comicIDIOT wrote:
It's a virtual screen size of like 1024 by 800 I think. I'll see what I can do to verify.

1091 by 980 is the browser size on my phone.
I don't understand why they would do that. The screen is NOT 1091 by 980; why would it decide to emulate that? Do they want you to have to exercise your AMAZING multitouch screen by pinch-zooming every time you load a webpage?
Not sure, but it's looking evident we need to detect screen size and load a theme based on size.
So I wanted to just say something, I connected with wi-fi on my iPod 2 gen, Sax takes about 5 more secs to load then on my computer, though I doubt that is any issue, I thought I would at least let you know.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Not sure, but it's looking evident we need to detect screen size and load a theme based on size.
Urk, I really hope not; that wouldn't be fun at all. It seems to me that only the i* products would misreport their screen size, right? Jonimus, did the text on comic's mockup look huge on your non-iFruit?
My PS3 has a smaller browser size than my iPhone I think. I'll have to double check but I remember my web site being smaller on my families 52" tv than on my 13" monitor.
comicIDIOT wrote:
My PS3 has a smaller browser size than my iPhone I think. I'll have to double check but I remember my web site being smaller on my families 52" tv than on my 13" monitor.

I will check in on that too then, forgot all about PS3 >.<
Well I wish I could show a screeny for my PS3, everythinhg is about half text size, it is resizable I think, but I also have a HDMI cable plugged in so that might also be one reason for the bigger resolution.
This is stupid. Who would visit cemetech on a mobile phone?
Sonlen, thanks. I won't be home from work for another three hours.
allynfolksjr wrote:

I would for one, so that blows your logic. Very Happy

comicIDIOT wrote:
Sonlen, thanks. I won't be home from work for another three hours.

No problem, and the PS3 has a resolution setting in the browser, though it says +1 +2 Normal -1 -2 so that doesnt quite give a size. >.<
Sonlen wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

Me too! At least one day a week I work outside for twelve hours, so I'd like to keep tabs on Cemetech without needing to view-only via Google's mobile transcriber thing.
Yes it's Huge, I have to zoom PIE allll the way out to even view part of the page. Though once zoomed out it looks fine. Except PIE6 failing with the CSS, seriously keep it simple, if PIE can't render it correctly I'm sure many other mobile browsers will have issues.

Opera Mobile 10 Beta, yes I know its an old version, handles the CSS correct but the header is HUGER THAN HUGE. Tone it down a bit there.
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

Me too! At least one day a week I work outside for twelve hours, so I'd like to keep tabs on Cemetech without needing to view-only via Google's mobile transcriber thing.

I hate that.... I can't think of a censored word I could use for how badly that thing works...
Jonimus, so it is indeed silly old Apple that decided to break every mobile standard. I vote we stick with 1.0; maybe if worse comes to worse we can put in a little mobile Safari-only stylesheet override to muliply font sizes by three.

Sonlen: SAX takes five MORE seconds to load on your iPod than on your computer? You mean it's all symbols run together until it sorts itself out after five seconds? Or the talk-receive lag is five more seconds?
It is the receive, like when someone says something, it isn't updated as fast, but I am using the F*****(sorry, no other way to put it, I will delete if asked) firmware 4.0 on my 2 gen and using wi-fi so it isn't as fast anyways.
Forgot to mention it loads faster at times and a bit slower at others on my PS3.
Sonlen wrote:
It is the receive, like when someone says something, it isn't updated as fast, but I am using the F*****(sorry, no other way to put it, I will delete if asked) firmware 4.0 on my 2 gen and using wi-fi so it isn't as fast anyways.
Forgot to mention it loads faster at times and a bit slower at others on my PS3.
That's a pain in the neck, but I guess there's not a lot I could do on my end about that, right?

I've given ComicIDIOT FTP access to the Cemetech6m template directory, so I look forward to seeing what he is able to come up with!
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
That's a pain in the neck, but I guess there's not a lot I could do on my end about that, right?

I've given ComicIDIOT FTP access to the Cemetech6m template directory, so I look forward to seeing what he is able to come up with!

It's nothing you can do, its Jobs trying to stop Jailbreaking and utilizing their so called "backgrounding" which eats up battery if you don't have a iPhone 4 or iTouch 3rd gen.
Too find browser size, view http://whatsmy.browsersize.com in the browser you wish to check. Also, I'll bring the font sizes to more respectable values for the other phones until I can find a mobile safari workaround with CSS or HTML.

Jonimus, I addresses that PIE issue in an earlier post.
*bump* PS3 Browser Size is 1094x928 and the Screen Size is 1280x1024, some what near the 1920x1080 it _should_ be on my 1080HD TV. In Comparison, My laptops screen is 1280x800.

Using the resolution setting on the PS3 browser, I can get as low as 766x648 and the +1,2 aren't selectable for me. Sonlen, can you select the +1,2 at all?

Unrelated to the topic, Apple trying to prevent jail-breaking has nothing todo with the slowness of SAX, or the device, but the firmware updates are usually direct response to jailbreaking. A fix to iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G are coming in September.

Kerm, I'll upload what I have now and tweak it either then or when I awake. Feel free to edit it yourself and alert me of any changes so I can make notes on my local copy, as I'll be working from that most the time.
Hmm, if only my phone had internetz
comicIDIOT wrote:
*bump* Kerm, I'll upload what I have now and tweak it either then or when I awake. Feel free to edit it yourself and alert me of any changes so I can make notes on my local copy, as I'll be working from that most the time.
Where did you upload it to? I viewed Cemetech under a faked user agent on my computer to no new changes, and I didn't see anything significantly new on c6m.ci.com. I must have not been observant enough. Smile

Page 3 of 21
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours