Uhm, we use DCS7. a word to the wise, shells dont seem to play nicely with one another (see above with AngelStorm, who had installed DCS7 and MirageOS (double eww) and had a weird issue with programs swapping places).

I suggest removing all shells except for DCS7, and also using few folders (that mainly because you shouldnt really need too many folders for a calc, which doesnt generally need too much sorting). also, make sure that you leave DCSb and FldSav alone in the memory menu.

If you must, delete the FldSav appvar to reset your folders, in case your programs are (somehow) being placed in a nonexistant folder (by DCS6 or another shell). I beleive this should reset your program locations to the main (desktop? Menu? Kerm, what do you call that viewspace that shows the programs and folders).
elfprince13 wrote:
22:33 < elfprince> DCS breaks real() for actual usage
Doors CS 7.2 and Doors CSE 8 both have this. I can detect it and return valid values for complex and imaginary numbers and for all reals except integers 1-14, but dealing with the integers 1-14 properly is harder. tr1p1ea, I recommend we do something about this for Doors CSE 8 ASAP, and figure out what kind of fix to backport later (since it seems not to be a bug people encounter daily (????)). The biggest problems are reals 6, 8, 11, and 14 on the monochrome calculators, and real(9) on the color calculator, since those are the functions that take a single argument. Is there some function that all xLIB-using programs run in practice before using the other real() functions?

Luxen wrote:
well, it is mirage, riddled with Diseases and and whatever.

personally, this doesnt sound like
1) a bug 90% of people would get, as we switch from Mirage to DCS, or
2) a bug that is caused BY doors.
This is indeed caused by how MirageOS manages folders. Don't run MirageOS after you install Doors CS; problem solved.

soulfighter wrote:
Also, Kerm, isn't the Icon supposed to be a separate line? Also, I used your header program, using 16-char icons instead of 64-char icons, and it still gives me those errors.
You might have a list named D, C, or S, or a list named DCS, although that isn't something I've seen before in practice.

soulfighter wrote:
[...]
It will run at the Input Command, so If I type in 2+2 It displays 4.
But, when I type in the ".graph()" command, it throws me those errors as described in my previous post.
I don't believe this is Doors CS's fault, so we should discuss this in a separate topic.

Eightx84 wrote:
I installed 2 games on my calc, and they got lost I checked every folder. Then I ram cleared and ran DCS 6 and there they are, except now I don't know which folder they're supposed to be in.
Don't use Doors CS 6, use Doors CS 7.2. Doors CS 6 is no longer supported.
For some reason, Doors says that some programs like mario or desolate are TI BASIC programs and gets syntax errors. Why is this happening?
Thanks.
Princetonlion, I was just wondering that.
I just got mario and it did that...
Level files have a different program header than asm programs. as such, it comes out as ti-basic, though I beleive it is purely data. this isnt a bug, just an unrecognised header.

*(or I am wrong, but I think that is the case)
It wasn't a level file, it was the game.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Doors CS 7.2 and Doors CSE 8 both have this. I can detect it and return valid values for complex and imaginary numbers and for all reals except integers 1-14, but dealing with the integers 1-14 properly is harder. tr1p1ea, I recommend we do something about this for Doors CSE 8 ASAP, and figure out what kind of fix to backport later (since it seems not to be a bug people encounter daily (????)). The biggest problems are reals 6, 8, 11, and 14 on the monochrome calculators, and real(9) on the color calculator, since those are the functions that take a single argument. Is there some function that all xLIB-using programs run in practice before using the other real() functions?

Do we know if tr1p has seen this yet?
I don't know if this is just me, or it really is a bug; but when I attach a DCS header so that DCS will unarchive any subprograms, I ALWAYS run into the "Err:Archived" message. Every time.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Do we know if tr1p has seen this yet?

Bump.
Hey im not sure what is being asked? With the parser enabled you lose the ability to use real() as intended ...

There are some workarounds like using imag( instead.

That being said, Kerm will have to be enlisted since the parser hook code is his in this case.

I wonder if there is a way to detect a complex number and then restore the parse?
Alternatively (not the best idea but it would work) is inside a dcs basic program use a less used token to "disable" the hook until it runs into it again so you can case around that issue. Not really the best way to do it but it would solve the issue.
tr1p1ea wrote:
I wonder if there is a way to detect a complex number and then restore the parse?
There is indeed, and for real numbers, I can add functionality to pass through real() commands that have multiple arguments or are outside the range of the xLIB (or xLIBC) commands. However, I have no idea what to do about single-argument xLIB/xLIBC commands that cannot be distinguished from math commands. Any suggestions?
Well, you could always break compatibility with all previous xLIB/xLIBC programs and require real(9001.1337) to enable the xLIB commands. Otherwise you could do something similar to toggle xLIB/xLIBC functionality.
I use the SimpleGUIMouse command, and when I use HomeRun on a program with that command, my calc crashes after a successful run (when I try to run/edit something else).
When running DrDnar's Archive Undelete straight from the new programs list on the front page, I triggered an ERR:prg. It claims to have number 554.
ordelore wrote:
When running DrDnar's Archive Undelete straight from the new programs list on the front page, I triggered an ERR:prg. It claims to have number 554.
That's a TI-84+CSE program. You want the TI-83+/TI-84+ version:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/411/41128.html
In the first help page, there doesn't seem to be a space before the word Shortcuts:
Quote:
Welcome to DCS7 by Kerm Ma
rtian. Full info @ http://dcs
.cemetech.net.Shortcuts:

Also, section 1.4.1 (Keys and Shortcuts) of the PDF manual is lacking ending parentheses for the last two entries. I actually fixed this in 2011 on the wiki, but I guess I forgot to say anything about the PDF Razz
JosJuice wrote:
In the first help page, there doesn't seem to be a space before the word Shortcuts:
Quote:
Welcome to DCS7 by Kerm Ma
rtian. Full info @ http://dcs
.cemetech.net.Shortcuts:

Also, section 1.4.1 (Keys and Shortcuts) of the PDF manual is lacking ending parentheses for the last two entries. I actually fixed this in 2011 on the wiki, but I guess I forgot to say anything about the PDF Razz
Thank you for reporting these issues. I have fixed the manual PDF errors as well as the spacing in the App itself. I appreciate the eagle-eyedness. Wink
When I use 3D Tunnel (http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/457/45784.html) using the HomeRun feature, and then run DCS, the cursor acts funny and all of my settings are corrupted.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 37 of 40
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours