Haha; Okay, I'll add those prefixes in.

It worked!

Now, we need to define some for the subfora.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Haha; Okay, I'll add those prefixes in.

It worked!

Now, we need to define some for the subfora.
Alrightly, so what variables do you need for the subfora on the forum index?
I applied the same variables to the sufora and nothing showed up. I guess a little variation for it to properly grab last topics and posts for the categories under the subfora. Such as when you click on Member Features you see the subforums and their last post info.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I applied the same variables to the sufora and nothing showed up. I guess a little variation for it to properly grab last topics and posts for the categories under the subfora. Such as when you click on Member Features you see the subforums and their last post info.
Did you make sure to add the correct prefices for the subfora? So that I can double-check the backend, which variables is it:?

Edit: For what it's worth, now the login username field and password field are both 2 screens tall and about 20 px wide. And there are still two login buttons with a broken Forgotten Password link in between.
The forum name & links work but not anything else. It's the same prefix as the home page too.
Code:
<table class="subforum">
                             <!-- BEGIN forumrow -->
                             <tr>
                                <td class="name"><a href="{catrow.forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_NAME}</a></td>
                                <td class="topic"><a href="{catrow.forumrow.LAST_POST_URL}">{catrow.forumrow.LAST_POST_TITLE}</a></td>
                                <td class="lastpost">{catrow.forumrow.LAST_POST_USER}</td>
                             </tr>
                  <!-- END forumrow -->
                          </table> <!-- table.subforum -->

I also seemed to have lost a subforum in this process, bringing the total subfora in Member Features to two instead of three in C6M. Edit: I'm seeing two in regular Cemetech, was this of your doing Kerm, just so that I'm not freaking out?

Regarding login, mind setting Rockmelt as a mobile browser so I can work on it?
I've temporarily added RockMelt as a forced-mobile browser. For the sake of my own future reference, the useragent strings are in forum/include/functions.php.
Everything is working out well. I've got Login working and Logout working, search and the results are complete. Just need a few variables to complete the thing and we've got it.

BTW: I'm in C6M! From my browser though. This is a very nice alternative to Cemetech6, I can see this growing into a lightweight version of the site for both mobiles and simplicity.
Some notes from my phone:

>All pages are solid maroon background, links are blue. I'm sure this is something we can work through later with the CSS.
>Quote and code boxes feature centered text for some reason
>Login link still leads to a 404

Other than that, great job!
Fixed the login link. The style problems are likely due to the CSS "ladders" I used. Last time I tried to fix that I broke C6M. I'll see what I can do to avoid a repeat disaster.

That quote and code issue is interesting.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Fixed the login link. The style problems are likely due to the CSS "ladders" I used. Last time I tried to fix that I broke C6M. I'll see what I can do to avoid a repeat disaster.

Yeah, it's almost like there's a default somewhere wrecking havoc, but I can't think where. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Yeah, it's almost like there's a default somewhere wrecking havoc, but I can't think where. Sad
Is that regarding the maroon colour?

Code:
div#parent div {
    background-color:#7b291b;
}
That's because every undefined DIV is that colour by default. That's there as a visual warning that I either need to assign a style to that DIV or I changed the class name; I could likely take that out with little repercussion now.
Quote:
[3/8/11 7:18:55 PM] comic: I still need some variables made I believe
[3/8/11 7:19:02 PM] comic: Unless you made them and I didn't notice
[3/8/11 7:19:22 PM] Kerm: not me
[3/8/11 7:19:28 PM] Kerm the subforum ones, right?
[3/8/11 7:19:31 PM] comic: Aye
[3/8/11 7:19:41 PM] comic: And I need one for search, last_post

For now, I'm loving the theme on that user agent. It's working out well.
Looks pretty good, although on the forum directory, I suggest adding some sort of border between rows (and columns, if it looks good).
SirCmpwn wrote:
Looks pretty good, although on the forum directory, I suggest adding some sort of border between rows (and columns, if it looks good).
That's not a bad idea, I have that style on the search results and it looks fantastic.

Maybe even a :n+1 psuedo class at the end of a CSS element to help differentiate the different lines.
Confirmed loading and login on iOS

Can't wait to see what this becomes. Smile

Forgot to put this in. A lot of extra space on the right side.

And saxjax up and working. Woohoo!!!

I second SIr's request. And I think it would need (very light) column rows also. Also, have you been to the mobile Wikipedia website? If possible, could the main forum sections (Announcements, General Discussion, etc) be shortened like the sections on the mobile Wikipedia page? The search page still screws up on my iPod, it goes too far to the right, and the text is made small on the left (I can post a picture, but I think it will show up on your iPhone the same way). Also, images need to be made to fit the screen, right now on the Home page, Kerm's massive screenshot breaks the website. And for the record, I get 4 errors in Mobile Safari:
Javascript Error on Line 1: prettify.css
HTML error on Line 45: Unmatched </a> encountered
Javascript error on line 132: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: urchinTracker
Javascript error on line 29: ReferenceError: can't find variable: prettyPrint

(last 3 in index.php)

One last thing, code screws up the page soooo badly x.x See also: Battery in Linux topic.
Comic, might we perhaps use an image for the logo? I'd be fine if that was the only logo on pages.
Oh yeah, bolding for new posts would be nice.
This looks great on my iPhone!
@ParkerR, kudo's for the screen shot, makes me smile to see others using the theme so early. However, regarding your second image. That's likely from the images in that topic, I believe Kerm has a 4 TI-Calc screen-wide screen shot which breaks the bounds of the page; something that _player noticed and something I addressed below.

@_player1537, that image issue is already a known bug. Regarding the search page, that was my neglegence in removing the original Cemetech6 Search Query template. It's displaying normally now.

Which index is that? Both index.php return the two errors related to javascript and checking the code results in no "unmatched" </a>. Mind posting a photo or linking to the URL of the affected page?

What do you mean by shortened? The sections to articles appear just as long as they do on the desktop. What's your point? Do you want fewer topics per page or fewer subforums displayed?

Bolding for new posts would be more of a variable end. I'm not sure how to go about adding that yet. I'll add that to the C6M: Request thread.

@KermMartian: It's worth a shot, did you ever resolve that memory issue with your phone?

Page 17 of 21
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours