havn't figured out which ones can and can't.
The zip doesn't really contain any files other than Doors CS itself... I'm a bit confused what you're asking still. Smile
It had the PDF file, and 2 folders, one called BASIC and the other ASM, the BASIC had a 83p and a 8xp file in it.
Sonlen wrote:
It had the PDF file, and 2 folders, one called BASIC and the other ASM, the BASIC had a 83p and a 8xp file in it.
Oh, those, I actually meant to take those out. I didn't test them at all. They can both be run archived only because Doors CS can run any BASIC program from archive.
Download Text Sprite Map Generator

Here is my first program, test it out and tell me what you think. Very Happy
Sonlen wrote:

Well, it's definitely a step in the right direction and a good start to your program. What do you plan to do next?
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:

Well, it's definitely a step in the right direction and a good start to your program. What do you plan to do next?

Fix the issue where it won't let there be more then 1 sprite without it giving a dim error. That hopefully won't be too hard to fix though.
Mind posting the relevant code so we can help you track that down? If not, I can do it for you.

Code:
::DCS
:"81C3A59981818181
:ClrHome
:1→L:0→O:0→P
:prgmZTSGEN
:While (P*O)≠L
:Input "TEXT :",Str0
:Input "SPR LENGTH: ",P
:Input "SPR COUNT: ",O
:length(Str0→L
:End
:ClrDraw
:DispGraph
:dim([A]→∟S
:For(A,1,∟S(1
:For(B,1,∟S(2
:[A](A,B
:If Ans:Then
:For(X,1,L
:Text(6(B-1),5(A-1)+X-1,(sub(Str0,X+Ans-1,1
:Text(6(B-1),5(A-1)+5," 
:End:End:End
:Return

I havn't quite figured out where the actual issue is is the only bad thing.
I know there was a code, can't remember what it is off the top of my head, but the number in the matrix is where the string starts for the text, now to remember what I had to change. >.<
You still have a few segments that are assuming 5-pixel-wide sprites. Try this instead:

Code:
::DCS
:"81C3A59981818181
:prgmZTSGEN
:Input "TEXT :",Str0
:Input "SPR LENGTH: ",P
:Input "SPR COUNT: ",O
:length(Str0→L
:For(B,1,∟S(2
:[A](A,B
:If Ans:Then
:For(X,1,**P
:**Text(6(B-1),PA-P+X-1,(sub(Str0,X+P(Ans-1),1
:**Text(6(B-1),PA,"[2 spaces]
:End:End:End

Notice the three places with **s.
Could anyone help me modify the above code for vertical sprites, don't worry about adding it to it, it will be seperate for the time being. Thanks anyone who can help me. Very Happy
Sonlen wrote:
Could anyone help me modify the above code for vertical sprites, don't worry about adding it to it, it will be seperate for the time being. Thanks anyone who can help me. Very Happy
Well, you'll need, instead of 1 row of characters, N number of rows of characters, where sprite height is N+5 pixels, at least in the easiest-to-explain case. Then you'll need to do the rendering, so it's a modification in the input section and another in the render section. Do you want to try your hand at it yourself first?
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
Well, you'll need, instead of 1 row of characters, N number of rows of characters, where sprite height is N+5 pixels, at least in the easiest-to-explain case. Then you'll need to do the rendering, so it's a modification in the input section and another in the render section. Do you want to try your hand at it yourself first?

I will actually, just wish me luck not to mess it all up.... again >.< had to overwrite from a group I made as back up 3 times at school today >.<
Ah, sorry to hear it. Sad Good luck!
BASIC Code wrote:
:Output(1,3,"USES Str9"
:Pause
:Menu("VERTICAL TEXT SPRITE","START",0,"BACK",1
:Lbl 0
:¦ A
:¦ Input "TEXT :",Str9
:¦ Input "SPR LENGTH: ",P
:¦ Input "SPR COUNT: ",O
:¦ Input "ROWS OF SPRITES: ",R
:¦ length(Str9→L
:¦ For(B,1,∟S(2
:¦ ¦ [A](B,A
:¦ ¦ If Ans:Then
:¦ ¦ ¦ For(X,1,P
:¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ Text(R+6(B-1),PA-P+X-1,(sub(Str9,X+Ans-1,1
:¦ ¦ ¦ End
:¦ ¦ ¦ Text(R+6(B-1),PA,"
:¦ ¦ End:End:End
:Menu("SAVE PIC?","YES",2,"NO",1
:Lbl 2
:StorePic 1
:RecallPic 1
:Lbl 1
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005-2010 Cemetech

I give up, this is what I came up with after a few tries, and I need help >.< I am still a noob, only been programming since I got my calc a month ago so..... >.<

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours